blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Brit winner WSOP
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brit winner WSOP  (Read 6191 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2022, 12:15:54 PM »

Can we claim Espen as ours?  He was Pads' partner in the tag team, so I have even railed him for a few minutes.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2022, 02:17:06 PM »

Can we claim Espen as ours?  He was Pads' partner in the tag team, so I have even railed him for a few minutes.

He just doubled Eames up.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »

they started day 6 at 2pm vegas time, its now 6.15am out there.

still 3 to go till final 9 , which was the original plan.

how long can they carry on?

playing for such huge amounts of money after 16 hours at the table cant be easy.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2022, 02:51:12 PM »

10 left Eames just had a monster double up.   Sitting safely in the pack.  Play stopped with 10 left after a 17 hour day 6.

Thursday, July 14, 2022 6:49 AM Local Time (about 8 minutes ago)
Play Has Ended With the Unofficial Final Table
After a near 17-hour day, tournament officials have made the decision to end play with ten players left at the unofficial final table.

They will return at 2 p.m. Friday to begin the final stretch of play from ten players down to four en route to crowning a new World Series of Poker Main Event champion.

End-of-Day 7 Chip Counts
Matthew Su   83,200,000   0
Espen Jorstad   83,200,000   0
Matija Dobric   68,650,000   -2,450,000
Aaron Duczak   56,000,000   3,700,000
John Eames   54,950,000   0
Adrian Attenborough   50,800,000   0
Michael Duek   49,775,000   -200,000
Jeffrey Farnes   35,350,000   4,750,000
Asher Conniff   29,400,000   5,000,000
Philippe Souki   13,500,000   0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:59:21 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 03:35:04 PM »

they started day 6 at 2pm vegas time, its now 6.15am out there.

still 3 to go till final 9 , which was the original plan.

how long can they carry on?

playing for such huge amounts of money after 16 hours at the table cant be easy.

I get that, but it one day and have a feeling it used to be 12 til 4am day 1.   

Also my typical Friday is get up at 7 work 8/9 hours then poker 7.30pm to 2am (though can be later).  Suspect a fair few recs with families do similar.  Also rocking up in Vegas to play a 3pm PLO8 is a bit more hardcore (this year I was pretty much up 24 hours in the sat for the 3.5k Wynn main. It just doesn't feel as excessive as Twitter thinks.  FWIW I did fold BB to a limp from SB late on! 

Later today it goes from 10 to 5 which should at least give them some respite.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 09:44:43 PM »

LETS GO SOUKI AND EAMES!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2022, 09:54:36 AM »

Eames finishes 4th for $3m. GG

Feed em rice.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2022, 10:30:59 AM »

Saw that, he had a good run.  Espen looks very good, but most of the play has been really decent this year.  Duek definitely the weakest player remaining.

Think this is one of the few final tables you wouldn't feel any urge to chop.  Once you have got half a million, your life is already changed?

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2022, 01:56:35 PM »

Saw that, he had a good run.  Espen looks very good, but most of the play has been really decent this year.  Duek definitely the weakest player remaining.

Think this is one of the few final tables you wouldn't feel any urge to chop.  Once you have got half a million, your life is already changed?

Even if you had retained 100% of your action, I’m not sure that half a million dollars is particularly life changing.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a significant amount of money, but even up here in the deprived North, half a million wouldn’t go that far. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124715798#/?channel=RES_BUY

Hell, there are folks out there that can blow that much on one party. There are probably people on Blonde that may have lost half a million on their BTC accounts this past few months.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2022, 02:35:12 PM »

Nice.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2022, 09:17:04 AM »

Pads is even his wingman in the winner's photo, think a solid result for the Brits.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2022, 09:31:00 AM »

Even if you had retained 100% of your action, I’m not sure that half a million dollars is particularly life changing.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a significant amount of money, but even up here in the deprived North, half a million wouldn’t go that far. https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124715798#/?channel=RES_BUY

Hell, there are folks out there that can blow that much on one party. There are probably people on Blonde that may have lost half a million on their BTC accounts this past few months.

Meh, think for most people half a million either way is enough to change their life.  Though I am well and truly South of Stockton I can buy a whole house for half that.  Think I am at the stage of life where I could probably go with £100k.  Also a fair few of these punting 10k are going to have a decent amount already?

Quite suprised that house costs that much in Stockton, but it is a pretty nice house, with a decent garden.  I don't think your average poker wizard needs that much space. 

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »

Meh, think for most people half a million either way is enough to change their life.  Though I am well and truly South of Stockton I can buy a whole house for half that.  Think I am at the stage of life where I could probably go with £100k.  Also a fair few of these punting 10k are going to have a decent amount already?

Quite suprised that house costs that much in Stockton, but it is a pretty nice house, with a decent garden.  I don't think your average poker wizard needs that much space. 

You’re probably right about this, as you almost inevitably are about most things.
Half a million would probably double my net worth (incl pension and house) and would increase my disposable income by a lot. So yeah, it would change my life. Not to the extent that $10,000,000 would though!

It’s an exceptional house for the area. As a contrast, this one is about a mile closer to the town centre…
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/124188977#/?channel=RES_BUY

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2022, 12:37:23 PM »

Great to see Espen winning this.

It’s amazing to think it was 6 years ago he was streaming 200/400nl cash games on twitch. Without a doubt Espen was  one of the best streamers.

It must have been quite a journey from his Unibet days.

Also a great guy.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2022, 07:26:29 PM »

Great to see Espen winning this.

It’s amazing to think it was 6 years ago he was streaming 200/400nl cash games on twitch. Without a doubt Espen was  one of the best streamers.

It must have been quite a journey from his Unibet days.

Also a great guy.

I can't help but wonder how big of a piece Pads had 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: