blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:28:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2022
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Cheltenham Tipster Competition 2022  (Read 13112 times)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2022, 07:02:27 PM »

I realise it makes little difference but any possibility of some points for my pick in the 4:10 today?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2022, 11:07:32 PM »

Hi guys,

I'm 100% fine, happy & healthy as I've ever been, only problems are I'm spread too thin right now & there are way too few hours in the day.

As well as being a bit overloaded, something cropped up yesterday which diverted me & I clean forgot this. Sorry.

I think the right & proper thing to do now is withdraw with as much grace as I can muster. It just feels wrong to be the big leader at this stage in these circumstances, especially against a bunch of great mates. I'm usually nearer last than first, & there is no way I'd ever have picked that 50/1 winner.

I've written to Grant tonight & included this;

"You can do whatever you think is right with the £25 - include it in the prize pool, add it as a special prize (Wooden Spoon or whatever), or even send it to Charity. Up to you."

So the bottom line is I'm a NR & everyone moves up a place, & it's up to Grant what he does with the £25. Seems right.

Will try & update my Diary soonest, life has been exciting beyond words since Mid-August, lots & lots has happened.

Good luck all.

xx

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:12:54 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2022, 12:22:27 AM »

Tosser.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2022, 12:26:44 AM »

Tosser.

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2022, 08:50:00 AM »

Great to hear you're doing well, tikay. Absolutely no way I'd be happy with you pulling out, though. Benefiting from a disadvantage is just one of those glorious variance things. Totally fine with you being the leader at the halfway stage.

Basically you've played poker by going all in blind so far. You're the table character. If you want now to nit up with your big stack, you absolutely can. If you want to carry on doing what you've been doing, they're your chips and no one else can stop you.

Rules is rules. It's already a great anecdote.

I'm sure we're all studying the big handicaps for horses that want filthy ground, so this could be quite a fun couple of days, as the ground starts to dry.

Game on!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2022, 09:03:24 AM »

Great to hear you're doing well, tikay. Absolutely no way I'd be happy with you pulling out, though. Benefiting from a disadvantage is just one of those glorious variance things. Totally fine with you being the leader at the halfway stage.

Basically you've played poker by going all in blind so far. You're the table character. If you want now to nit up with your big stack, you absolutely can. If you want to carry on doing what you've been doing, they're your chips and no one else can stop you.

I'm sure we're all studying the big handicaps for horses that want filthy ground, so this could be quite a fun couple of days, as the ground starts to dry.

Game on!

Ha, that's typically kind of you Simon, thank you, but I've already written to Grant & said it's best if I withdraw. 

Incidentally, I did watch that "Alpanist" you recommended, very very interesting, but I'll save the comments for my Diary rather than clutter up this thread.

I can't wait to see Mr Channing's write up this morning about the Cheltenham Clerk of the Course, after that watering fiasco. Still, sometimes these things pan out well, & maybe it contributed to one blonde having a very special day which ended up with him holding the Queen Mum's Champ Chase trophy, clearly very happy if a little bedraggled as can be seen from both photos.

Click to see full-size image.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2022, 09:08:49 AM »

Game on!

Yeah, this, wasn't serious yesterday.  It is just variance.  Have already gone a bit nuts with today's selections anyway, so haven't given up hope.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2022, 09:25:41 AM »

I realise it makes little difference but any possibility of some points for my pick in the 4:10 today?

Oops, so your horse wasn't called "Delta Work Win" then....  Grin

Sorted.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2022, 10:01:35 AM »

not that its going to interfere with me but i am more than happy with the luckbox that is tikay remaining in the contest

rules are rules anyone not picking in time gets a random selection from Grant if that random selection romps home at 50-1 them's da apples as they say.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2022, 11:19:47 AM »

I have no problem with Grant's random selections and Tikay getting lucky.

However if rules are rules there is one clearly stating that all entry fees must be paid by noon on Tuesday 15th.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2022, 11:23:05 AM »

However if rules are rules there is one clearly stating that all entry fees must be paid by noon on Tuesday 15th.

oh i didnt know he hadn't paid in time

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2022, 11:49:19 AM »

Do we know he didn't pay on time?  It is unfortunate that the original post states in and not paid, but that could just be bad admin as Grant is busy.  Kind of all cocked up now, as it changes the strat if he is in or out.  Though happy to just let the donk bets stands, guess I'd likely just be doing it tomorrow anyway.  Also it is just a bit of fun.

Anyway, think Grant decides, not us, as he is running the thing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2022, 12:03:38 PM »

Steward's enquiry.

Bugger, I don't do drama.

Tikay didn't pay before the first race, he sent me £25 last night. He has offered to withdraw and suggested his £25 either goes in the prizepool, or a booby prize or charity etc.

I've decided to scrub his results from the comp and have sent £25 to the Retraining of Racehorses charity.

If anyone wants to change their picks today due to this, that's fine.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »

Thanks Grant, that's perfect.

Again, apologies that I caused a few problems, and I hope you can now get on with the Comp without any more drama. 

Good luck all.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2022, 12:17:36 PM »

Steward's enquiry.

Bugger, I don't do drama.

Tikay didn't pay before the first race, he sent me £25 last night. He has offered to withdraw and suggested his £25 either goes in the prizepool, or a booby prize or charity etc.

I've decided to scrub his results from the comp and have sent £25 to the Retraining of Racehorses charity.

If anyone wants to change their picks today due to this, that's fine.

Will just leave the selections as they are, no gamble, no future.  AKA.  Haven't got much time, and don't want to create more work.  Good luck all and run good me.

Thanks for sorting this out. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: