blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:10:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022  (Read 29604 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2022, 11:02:29 PM »

That's the one didn't realise it was that long since it was lasted used!  Five years.  I didn't search that far back.

It all kind of migrated to the Blonde will make strong thread which was just general fitness.

That one's gone very stale now as well with only a few very rare posts. Shame really, I always enjoy the updates there.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2022, 11:06:59 PM »

I am 6'3" and currently weigh 132kg and not happy at all. I want to lose 40kg. I'm currently totally addicted to sugar I know I just need to stop that. I also, over the past few years have increased my use of delivery food to it being beyond a joke. I order so much food it's crazy. I am a couch potato, lazy as hell. I do work sometimes, not at home. I haven't ever really got the "buzz" from exercising.

I have to buy most clothes online as I don't fit into what they have in shops. I think this has been a strong reality check of where I am and where I want to be.

The last time I went about losing weight I put the mindset of avoiding carbs. I was eating lots of meat/fish and veg and let myself be hungry. I was working a job that with the journey and some extra effort I was generally doing 10,000 steps a day.

It was working. I can't find the figures but I feel like I lost 15kg. I was still not close to a healthy weight (but much better than I am now.) This was over a 3 month period. I think what the demise of that period was I was counting calories and started eating things that kept me within my 1800 a day (or whatever I was aiming for) but started the sugar again, perhaps a small packet of sweets or a chocolate, or a frozen pizza "hey its only 900 calories I can eat less _________"

These small packets increased in size and the frequency of carb foods also, and at some point I was off the wagon.

I need to start again. I don't know where to. I'm depressed in general and eating rubbish is comforting. I don't like feeling hungry. Carbs are quick, easy, cheap, filling. I like carbs.

It all feels so daunting to give up the food I have become accustomed to ordering via an app and having it within 30 minutes; turkish, greek, indian, pizza, mcdonalds... The list goes on. I know the amount of money I spend is also crazy but I don't think about it.

Pretty deep stuff and well done for sharing. It'll be really tough for you as you are physically addicted to food by the sound of it. Might sound OTT but you potentially need some serious help such as weight loss counselling if you're going to be able to succeed long term.

I'm pretty good at this weight loss stuff but in your case it doesn't sound as simple as just saying "well stop eating then".......

Very best of luck with this. You've done the first bit by opening up, now for the hard bit......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 07:49:15 AM »

Weighed in at 14 5 4 this morning which is actually lighter than I expected.

My weight really moves a lot depending on how much I watch what I eat.

Record high is about 19st when I was 19.

Until 2019 it probably hovered around 15st.

In both 2019 and 2021 managed to get just under 13st.

Target as per those two years for me is 12st 7lb.

Will break it down into monthly targets though so 31st of Jan is to see a 13 back on the scales..... at the start.

Will be weighing in daily as before, recording on a graph with a 7 day average and will share on here weekly.

All about watching the calories for me, as I wont be introducing much if any exercise.

Lets go!

Soup and whiskey diet again?

If it works again my DVD will be out for Xmas 2022

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 10:47:48 AM »

Weighed in at 14 5 4 this morning which is actually lighter than I expected.

My weight really moves a lot depending on how much I watch what I eat.

Record high is about 19st when I was 19.

Until 2019 it probably hovered around 15st.

In both 2019 and 2021 managed to get just under 13st.

Target as per those two years for me is 12st 7lb.

Will break it down into monthly targets though so 31st of Jan is to see a 13 back on the scales..... at the start.

Will be weighing in daily as before, recording on a graph with a 7 day average and will share on here weekly.

All about watching the calories for me, as I wont be introducing much if any exercise.

Lets go!

Soup and whiskey diet again?

If it works again my DVD will be out for Xmas 2022

I tried this. I didn't lose any weight but I didn't give a fuck.

The older I get, the better I was.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2022, 01:18:22 PM »

That's the one didn't realise it was that long since it was lasted used!  Five years.  I didn't search that far back.

Didn't realise just how many posters/posts were in that thread as well.
I do remember the first one I lost loads quickly, then let it slip. Think I ended up losing most the weight in the last few weeks. Things you do to avoid losing a bet..lol
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2022, 02:59:41 PM »

Well have done a week now and lost 2kg trying to stick to 2000cal a day. Was asleep all NYD so didn't eat at all really Tongue

Went over one day with two big bowls of cereal which was super lazy but delicious. Think I ate 2500 that day. The only other sugary foods I've eaten in a week are 3 nutty-chocolatey type bars 135kcal each and one magnum ice cream around 250. Pretty happy with that side of things as i could easily eat 1k cal of sugary shit in a day before for the past couple of years.

Am aiming for 0 deliveries until the end of the month. The only thing I had delivered was a peri peri chicken wrap when my housemate ordered chicken... Not that bad guessing 400-500 cal but not that worth it.

When it comes to real food definitely need to branch out. I've found myself this time not avoiding certain carbs as much; I haven't had any bread, pasta or rice but I have had things like lentils and chickpeas. I'm pretty sure these are "better" carbs than you find in the former... I think I will probably add in some potatoes either baked or boiled for satiety. I will likely have rice somtimes going forwards.

Definitely need to find some more things to eat though. Some examples of what I've been eating:

A good filling meal for 500cal had fried onion/garlic/5%fat mince (half a packet -300 cal)/1tbsp oil then added tinned tomatoes and ate with a shit load of veg. This was a lot of food physically!

Have had a couple of 300cal pre-prepared lentils u stick in microwave either on their own or with tuna.

Have had chicken breast, marinated and then roasted with veg.

Had a ready meal which was 350cal plus some petit pois.

A lot of these meals are a LOT less food than I was eating so it's been tough, hence looking to eat some potato potentially as it's very filling.

Today at 10.30 I fried some garlic and a tin of chickpeas, added seasoning and chili powder and smoked paprika. Around 400cal. I was still hungry. Had two boiled eggs and much better though was still panging for a while. I plan to eat a lot of eggs as they helped me last time a lot!

The 2kg figure means nothing as at the beginnign there's lots of changes in water weight, so I expect the first few weeks weight to mostly drop off before it starts to get tougher. The question is can I make and eat foods I like enough sustainably? To some people 2000 calories sounds like a lot but when you're a human vacuum cleaner it's not always that much. Have to watch things like oils, sauces etc as this is where things can add up quickly!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:01:24 PM by dakky » Logged
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 04:56:31 PM »

Well have done a week now and lost 2kg trying to stick to 2000cal a day. Was asleep all NYD so didn't eat at all really Tongue

Went over one day with two big bowls of cereal which was super lazy but delicious. Think I ate 2500 that day. The only other sugary foods I've eaten in a week are 3 nutty-chocolatey type bars 135kcal each and one magnum ice cream around 250. Pretty happy with that side of things as i could easily eat 1k cal of sugary shit in a day before for the past couple of years.

Am aiming for 0 deliveries until the end of the month. The only thing I had delivered was a peri peri chicken wrap when my housemate ordered chicken... Not that bad guessing 400-500 cal but not that worth it.

When it comes to real food definitely need to branch out. I've found myself this time not avoiding certain carbs as much; I haven't had any bread, pasta or rice but I have had things like lentils and chickpeas. I'm pretty sure these are "better" carbs than you find in the former... I think I will probably add in some potatoes either baked or boiled for satiety. I will likely have rice somtimes going forwards.

Definitely need to find some more things to eat though. Some examples of what I've been eating:

A good filling meal for 500cal had fried onion/garlic/5%fat mince (half a packet -300 cal)/1tbsp oil then added tinned tomatoes and ate with a shit load of veg. This was a lot of food physically!

Have had a couple of 300cal pre-prepared lentils u stick in microwave either on their own or with tuna.

A lot of these meals are a LOT less food than I was eating so it's been tough, hence looking to eat some potato potentially as it's very filling.

Today at 10.30 I fried some garlic and a tin of chickpeas, added seasoning and chili powder and smoked paprika. Around 400cal. I was still hungry. Had two boiled eggs and much better though was still panging for a while. I plan to eat a lot of eggs as they helped me last time a lot!

The 2kg figure means nothing as at the beginnign there's lots of changes in water weight, so I expect the first few weeks weight to mostly drop off before it starts to get tougher. The question is can I make and eat foods I like enough sustainably? To some people 2000 calories sounds like a lot but when you're a human vacuum cleaner it's not always that much. Have to watch things like oils, sauces etc as this is where things can add up quickly!

Having 5% mince then adding a table spoon of oil seems a little strange...... You should do your very best to avoid oil as it's one of the most calorie dense (kcals per gram) foods you'll find.

This girl is worth a watch if you want some ideas on what actually works in the real world:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrA-KN5yQzL1DkcUg9QN4Qw

She used the Greg Doucette (an IFBB pro body builder) cookbook to help her and has links to it in some of her videos.

I've read a lot of reviews about the cookbook and it focusses on low calorie dense foods meaning you get to eat a lot of volume for not many calories. Some of the foods looks really nice such as the anabolic french toast that he always talks about.

The cookbook itself is expensive (very expensive) but you sound like someone who may well benefit from it.

Spend a few hours watching Louises Journey and also Greg Doucette and it may give you a few ideas where to start.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 05:04:41 PM »

Few swap outs you could make here:

Fry light spray instead of oil. Hopefully you did this anyway as no diet on the planet should include oil.

Get rid of the yolks from the eggs. 1 whole large egg is around 85 calories with the yolk being 63 of those despite only accounting for 1/3 of the overall volume.

You can have 2 whole eggs at 170 calories for 130g of food or 6 egg whites at 154 calories for 270g of food.

Twice as filling and fewer calories.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 06:13:15 PM »

Few swap outs you could make here:

Fry light spray instead of oil. Hopefully you did this anyway as no diet on the planet should include oil.

Get rid of the yolks from the eggs. 1 whole large egg is around 85 calories with the yolk being 63 of those despite only accounting for 1/3 of the overall volume.

You can have 2 whole eggs at 170 calories for 130g of food or 6 egg whites at 154 calories for 270g of food.

Twice as filling and fewer calories.

Interesting this discussion. Im much better at reducing total intake than i am at removing the good bits. Cant imagine life without olive oil and egg yolks and a zillion other tasty treats but when im of a mind to can quite easily eat smaller meals

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2022, 06:19:04 PM »

Lol. I couldn't bring myself to discard 6 egg yolks, my mam would turn in her grave.

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 08:00:13 PM »

Having 5% mince then adding a table spoon of oil seems a little strange...... You should do your very best to avoid oil as it's one of the most calorie dense (kcals per gram) foods you'll find.

This girl is worth a watch if you want some ideas on what actually works in the real world:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrA-KN5yQzL1DkcUg9QN4Qw

She used the Greg Doucette (an IFBB pro body builder) cookbook to help her and has links to it in some of her videos.

I've read a lot of reviews about the cookbook and it focusses on low calorie dense foods meaning you get to eat a lot of volume for not many calories. Some of the foods looks really nice such as the anabolic french toast that he always talks about.

The cookbook itself is expensive (very expensive) but you sound like someone who may well benefit from it.

Spend a few hours watching Louises Journey and also Greg Doucette and it may give you a few ideas where to start.

Dakky you won't get better advice anywhere than from Evilpie diet wise.   He really is a relative guru on this stuff.   I know it all as well i just can't usually help myself and definitely have food addiction issues myself to a certain level.   I was 140kg and 6'1'' at my peak weight so we are on a similar page size wise.   I am now 123kg after 15 months since my peak.   If i could diet like Evil Pie i would be a beast but i can't but trying my best the last year or so.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 08:40:49 PM »

I didn't add oil, of course. That was what it was cooked in.

I've actually just been shopping and bought some spray rapeseed.

I know that there are more calories in yolks, but it's also where the majority of taste and the nutrients are... Also I was reasonably good to go until dinner after having those chickpeas then 2 eggs and 1 more a bit later so for 225 cal {i make it around 75 per egg) that's pretty good.

I'll definitely have a look at that YouTube channel/s thanks. Seen some "anabolic" recipes on reddit when I was perusing earlier. Cheers!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 09:01:25 PM »

I didn't add oil, of course. That was what it was cooked in.

I've actually just been shopping and bought some spray rapeseed.

I know that there are more calories in yolks, but it's also where the majority of taste and the nutrients are... Also I was reasonably good to go until dinner after having those chickpeas then 2 eggs and 1 more a bit later so for 225 cal {i make it around 75 per egg) that's pretty good.

I'll definitely have a look at that YouTube channel/s thanks. Seen some "anabolic" recipes on reddit when I was perusing earlier. Cheers!

It's not good, it's shit.

You've got 225 calories for a snack that weighs in at about 180g.

If it's nutrients and flavour you want in a snack that fills you up how about 700g of strawberries for the same calorie intake? I doubt you'd be able to eat half of them if you tried.

You need low calorie dense food otherwise you're always going to be hungry hence the reason you needed one extra egg after the first two......

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 09:07:57 PM »

How did you come up with your calories figure?

You've probably got 500 just in the mince and oil. Nobody does an actual tbsp, you hold a tbsp over the pan then drizzle oil over it and call it a tbsp. Unless you actually weigh it I can guarantee you've got closer to 2 tbsp than 1 and at 120 calories each it really mounts up.

You're probably more like 700 calories than 500. Everybody underestimates and there really is no way of knowing unless you get a set of scales and weigh it.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 09:13:04 PM »

How big was this tin of chickpeas? According to Google they're 467 calories for a 285g tin? (Equivalent of 1.4kg of strawberries......)

Did you check the label?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: