blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:09:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat Club - Get Healthy / Fitter in 2022  (Read 29969 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 09:51:20 PM »

I didn't add oil, of course. That was what it was cooked in.

I've actually just been shopping and bought some spray rapeseed.

I know that there are more calories in yolks, but it's also where the majority of taste and the nutrients are... Also I was reasonably good to go until dinner after having those chickpeas then 2 eggs and 1 more a bit later so for 225 cal {i make it around 75 per egg) that's pretty good.

I'll definitely have a look at that YouTube channel/s thanks. Seen some "anabolic" recipes on reddit when I was perusing earlier. Cheers!

It's not good, it's shit.

You've got 225 calories for a snack that weighs in at about 180g.

If it's nutrients and flavour you want in a snack that fills you up how about 700g of strawberries for the same calorie intake? I doubt you'd be able to eat half of them if you tried.

You need low calorie dense food otherwise you're always going to be hungry hence the reason you needed one extra egg after the first two......

Slight edit: Eggs are actually amazing, I eat 4 whole eggs every day with 4 slices of toast and really enjoy it.

When I said they're shit I meant as a snack. For a meal in a salad for example they'd be great, for a snack between meals there are far better alternatives.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 11:05:15 PM »

Fight through the first week Dakky and take on board all the little leaks Matt has suggested as they soon add up over a week or a month.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2022, 11:18:52 PM »

Well the mince was definitely just over 300cal (from the packet, and google telling me it's 137cal per 100g). Ok maybe a little more than a tablespoon of oil but still.

FWIW I had 2eggs around 11.30am and one at 4pm before I went out

Yes I took the calories of the chickpeas off the can (I'm aware they aren't a great food - I never ate them last time I did something like this but I'm looking for/trying new things that might be filling and reasonable calories). It was around 350 plus a LITTLE oil. Nothing else (ok some garlic)

If you think eggs are a bad "snack" aside from strawberries what would you suggest as "better"? Smiley

Fruit doesn't really fill me up plus I avoid it due to the amount of sugar...

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 08:29:34 PM »

Ok maybe a little more than a tablespoon of oil but still.

NO. NOT 'but still'......

If you're serious about this you need to cut out the oil altogether. 1 tbsp of oil contains 120 calories. If you have one of those every day it equates to somewhere in the region of 12lbs of body weight in a year.

From your brief overview I'd guess you're currently consuming more than 1tbsp on average per day. How many bottles do you get through in a year? One 1L bottle contains about 9000 calories, it's pure fuel, you can run some cars on it ffs!!

Try cooking your mince in water. Once you've added all your spices and sauce you'll barely notice the difference in taste and you'll have dropped your calories by 250+

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 08:34:03 PM »

Have you been reading some of those dumbass keto books?

At what point in history did the sugar in fruit become a problem? People will happily drink a can of coke but won't go near a banana because it's full of sugar.

Ffs if you don't like fruit don't eat it but don't avoid it because of the sugar.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 08:38:50 PM »

If you think eggs are a bad "snack" aside from strawberries what would you suggest as "better"? Smiley

Try this for starters. Not just snacks. Eggs get a mention......

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 08:55:43 PM »

Here's another one:

The guy makes loads of videos including loads on nutrition. He's a marmite character so you not be able to tolerate watching him but it's a small sacrifice for the level of information he gives out.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2022, 10:13:01 PM »

For the mince either fry light or just cook it in its own juice. Put the pan on low heat to start and then use the fat from the mince to brown it off, before draining the excess fat.

I'm with Matt on the sugar in fruit thing. Totally unrefined in fruit, plus you get a ton of micro nutrients and fibre, which will make you feel fuller.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2022, 10:50:48 PM »

For the mince either fry light or just cook it in its own juice. Put the pan on low heat to start and then use the fat from the mince to brown it off, before draining the excess fat.

I'm with Matt on the sugar in fruit thing. Totally unrefined in fruit, plus you get a ton of micro nutrients and fibre, which will make you feel fuller.

Yeah that sounds like it would work. I fry mince quite hot and like to be able to leave it for a minute so the water just saves any accidents.... It soon boils off as well so doesn't affect the finished article.

I use frozen veg a lot as well so the water also helps with that.

200g 5% mince
200g mixed mexican veg
125g mexican rice (half a packet)
170g tomato and chilli sauce

650 calories total, very filling and very healthy.

If I'm trying to gain weight I add 20g of oil and a couple of nan breads which takes it up to just over 1200 calories

If I'm trying to cut I have 150g mince, 200g veg, 125g rice and 200g tinned tomatoes instead of the sauce. That drops it to 560 calories.

Little tweaks can make big differences that all add up over the course of a few months.

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2022, 12:09:45 AM »

At what point in history did the sugar in fruit become a problem? People will happily drink a can of coke but won't go near a banana because it's full of sugar.

Ffs if you don't like fruit don't eat it but don't avoid it because of the sugar.

No I haven't read any dumbass books. I'm just really physically addicted to sugar so been trying to cut it out including trying to minimise carbs also...

cheers
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2022, 12:44:00 AM »

No I haven't read any dumbass books. I'm just really physically addicted to sugar so been trying to cut it out including trying to minimise carbs also...

cheers

Apologies, I'm not a huge fan of keto.

Cutting it out completely seems a bit extreme unless a doctor has told you to. Fruit contains sugar but also has so many benefits.

I've just done a brief check on sugar addiction and quite a few sources recommend eating a piece of fruit to help curb cravings. Couldn't that be useful instead of going cold turkey? You could perhaps mix a few blackberries, blueberries and strawberries with low fat Greek yoghurt or cottage cheese to slow the sugar release?

Everything I've seen recommends snacking on healthy options rather than avoiding altogether. Obviously in your case you'd need to lean towards the lower calorie options as well wherever possible.

This looks a decent list:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods-that-fight-sugar-cravings

Eggs and chickpeas make the list before you dismiss it by the way Wink

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2022, 07:18:07 AM »

Yeah that sounds like it would work. I fry mince quite hot and like to be able to leave it for a minute so the water just saves any accidents.... It soon boils off as well so doesn't affect the finished article.

I use frozen veg a lot as well so the water also helps with that.

200g 5% mince
200g mixed mexican veg
125g mexican rice (half a packet)
170g tomato and chilli sauce

650 calories total, very filling and very healthy.

If I'm trying to gain weight I add 20g of oil and a couple of nan breads which takes it up to just over 1200 calories

If I'm trying to cut I have 150g mince, 200g veg, 125g rice and 200g tinned tomatoes instead of the sauce. That drops it to 560 calories.

Little tweaks can make big differences that all add up over the course of a few months.

El Hefe!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2022, 11:16:51 AM »

I can't believe no one has mentioned cod loins.

The older I get, the better I was.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2022, 11:26:43 AM »

I can't believe no one has mentioned cod loins.

I watched that video Evil linked about "eat as much of these as you like" and the two takeaways for me were  that mushrooms (which I like but have only just bought some yesterday since starting this 10 days agoi) have
a good amount of protein in and I need to eat more white fish
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2022, 11:07:45 AM »

So I think everyone was suggesting Friday updates....

Not a bad week, cut out a lot compared to the last 6 months but not quite as much as I need to.

Standard day is;

Cereal & Coffee
Banana
Soup or Salad
Apple
Normal meal with the family but smaller portion

Start weight 14st 5lb
7th Jan 14st 2lb
Loss/Gain -3lb

31st Jan Target 13st 13lb
30th April Target 12st 7lb

Graph below, 7 day averages will start to appear from tomorrow

Click to see full-size image.
Capture" border="0

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: