blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:43:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Hand help on FT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hand help on FT  (Read 1505 times)
TEXAS_JAY

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:43:23 PM »

Last night was in a $5 MTT and I was 2nd chip leader out of 3 that was left in although there was only about 30K between 1st and 3rd (I cant get into hand history so goin with memory).
Im om small blind with    and chip leader is 1st to act and raise to 12K (all previous steals he'd only raise minimum) Bilinds were 1K/2K. I put him on a big Ace....AK/AQ or AJ. Knowing this hand could cost me my 1st place or help me win it, whats the best move?? Just call and hope for a low flop and take the 15K in the pot or push all in and hope to double up??

I pushed allin knowing I was ahead, he called and showed ...flop came    , turn  , River  Two Clubs,
Picked up $170 but 1st place was something near $500
Did I play it right and was just unlucky or should I have just called ??

I honestly reckon its best to confuse your opposition, but to be honest, I really don't think that. Goodluck!      ;-]     TJ
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 02:18:22 PM »

I woulda folded. The chip leader is taking the 3rd place bloke's money giving you more of a chip advantage over him.

Also, i'm not really a fan of 10's in a raised pot.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:02:04 PM by SupaMonkey » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »

Depends how many chips you had to start with.

Folding is never an option for me here.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »

you could have folded.. if u had a crystal ball showing a rush of pemium hands coming up.

otherwise the raise looks to me like either a big ace or a smaller pair than your tens, therefore u are either 55% or 80% favourite respectively.. i would push in this spot and take my chances
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »

Wait a sec!!! You 're in the last 3 of a multi table tourney witha $500 first prize (so thats about 400-500 runners). You've spent about 3-4 hours getting here and now you want to take a 45% chance of busting out. In a cash game i would happily shove my stack in if i thought i was ahead but surely this can not be sound tournament strategy. Who cares what cards are coming up, you do not need great cards here, start raising unopened pots with any ace or king and suited connectors if everyone is folding to your raises (particularly against the short stack). The big stack has position on the short stack making his game very hard and yours much easier. The only time i am putting my stack into a raised pot with 10's is when i am the short stack and i need to gamble.
TEXAS_JAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 03:44:10 PM »

Depends how many chips you had to start with.

Folding is never an option for me here.

I cant get in my hand hisstory but I think chip leader had (roughly) 120,000 I had 105,000 and 3rd place had about 95,000  (I think)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 03:45:42 PM by TEXAS_JAY » Logged

I honestly reckon its best to confuse your opposition, but to be honest, I really don't think that. Goodluck!      ;-]     TJ
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 04:48:54 PM »

I don't think you need to push here, you are deep enough. Three handed are a very big hand and it's folly to pass them to a button raise from the chippie when you will be killing his likely range unless he's very tight.

Given the stack depths i call and play the flop. On a low flop or a flop with one overcard that's not an ace, I would most likely check raise if he is the type of player to make a continuation bet, or simply bet out on a low flop if you think he is likely to check behind.

Pushing isn't the worst play in the world but seems a bit OTT with 50 BBs.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:17 PM »

I don't think you need to push here, you are deep enough. Three handed are a very big hand and it's folly to pass them to a button raise from the chippie when you will be killing his likely range unless he's very tight.

Given the stack depths i call and play the flop. On a low flop or a flop with one overcard that's not an ace, I would most likely check raise if he is the type of player to make a continuation bet, or simply bet out on a low flop if you think he is likely to check behind.

Pushing isn't the worst play in the world but seems a bit OTT with 50 BBs.

agreed

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 02:07:19 AM »

105000 ?

Call, hit the 10 and get paid. Overcards come on the flop and you can get away relatively cheap. Leaving you with still 90K and at those blinds, its plenty!

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 03:15:22 AM »

Folding is 100% out of the question.  I would normally reraise around 20K more preflop in this situation (with these stacks), or call and take a flop and progress from there. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: