blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:14:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  DETAILS OF THE NEXT BLONDE BASH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DETAILS OF THE NEXT BLONDE BASH  (Read 22520 times)
elblondie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »

Just a few more thoughts and clarifications...
The Sunday afternoon comp at Hamilton Accies is an open competition. It will be advertised as so in their match day program. The dress code for this event is 'football shirts or rugby shirts' if possible. This competition will be fast and rowdy with a portion of the pool going to scottish youth football (perhaps 25%). The idea is to have a fun event and possibly televise it, and possibly sell it to TV stations. The capacity is 300 but there may be 120 blondites and the groundsman, I don't really know.

Saturdays main comp. If numbers get too big (say we reach 140 or 160), we are considering a suggestion that we have split field start times. Half the field play 3 till 6 the other half play 6:30 til 9:30 the remaining players re-start together at 10. Thomas the Tank is looking into the feasibility of this.

The club is half a mile from the train station and all the hotels are within a mile. The travelodge next to Harry Ramsden's and  Jury's may be the closest.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 06:29:48 PM by elblondie » Logged

i'll walk a million miles for one of your goals
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2006, 06:23:10 PM »

Ok,

I've got the Friday and Monday off work and I'm coming up.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the flesh.  I'll sort out transport and hotels shortly.  Is the club / recommended hotels far from the Main train station?

See you all soon.

Stu
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »

yup i'm coming, got my accomodation sorted (great having friends who just happen to be moving to glasgow the week before), just got to sort out travel now. Guessing coach is cheaper from Brum than the train? although i could just rope in another member of the "collective" who drives lol

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2006, 07:00:22 PM »

yup i'm coming, got my accomodation sorted (great having friends who just happen to be moving to glasgow the week before), just got to sort out travel now. Guessing coach is cheaper from Brum than the train? although i could just rope in another member of the "collective" who drives lol

We found flying to be the cheapest option for BB 1

Myself, Rod & Dave got return flights for 40gbp each with Flybe from GLA to Birmingham
BlueWolf
Humble Overlord & Master Of All

Kill Me Now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2006, 07:05:39 PM »

didnt think you could fly brum-glasgow, anyway it scares the bejesus outta me i'd rather drag smiler on a coach for 6+ hours lol

Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2006, 07:45:13 PM »

Looking to book some accomidation for the weekend and was wondering where the majority were staying as i dont want to be miles away from all the late night/early morning side action.

Would it be best to wait until tightend has sorted out ant deal or would it be best to book ASAP to avoid dissapointment?

Many thanks

Jim.
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2006, 08:12:36 PM »

Looking to book some accomidation for the weekend and was wondering where the majority were staying as i dont want to be miles away from all the late night/early morning side action.

Would it be best to wait until tightend has sorted out ant deal or would it be best to book ASAP to avoid dissapointment?

Many thanks

Jim.
Wondering the same myself.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2006, 08:53:10 PM »

Dito!
Tractor plus one wil lbe in attedance and flying from Bham...

Cheers

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2006, 10:05:44 PM »

Dito!
Tractor plus one wil lbe in attedance and flying from Bham...

Cheers

Tractor you need to go and post this in the Acceptance for the Blonde Bash II thread in the Live poker section.

sponsored by Fyffes
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2006, 12:42:17 PM »

Guys the Leaugue cup final is definately that weekend and its a must to book accomodation now or you'll be screwed.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2006, 01:00:12 PM »

Guys the Leaugue cup final is definately that weekend and its a must to book accomodation now or you'll be screwed.

I don't think it'll be quite that bad (Celtic will have less of a crowd than a normal home game & few Dunfermline fans will be staying in Glasgow).

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2006, 02:43:47 PM »

Coupled with the fact that its Also St Paddy's Rod I think it may well be busier than a normal home game at CP, remember many folk would normally just travel home after a game at Parkhead.

This will be a weekend of celebration for those who support Celtic and also those who are from Irish parentage or indeed those who just use any excuse for a piss up.  All this coupled with some great poker I think It'll be heaven. Cool Cheesy

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »

I'm trying to find the cheapest room available. I've found the travelodge but wondering if it is close by to cincinatti's? and easy to get to from the airport, I don't want to be forking out loads for taxi's.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2006, 04:11:06 PM »

I'm trying to find the cheapest room available. I've found the travelodge but wondering if it is close by to cincinatti's? and easy to get to from the airport, I don't want to be forking out loads for taxi's.

Poppet your best bet is the Eurohostel on Jamaica Street - it's 200 yards from Cincins, 100 yards from Central Station & you can get a bus from the airport into the City Centre for £3 odds.

I've had a few friends stay there (some will probably be there the same weekend) - and they say it's clean & comfortable, but basic.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

I've heard the tank has a spare room.....

scared

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: