blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  £1500 European Poker Classic at the Vic - LIVE UPDATE - FINAL DAY
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: £1500 European Poker Classic at the Vic - LIVE UPDATE - FINAL DAY  (Read 76421 times)
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 26, 2006, 07:31:30 PM »

Go on Marky...only thing we hear from him is taking down big pots, that'll do nicely.

Paul you want me to hold your jacket?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: March 26, 2006, 07:32:05 PM »

Go on Marky...only thing we hear from him is taking down big pots, that'll do nicely.

I'll hold it?

How much is it worth?
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 26, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Markyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2006, 07:36:57 PM »

The criticism was why not raise the flop to avoid any potential heartache? (at that stage he didn't know the K was coming!)

Maybe he wanted to take a turn before commiting, see if it slows down the maniac and also see if no spade comes, if he raises the flop and gets set in, does he call?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
actionjack

i love puppies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »

I'll hold it?

How much is it worth?

seems every one is entitled to their opinion on the play other than me or at least if i give my opinion i get rewarded by a snide comment if it doesnt agree with that of certain individuals

"you have to be in it to win it" good players mean the tournament bad ones mean the pot.
T8MML

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 26, 2006, 07:37:26 PM »

That would make a change from me having to hold yours lol

if the snow is yellow - don't eat it!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: March 26, 2006, 07:38:15 PM »

When the King falls on the turn, Nik should have realised that card was his Rubicon. If he calls Jan's turn bet, then there is no getting away from the hand.

No one is disputing this unless he was scared of the unlikely flush draw bet. The criticism was why not raise the flop to avoid any potential heartache? (at that stage he didn't know the K was coming!)

Maybe he called, hoping for a non-spade on the turn? Thought that he only had a pair of sixes?

I think the whole of the hand is indicative of the fact that Nik wasn't thinking clearly - he had no plan for the player or the hand. Therefore dissecting his play is a bit pointless as you're not going to be able to tell him anything he didn't work out for himself the moment he saw Jan's hand.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 26, 2006, 07:38:37 PM »

I'll hold it?

How much is it worth?

seems every one is entitled to their opinion on the play other than me or at least if i give my opinion i get rewarded by a snide comment if it doesnt agree with that of certain individuals

« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 07:41:36 PM by Nemesis » Logged
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 26, 2006, 07:39:39 PM »

I think its a standard trap call him down once the turn is the King. No need to raise at any point against a lunatic. Just sit back and let him donk them all off.

I agree

The fold is not the problem I would have thought as he is clueless as to where he was in the hand. The problem was that he never asked the question to find out. A decent position raise on the flop would have in order and he could have taken it down there.

How can he 'find out' when any raise commits him to the pot, as Dubai says here:

Cant see any reason to raise against a lunatic. Particularly given the turn card.

No point to raise against someone who will fire 3 bullets with T hi.....

Well in that case why bother calling with the 6 on the flop or the king on the turn, if he was not going to shove his money in against a maniac with 2 pair whats he going to shove it in with.  If he was worried about the flush, a raise may give you info from some facial tell, or a hand stalling ove the chips, its not all betting patterns.

Had it been me against this nutter, I would have chucked them in.

Of course i call on the end. My question is how can he raise on the turn without going all in, what use is a tell if you are all in?!!??!?!?!

Flushy, I'm of the opinion here that hes committed regardless of what he does, I would probably bet out 50K of my remaining 100K  trying to induce the push from the opponent, all the while watching for any tells that I may have picked up through the tourney.

Its a shame the bloke made a mistake and it looks like he tilted afterwards.  I hope he learns from it and does not beat himself up about it.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 26, 2006, 07:40:21 PM »

I just spoke to Nik and he thought the guy had the flush. He's said he's made one mistake and it has cost him, thats Poker.

actionjack

i love puppies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: March 26, 2006, 07:41:03 PM »

I'll hold it?

How much is it worth?

ahhh here they come.

"you have to be in it to win it" good players mean the tournament bad ones mean the pot.
Micky147

They're Everywhere

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 26, 2006, 07:42:01 PM »

Jaffa.............

don't you mean his jumper?
crawfski1
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 26, 2006, 07:43:14 PM »

was just gona say if his jackets anything like his jumper, i wouldny be holdin it!
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 26, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »

I think its a standard trap call him down once the turn is the King. No need to raise at any point against a lunatic. Just sit back and let him donk them all off.

I agree

The fold is not the problem I would have thought as he is clueless as to where he was in the hand. The problem was that he never asked the question to find out. A decent position raise on the flop would have in order and he could have taken it down there.

How can he 'find out' when any raise commits him to the pot, as Dubai says here:

Cant see any reason to raise against a lunatic. Particularly given the turn card.

No point to raise against someone who will fire 3 bullets with T hi.....

Well in that case why bother calling with the 6 on the flop or the king on the turn, if he was not going to shove his money in against a maniac with 2 pair whats he going to shove it in with.  If he was worried about the flush, a raise may give you info from some facial tell, or a hand stalling ove the chips, its not all betting patterns.

Had it been me against this nutter, I would have chucked them in.

Of course i call on the end. My question is how can he raise on the turn without going all in, what use is a tell if you are all in?!!??!?!?!

Flushy, I'm of the opinion here that hes committed regardless of what he does, I would probably bet out 50K of my remaining 100K  trying to induce the push from the opponent, all the while watching for any tells that I may have picked up through the tourney.

Its a shame the bloke made a mistake and it looks like he tilted afterwards.  I hope he learns from it and does not beat himself up about it.
i think you hit the nail on the head ,nik made a mistake,we all make mistakes apart from paul jackson lol only joking m8 .he will learn but this will def hurt

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
crip17

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 26, 2006, 07:46:06 PM »

Hi Craw   welcome to blonde m8  

Good luck to MARKY H

perfect practice makes practice perfect
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: