blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:07:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Muppet call in cash game
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Muppet call in cash game  (Read 2220 times)
BigTomatoes

play your part

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:37:30 AM »

what do you think of this hand. honest opinions ( be as cruel as you like ).

let me say I knew this guy was a bad player because he was raising with   Two Diamonds and stuff like that.

so i picked up   on the button . short handed i think this is worth a raise ( possibly a steal, if not i dont mind playing in position. )

here is the hand history.

** Game ID 444923989 starting - 2006-03-07 11:20:21

** Rivolta [Hold 'em] (0.15|0.30 No Limit - Cash Game) Real Money

- Sharks1 sitting in seat 1 with $46.05 [Dealer]

- Alexmay sitting in seat 2 with $32.85

- markovnikov sitting in seat 3 with $56.75

- pastadood98 sitting in seat 4 with $28.50

- BigTomatoes sitting in seat 6 with $52.08

Alexmay posted the small blind - $0.15

markovnikov posted the big blind - $0.30

** Dealing card to BigTomatoes: ,  

pastadood98 folded

BigTomatoes raised - $1.20

Sharks1 folded

Alexmay folded

markovnikov called - $1.20

** Dealing the flop:  ,  ,

markovnikov checked

BigTomatoes bet - $2.40

markovnikov called - $2.40

** Dealing the turn:  

markovnikov checked

BigTomatoes bet - $4.80

markovnikov called - $4.80

** Dealing the river:  

markovnikov checked

BigTomatoes bet - $14.40

markovnikov called - $14.40

BigTomatoes shows:  ,  

markovnikov shows:  ,  

markovnikov wins $43.75 from the main pot

End of game 444923989

now Im no expert but all the way through this hand I knew he was weak. check calling all the way, so I thought I could push him off the hand.

just before he called on the river he typed into the chat box '' AK? '' then called another $14 with   floped a pair of .

I think I played this hand Ok because I knew what he was like .

But In your honest opinions. What the hell was he thinking about calling ?

and do you think I played badly?

is it cold in his shadow ?
chrisbruce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:40:27 AM »

The hand is irrelevant you have to know your players! It is far harder to bluff a bad player out of a pot. You cant bluff a bad player untill you have taught him not to call!
Pombo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »

Seems like he had a read on you also.

Once he's called the flop and you haven't improved on the turn then that's the hand over for me. Check the turn and fold to a bet. I don't think this is a weak play....you tried the steal, made the continuation bet and got called. He could easily have a weak 10 or some other PP, he might even be calling you down with AK....and if he does read you for two big cards then he's letting you do the betting.

I'm not saying he's right to call you down here necessarily but it does mean if you have an overpair in this situation next time then he'll pay you for it.

It also look like you're in the CO....I don't think it's worth a raise from there.

I’m an agnostic dyslexic insomniac. I lie awake all night wondering if there really is a dog
Gilbern74

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:51:05 PM »

That's a big raise to make on the river when you didn't have anything.
I think if you're going to make a raise like that with all cards on the board you've got to have something to beat him with other than High card  .
If you thought he was a bad player then the best way to teach him is to wait and clean him out with a half-decent hand.

You did fine up to the river, but that bet was way OTT for your hand. Looks like you were fed up with him Calling and got a bit of red mist about it.

Yes, he was daft to call that amount with what he had and shows how bad he is and how he was prepared to give money away - a prime candidate to clean out with a good hand.

Old enough to know better. Young enough not to care.
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »

Nothing wrong with check-calling if he puts you on two high cards.  It may be that your bets are suspiciously large.  Do you normally bet the full pot on the river if you're betting for value?  I know from playing a lot of cash that a bigger than normal bet is often a bluff.  ie if a player normally bets 1/2-2/3 of the pot as a river value bet then suddenly bet the full pot after you've been check calling then its a bit suspicious.

Anyway, you've raised with K9 off in early position. I don't even consider playing this hand, even short handed.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 01:51:39 PM »

Yes, he was daft to call that amount with what he had and shows how bad he is and how he was prepared to give money away - a prime candidate to clean out with a good hand.

I often find it's daft to put my money in the pot with the best hand!

It's a shorthanded game and he's made a pair against a raise on a pretty raggedy board - he could well be in front.

If he raises he stands to lose money if you're in front and not win any if you have nothing.

As WellChief says maybe he picked up something from the betting that was abnormal. It's also possible that he's a fish and won't laydown a hand, but you thought that and still carried on betting into him...

Just because he is raising with rags doesn't mean he is a bad player - maybe the rest of the table were playing really tight and he could pick up a lot of antes, maybe he was planning on outplaying them postflop, could be a little bit of both.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 04:13:49 PM »

I think the turn bluff is fine (if a little marginal against this guy) After that's called, it's pot over for me unless I improve.

Not many things he could be drawing to, I put him on aai pr and save my money come the river.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2006, 04:59:10 PM »

I think the turn bluff is fine (if a little marginal against this guy) After that's called, it's pot over for me unless I improve.

Not many things he could be drawing to, I put him on aai pr and save my money come the river.

I agree, about the only thing he could be drawing to is a straight and most of those have been filled too.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: