blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:00:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Am I a Fish?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Am I a Fish?  (Read 1620 times)
Zispin

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2006, 01:39:39 AM »

I was playing at Cincinnati today in the £5 limited rebuy today and I came across this hand. It was quite early on but people are starting to accumulate chips and i was still allowed 2 more rebuys and generally the play is rather loose at this point. one buy in =2500 chip.

Blinds are 100/200

I have 4500 chips and hold  . Scottishdave on my right raises to 1000 but he plays with mince, so i call. Next guy moves straight all in for 4800, he's a steady player, doesn't play a pot like this without a reasonable hand. So dave goes all in 3000 total. So i look at the pot now at 9000 chips. Its costing me 3500 to call approx 3/1 on my money. I think i'm getting good value and call.

Scottishdave has  three diamonds three clubs the other gentleman turns over  .

Anyways I hit my A and take down the pot. I am about 27% chance to win so i am getting my odds on the pot. Even against an AK instead of J's i'm still getting my odds.

How bad a call is this bearing in mind the circumstances?
Zispin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 01:58:58 AM »

Sorry forgot to say the reason I posted this is because I got grief for calling throughout the next few hours and felt it was a bit unjustified.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:05:33 AM »

Bad call.

You get very lucky you are not against a bigger ace and a pair aboves 7's

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:10:20 AM »

Sorry forgot to say the reason I posted this is because I got grief for calling throughout the next few hours and felt it was a bit unjustified.

well, if you got grief then thats pretty pathetic..(unless you mean grief in a joking manner) its not like you have an obligation to do what is best for them... and its not like 33 played the hand in anyway that would make the centre pages of a "how to play poker" manual. As for the hand itself, if you think Scotch Dave is full of air with his raise, just go ahead and shovel your stack in first time round... it is a micro-stakes rebuy, have a little fun.. and you might even have the best hand! Once it gets back to you the second time round, its more marginal, but calling is ok, if its a mistake its only a small one, and you can always rebuy

fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:11:21 AM »

whats ur name zispin, trying to put a face to the username
Zispin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 02:18:13 AM »

c'mon fergus. andrew neilson
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 02:20:20 AM »

lol, didnt know ur username. how did u finish today?
Zispin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 02:24:05 AM »

bubbled but (graham-hope i've got that right) done a deal with me for £30 for 5th. fair play to him he's a good guy he didn't have to do it. so got my money back then won in the cash game so good afternoon.
lazaroonie

Your a dead man Den Watts !!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 11:05:07 PM »

I was playing at Cincinnati today in the £5 limited rebuy today and I came across this hand. It was quite early on but people are starting to accumulate chips and i was still allowed 2 more rebuys and generally the play is rather loose at this point. one buy in =2500 chip.

Blinds are 100/200

I have 4500 chips and hold  . Scottishdave on my right raises to 1000 but he plays with mince,

The blog of my friend Colchester Kev
http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/
Table Manners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 02:26:17 AM »

what position were you in?
If you were in early position then I'd chuck it first time round even if i thought the original raiser was full of it because I'd be worried about what the players acting behind had. If in late position (i.e. big blind, small blind and maybe button), if you think he's on pisch then lump it in. If you made the play in late enough position, then it was just unlucky one of the few people behind you had a hand. If you made the play in early position, then it's not surprising you got your self into one of those "odds to call" situations.

As for the call, given it's a rebuy I might have called too, but it would be better to try and avoid that situation in the first place.
TillerMaN
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 03:22:20 PM »

Correct play is either to fold or raise all in. You said there was a good chance Dave had less than you in which case you should have pushed vs him. You can't just call a raise for 1/4 of your chips when you will miss the flop 2/3 of the time.

You would have still been called by JJ here most likely because of the size of tournament and how much people care about a £5 rebuy in Cincins but it is still correct in the long run all assuming that Dave is no rock =)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: