blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 05:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Player Database THE FUTURE !
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Player Database THE FUTURE !  (Read 3635 times)
BigArmo

Come on City!

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2005, 12:27:58 PM »

Hi All,

More for PStars players but theres a new website thepokerdb.com which u can put in a players name and will give a list of there results & winnings on PS.Its not 100% complete but if you reach a FT all info on your opponents is handy.
Also got a ranking system for Top 150 money winners (Tournys only).

Every little helps(copyright Tesco's)

Best Regards
BigArmo(BOT Vegas 2005)(copyright Tkay)
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:19:19 PM »

Handy info this thanks.

Your results are a lot more impressive than mine!  Grin

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »

nice work! - great DB
Maybe i should start to admit to being the only player who loses on-line!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:37:22 PM »

no, me too. managed to turn a small profit in a $0.10/$0.20 cash game today, will go and lose it in STTs tomorrow. Wink
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 05:49:05 PM »

my only decent result on stars, $100 freezeout victory, isnt in there!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 07:27:44 PM »

I am very competent at losing online.

No idea why, as i seem to make a decent profit (for small games) in live play.

Anyone have suggestions why this is?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 07:30:46 PM »

Because you need to apply different strategies to online play than you do with live events.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 07:32:12 PM »

such as?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 08:21:31 PM »

playing all-in maniacs.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 08:23:40 PM »

If i at a table with at least one ALL-IN maniac, then i tend to play it v.tight and wait for the big hand to call them.  This of course also applies to B&M play.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 08:36:24 PM »

If I hit, say, a set on the flop. I will bet small into a maniac because I know there is a chance he is going to overbet and go all-in. This doesn't happen to such an extent in live play. - but that's the sort of thing i mean.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 08:38:24 PM »

Personally, and I do speak from experience,

I think it took me a year to make the necessary adjustments to online play from live.

You then need to find youre best game(s) on your best site(s)

Not an easy job, but persevere and the games are there.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 08:42:04 PM »

Thanks

Don't play cash games online, as i'm REALLY bad at them (and no, i dont want a game!)

Make a small profit on STT, but no big shakes
Chris C

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 09:43:51 PM »

If you're playing STTs or 2/3 table tournaments, then Karabiner is spot on. Sign up with every poker site, play a few games and see what suits you best.

Think about stuff like the standard of players, the blind structure, how many hands/minutes per level, the number of chips compared to the blinds, number of players(5, 6, 10, 15, 20). All that stuff is important.

If you're not that good at heads up, you might be better off going for a site where the later level blinds are stupidly large compared to the number of chips on the table. It turns heads up into a total all-in crap shoot. If you bluff a fair bit , play on a site with a higher quality of player - they're more likely to respect your bet and fold rather than call with a (winning) weak hand because they don't really know what they are doing. If you're a complete rock, go for a site where the levels go up every x minutes rather than x hands. You'll almost certainly get more hands, which means more chance of getting cards you're willing to play with.

The difference between winning/losing really can be down to what games/sites you are playing. One common theory is that good players should make money in the long run against bad players. That's probably true in cash, but not necessarily so in STTs/SnGs. The standard of players at low buy-in STTs on Pacific is appalling. And yet I can't win money in those games. Yet there's certain games on Betfair, Prima, and Paradise that I can consistently make a profit from.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 02:56:27 AM »

Modesty aside, (easy for me)

During my first few months of online poker in early 2004 I couldnt seem to show a profit, I was doing ok in live games but I was a failure in cyberspace, so I decided to try to pinpoint what exactly the difference was.

First of all, I was only playing multis live, so I did the same online, no more cash, and no more stt's. Next I thought about which multis would suit my game best, I like a long clock, 15 min or better, (by the way in 15 min online you see about the same no of hands as you do in 45 min live) plenty of starting chips, in most multis you get 1500 but you can get 2000 or even 3000, and I like freeze outs or a buy in big enough to make players think a little before calling my raise (this last only in the later stages and only because of the potential prize money, not the cost of a rebuy)

My results started to improve but I still wasnt doing as well as I thought I should be and I started to wonder if I would have to play differently online, so I spent a few nights watching instead of playing and the thing I noticed most was online players will call, in live play if you have a monster hand you tend to try to disguise it, and by playing it cagey you often dont get full value from it, online, especially in the early stages, players tend to call with top pair even if you bet 1500 all in to a pot of 75, but by the same token you cant push someone off a pot early on. Toward the latter end of the comp I find it best to play as if I were in a live game again.

So I started the second half of 2004 by playing only the games described, I didnt try anything fancy early on unless I knew the player was good enough to put a hand down (I keep extensive player notes) and if I had a monster I just moved in

Unbelievably, by the end of the year I was making more money playing online poker than I was from my small business, by no means a fortune, (my business was a small, one man jobbie) but very exciting, I had never earned a penny before without hard graft being involved, but I just couldnt do both, I was playing poker until 3am and then trying to get up and go to work every day, so at the beginning of 2005 I decided to mothball my little business and give poker a proper go, It wasnt an easy step to take, I've worked hard all my life and it seemed like I was shirking my responsibilities. But, I reasoned, if I dont try it I will always be thinking, "what if?"

Perhaps the poker gods smiled upon me, because in the first three months of this year I won enough to allow me to continue until 2006 and I have been making a steady living since, Its not always easy, there are dry spells, and I have periods when the outdraws make me want to cry with frustration, you have to be dedicated and disciplined, but I'm loving it, I have to pinch myself every morning, I look out of the window when its raining and think how nice it is not to be out there working in it, and I have made some of the best friends a man could wish for within the poker community, ordinary working class blokes like myself, world class poker players, and the odd lawyer or TV star Wink

I have no Idea if or when the bubble will burst, but our needs are modest, and whatever happens, my life has been immensely enriched, I will have no regrets.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:02:46 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: