blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  TONIGHT at 8.30pm - Is this the Best Online Line-Up EVER?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONIGHT at 8.30pm - Is this the Best Online Line-Up EVER?  (Read 15651 times)
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 20, 2006, 11:42:34 PM »

in a normal online comp i would expect that to happen Laz ... However, this was 3 players that knew each other and not total strangers, ...a chance missed to show poker players in a good light has been missed IMHO.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 20, 2006, 11:47:08 PM »

Having met Rob Yong a few times im pretty sure he would have waited for another player to reconnect.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 20, 2006, 11:53:24 PM »

Having met Rob Yong a few times im pretty sure he would have waited for another player to reconnect.

No Doubt

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »

Thanks guys. Sporting Odds donated £500 to my charity for my last home game so i'm not sore at them. Ben Walton said that their server went down and disconnected me (I could still log into Crytpo and Stars so it was not a problem my end, and we tried to get back on on 2 different Pc's with no success). These things happen.

In terms of the other 2 players, maybe they did not know that "yongsta" screen name was me so it wasn't personal. However, I don't really know Robert Cooper, but knew the writing was on the wall when he immediately raised in the SB to take my uncontested BB as soon as I disconected. I have nicked so many of Paul Parker's blinds in the past that I could sit out for the next twenty years and I'd still owe him a few blinds so no problem there either. Personally, I would have sat out but that doesn't mean what they did was wrong, just maybe a little bit opportunistic, which I guess is part of the game.

Although I had 50% of chips in play, I was 2 hands away from being busted, and it was a freeroll, so thanks to Tkay for inviting me and maybe I'll get better luck next time.

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 12:07:47 AM by robyong » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 21, 2006, 12:27:04 AM »

OK, let's try & clear this up.

The Disconnect was at the Site's end, not Rob's. I have chatted with Ben Walton at Sporting Odds, he's pulling his hair out - tonight of all nights for it to happen - but as blonde knows only too well, software glitches are par for the course, & they ALWAYS haoppen at the worst moments.

I chatted with Rob too (been some busy night in the tikay home, I can tell you), & he's clearly very disappointed, but he knows the score. It was a Freeroll Invitational, & he & Ben have good relatiions prior to this, & still do, as SO.com donated a heathy sum to Rob's Charity recently. SO.com will certainly bear Rob in mind in the future, & cometh the moment they will try & make it up to him somehow. I regret it too, but it's just one of those things, & when all is said & done, it's only poker & money, nobody's been hurt. And we have no idea if Rob woulda won or not, but he was clearly favourite to do so. Sometimes things turn out for the best by the weirdest routes.

Sit Out or Play when the Chip Leader has been disconnected? In the heat of the moment passions get aroused, & we all have strong feelings one way or another.

Truth is, if €12,000 was at stake, many would play on. I'm not sure what I'd do - I like to think I'd Sit-Out, I generally do when it happens in H-U or SNG's, but I've never been in that position when €12,000 was on the line. Or offline, as the case may be. And what if one of the two remaining players sat out, & the other did not? It ain't as easy a call as some might think.

Another day, another bit of fun. Life is never dull, eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 21, 2006, 12:29:40 AM »

Very generous of you Rob, still thought it was dissapointing though good luck.

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 21, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »

Flushy asks if Rookie has a deal with USA Poker. No, he does not. He has one-off deals with all sorts of peeps, as many do, but he was contractually available, keen & willing to play Monte Carlo in Sporting Odds apparel, had he won tonight. €12,000 is a lot of money to anyone, even the Rookie, & he was well up for it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 21, 2006, 12:37:08 AM »

Flushy asks if Rookie has a deal with USA Poker. No, he does not. He has one-off deals with all sorts of peeps, as many do, but he was contractually available, keen & willing to play Monte Carlo in Sporting Odds apparel, had he won tonight. €12,000 is a lot of money to anyone, even the Rookie, & he was well up for it.

Cheers for the explanation, someone should give him a damn deal, he is so funny!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AndSoItGoes

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2006, 12:46:51 AM »

Im sorry the way it panned out Rob,as you had a favorites chance. I initially thought you were coming back at any moment.The game soon takes its own dynamics, it doesnt take long.Robert played well and then had the good fortune of not having to beat you (poker is all about good and bad breaks).It would be a shame if he felt he couldnt enjoy his victory because he played well. Sincerest commiserations and best of luck in the future.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 21, 2006, 01:04:50 AM »

Im sorry the way it panned out Rob,as you had a favorites chance. I initially thought you were coming back at any moment.The game soon takes its own dynamics, it doesnt take long.Robert played well and then had the good fortune of not having to beat you (poker is all about good and bad breaks).It would be a shame if he felt he couldnt enjoy his victory because he played well. Sincerest commiserations and best of luck in the future.

Well said Paul.

Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »

Tony,

Poker players will be poker players. I can imagine the final table of that comp. people will have worked hard to get there, and they will do whatever it takes to get to their goal.

It wasn't fair, but hate to say it, but life isn't fair.

One more notch on the Karma-o-meter for Rob, and no harm done.

Don't feel bad, it wasn't a farce, it was a good match, and the disconn. could have happened to anyone.

I can't say how I would have acted being in the same position - I don't think anyone could.

But at the basest point, you don't control the actions of anyone - they are ultimately responsible.

You brought a great field together - you can't control how they run.

Don't feel bad.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2006, 01:19:13 AM »

It is bad luck for Rob, you get all kinds of breaks and it is a shame he had a bad one tonight. Watch him play in Monte Carlo now and win the comp Cheesy

I do not have a "contract" w/ any site at this time, have not found the right deal yet. I wore the USA poker shirt in the 888.com for Mr Cool.

Well played by all, thanks Tikay for the invite, will see everyone in Monte Carlo Cool

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2006, 01:23:34 AM »

First off all.... Damn Rob - Feel sorry for disconnection. But it happens now and then at Sporting unfortuanly....

and congrats to winner WPT - Well played

It was true an experience to play you guys. Tough opponents i sure must say....
I won one off the qualifier heats and have played poker for about 8 months now.
I struggled and kept getting crappy cards and sure not the luck... (Str8 flush against my nut flush) 
Agressive play at start - Damn....

Thanks for an experience and lessons to learn

I'm working my way up...  Wink

Who was playing under the account 'WPT'?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 21, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »

Robert Cooper.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2006, 03:34:30 AM »

Cheers for the explanation, someone should give him a damn deal, he is so funny!

I hear the comedy club are looking for new talent.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: