blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:38:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Should I have called at final table?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I have called at final table?  (Read 2757 times)
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 05:27:41 PM »

On reflection I was confident that one player had a pair and I was right, but on reflection the other player could to be honest have had anything. Especially as he was big blind and checked. For example he could have had 8 - 6 and be in the lead with two pair. Looking back on it the guy that won the hand had actually made quite a gamble by calling as he was only 40-60 against the pair.
I think i got too excited about the potential chip win and didn't take enough time to think through my decision. I went the 55% favourite to win, but should have also thought that 45% of the time I will lose.
I knew straight away that limping in was my downfall and just wish someone at the table had made a pre flop raise and I would have gone all in.
Having said all that if it had worked and I had won the hand, I would have been thinking what a superb move and in a great position to have a go at winning it. Instead the poker god gave me a good slap. Cheesy
Thanks for everyones feedback and although views vary, I have found this a really useful learning experience.
Cheers.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 07:56:53 PM »

You need to call here really given what you have said about the players.  When a player goes all in first to act overbetting the pot its a flush draw a high percentage of the time, the second player probably knows this and calls with a pair and you've got them both trapped with KK behind. 

Its 14K to win 49K, you won't win many tournaments if you pass here.

And I don't mind the KK limp given your stack, you need to take a chance to get value out the hand, and as shown it has worked you've given yourself a great chance of winning the tournament by doing so. 

how did you finish in the 100k last night m8? saw you went deep

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2006, 08:08:51 PM »

Ended up 23rd was going nicely with 50 left but it took over an hour to get down to 27 from there and all the mid-short stacks were taking their full time on every shot.  Was very frustrating stuff.   Took on a big coin flip with TT v AK and lost.

I was trying to build my stack from steals during the bubble but I had a bit of a maniac to my left. There was an amusing moment when I raised the tightest player in the worlds BB with AK and he thought for his full time before typing AA in the chat, going all in, then typing honest im not lying. He was s***** himself about going out on the bubble so I passed, he showed and typed "phew". Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:13:06 PM by WellChief » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2006, 08:10:48 PM »

Ended up 23rd was going nicely with 50 left but it took over an hour to get down to 27 from there and all the mid-short stacks were taking their full time on every shot.  Was very frustrating stuff.   Took on a big coin flip with TT v AK and lost.

ul m8, its cruel that comp!

WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 08:13:59 PM »

Yeh i can understand some peoples tightness when the bubble pays 50 times the buy in.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »

Yeh i can understand some peoples tightness when the bubble pays 50 times the buy in.

lol yes, it needs correcting.

Poor Geeah bubbled

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: