blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:21:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  TONIGHT at 8.30pm - Is this the Best Online Line-Up EVER?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: TONIGHT at 8.30pm - Is this the Best Online Line-Up EVER?  (Read 15659 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 04:37:07 PM »

Can't wait!

i go for...

1. Me
2. Foxy
3. Keith 'the hump' Hawkins

in that order.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 04:59:18 PM »

1.boccaccio
2.LoftusRd
3.FREEDOM47

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 05:08:22 PM »

"welcome to the cliquey world of poker" & "you kept that quiet"......

As ever, I will tell you exactly how all this came about, seeing as the jibes have begun.

"you kept it quiet".

I have made it clear on several occasions that Sporting Odds.com pay me a retainer to do various stuff for them, but also that I am uncomfortable with spamming on blonde for Sporting Odds.com - I need to be whiter than white here, as blonde has an anti-spam policy. So I get involved with them & for them on ALL sorts of things. Pro-Ams, TV Programmes (two x Peoples Poker Challenges), Networking with their Clients, Monthly Articles, Pro-Tips (yes, chuckle if you wish.....), advice to Newbies, (ditto....)  the monthly tikay tourney, some other stuff that is in the pipeline, emptying the rubbish bins, fetching the sarnies. Largely speaking, I try & keep Sporting Odds.com & blonde seperate, I do not use blonde as a tool to promote SO.com, but if something interesting happens, I tell you. An example would be the monthly tikay tourney, in which many blondes have a bit of fun.

I have no idea how & when the Internet Qualifiers got their seats, in fact I am not even sure they had to qualify, truth is, I just don't know, &, in truth, it's not really of great interest to me, as it's none of my business how they did it. They may have just selected 6 of their most loyal players, or larger punters, I really have no idea.

They did do a deal with Cincins to provide a seat to the winner of the Cincins League in January, and this was widely publicised on blonde, though not by me.

"welcome to the cliquey world of poker".

They also asked me to find "a dozen or so" decent players of varied background, ability & achievement, such that a tidy line-up would ensue. I believe I have delivered on that request. I could have invited any number of permutations of players, but not everybody was eligible - all invitees has to be un-sponsored, as the winner has to wear the SO.com shirt in Monte Carlo. Some, for example, El Blondie (Littlewoods) Thewy (William Hill) & many other "names" were not eligible. Others, such as, selecting one at random, WPT Winner John Gale, were not available. I could have come up with literally hundreds of permutations of players, but I had a brief from, SO.com, & I think I've delivered. No two people on earth would have come up with the same list, & nobody can say I am wrong or they are wronmg. It's just the way it panned out, it's a subjective thing - if you want to substitute "subjective" with "cliquey", feel free. I was asked to do a job, & I did it to the best of my ability. And I'm well proud of the field I assembled. "a decent field of varied background, ability & achievements".

My seat? I never asked for it, & never thought for a minute I would be given one, & I never put my name forward, but they invited me, & I accepted, & I'm well grateful to them.

Heaven only knows how much hoohah would go off if I went & won the seat for Monte Carlo, but I guess they reasoned they were on  pretty safe ground there.....

There you go, that's what it says on the tin.

Now, I gotta go. The eldest Cat is doing his furball trick - throwing up on my new rug. I need her to get well sharpish - she's playing for me tonight.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
AceofWands

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »

Giovanni Boccaccio:  14th century Italian writer and poet.  His works had plenty of sex in them and his best known work The Decameron was made into a soft-core skin flick in the 1970s.

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

Greg Junior Hill, Rob The Yongsta Yong, Tony Tikay Kendall

To make the last 3
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »

"welcome to the cliquey world of poker" & "you kept that quiet"......

As ever, I will tell you exactly how all this came about, seeing as the jibes have begun.

"you kept it quiet".

I have made it clear on several occasions that Sporting Odds.com pay me a retainer to do various stuff for them, but also that I am uncomfortable with spamming on blonde for Sporting Odds.com - I need to be whiter than white here, as blonde has an anti-spam policy. So I get involved with them & for them on ALL sorts of things. Pro-Ams, TV Programmes (two x Peoples Poker Challenges), Networking with their Clients, Monthly Articles, Pro-Tips (yes, chuckle if you wish.....), advice to Newbies, (ditto....)  the monthly tikay tourney, some other stuff that is in the pipeline, emptying the rubbish bins, fetching the sarnies. Largely speaking, I try & keep Sporting Odds.com & blonde seperate, I do not use blonde as a tool to promote SO.com, but if something interesting happens, I tell you. An example would be the monthly tikay tourney, in which many blondes have a bit of fun.

I have no idea how & when the Internet Qualifiers got their seats, in fact I am not even sure they had to qualify, truth is, I just don't know, &, in truth, it's not really of great interest to me, as it's none of my business how they did it. They may have just selected 6 of their most loyal players, or larger punters, I really have no idea.

They did do a deal with Cincins to provide a seat to the winner of the Cincins League in January, and this was widely publicised on blonde, though not by me.

"welcome to the cliquey world of poker".

They also asked me to find "a dozen or so" decent players of varied background, ability & achievement, such that a tidy line-up would ensue. I believe I have delivered on that request. I could have invited any number of permutations of players, but not everybody was eligible - all invitees has to be un-sponsored, as the winner has to wear the SO.com shirt in Monte Carlo. Some, for example, El Blondie (Littlewoods) Thewy (William Hill) & many other "names" were not eligible. Others, such as, selecting one at random, WPT Winner John Gale, were not available. I could have come up with literally hundreds of permutations of players, but I had a brief from, SO.com, & I think I've delivered. No two people on earth would have come up with the same list, & nobody can say I am wrong or they are wronmg. It's just the way it panned out, it's a subjective thing - if you want to substitute "subjective" with "cliquey", feel free. I was asked to do a job, & I did it to the best of my ability. And I'm well proud of the field I assembled. "a decent field of varied background, ability & achievements".

My seat? I never asked for it, & never thought for a minute I would be given one, & I never put my name forward, but they invited me, & I accepted, & I'm well grateful to them.

Heaven only knows how much hoohah would go off if I went & won the seat for Monte Carlo, but I guess they reasoned they were on  pretty safe ground there.....

There you go, that's what it says on the tin.

Now, I gotta go. The eldest Cat is doing his furball trick - throwing up on my new rug. I need her to get well sharpish - she's playing for me tonight.

The only people who bring up Tikay's Tournament on SO are Blondes promoting a great tournament structure with a cheap buy-in. And a good bit of banter. Cool

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »

Giovanni Boccaccio:  14th century Italian writer and poet.  His works had plenty of sex in them and his best known work The Decameron was made into a soft-core skin flick in the 1970s.

Lucy told me that boccaccio was "a medieval rake". Sounds about right.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »

For what it's worth... probably very little... I think it's a cracking field Tikay.  Good job.

ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2006, 05:18:46 PM »

Just to point out when i said "you kept that quiet" it wasn't a "jibe" at all, just an observation.
No offense intended, i guess you just think that smiley really is me...........

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2006, 05:19:45 PM »

Greg Junior Hill, Rob The Yongsta Yong, Tony Tikay Kendall

To make the last 3

Did you not see Rob on the William Hill Grand Prix?  Wink

Good luck Tikay.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2006, 05:24:58 PM »

I must tell you a quick Lucy story.

I rung her about summat this morning, she did not recognize me, no surprise there.

I said "is thare anyone in authority there?"

"I beg your pardon" she says incredously.

"Is the man of the house about?" I went on.

"And who, may I ask, are YOU?" she spat.

Eventually she clicked, & I said "that's 1-0 to me Lucy".

"But it will be one all if you are on my table tonight you fish" she responded kindly.

So, if you have you to nominate your 1-2-3, bear that in  mind. It's gonna get personal between me & the Animal. I think she's gonna have to avoid me until we are heads-up. Then she can't hide.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2006, 05:26:23 PM »

Just to point out when i said "you kept that quiet" it wasn't a "jibe" at all, just an observation.
No offense intended, i guess you just think that smiley really is me...........

No prob ifm, I was happy for the opportunity to put the record straight.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

I must tell you a quick Lucy story.

I rung her about summat this morning, she did not recognize me, no surprise there.

I said "is thare anyone in authority there?"

"I beg your pardon" she says incredously.

"Is the man of the house about?" I went on.

"And who, may I ask, are YOU?" she spat.

Eventually she clicked, & I said "that's 1-0 to me Lucy".

"But it will be one all if you are on my table tonight you fish" she responded kindly.

So, if you have you to nominate your 1-2-3, bear that in  mind. It's gonna get personal between me & the Animal. I think she's gonna have to avoid me until we are heads-up. Then she can't hide.

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2006, 05:28:43 PM »

Tempted to change my mind and put you in the top three now, better not, in case you take over the keyboard.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2006, 05:29:53 PM »

1/ John Shipley
2/ The Camel
3/ Greg Junior Hill

If i get this correct and win the $200 ill officially put it behind the bar at the BBII, only buy about 1/8th of a pint each but hey, i aint made o' Money!

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: