blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:08:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179254 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: March 06, 2011, 11:38:54 AM »

Today's free tip - A steam iron generally requires water for the steam to happen.  Plugging the iron in helps too. 

I'm not really a blonde...honest.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: March 06, 2011, 11:44:35 AM »

Today's free tip - A steam iron generally requires water for the steam to happen.  Plugging the iron in helps too. 

if it still doesn't work, check the fuse box Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: March 06, 2011, 11:47:40 AM »

Damn fuse box.  Who thinks to check that?!  I mean seriously?  Well, obv some must...but in all fairness.  Sigh.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: March 06, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »

Sigh.  Another free tip for today because I'm feeling generous.  Pay attention when someone posts their answers to the RSQ right on the thread.  It can only help you.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 06, 2011, 12:56:57 PM »

Three loads down and three to go.  I'm a machine.  Might actually be sat well before 6pm this time for an all new record.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 06, 2011, 03:44:41 PM »

Check the plug too.  Especially if you've lent the iron to yer neighbour and their moody teenage son is asked to return it to ya.  Plugs have a habit of coming apart when ripped furiously from walls as it happens.  And teenage Lads don't know how to fix 'em properly on the quiet.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:13 PM »

the battery life is poor- are there any portable devices you can get to charge the phone? Have tried searching

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 06, 2011, 07:24:43 PM »

the battery life is poor- are there any portable devices you can get to charge the phone? Have tried searching

Rumour has it there's a thing called a powermonkey.  Read about it today on Tikay's thread. 

Out of curiosity though...what's it got to do with laundry, fuses or irons?   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 06, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »

Lent on the way.  At least half the Irish population will genuinely give something up.  And most of the other half will at least pretend they did.  Not me.  No Sir.  I'm not a quitter and won't pretend to be.  Figure if I'm going to hell, may as well be a first class ticket.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »

Would mention the Liverpool v Man U match, but don't want to get controversial. 

Ah feck it....wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii  WELL DONE LIVERPOOL!!!!   

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 07, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »

Long walk with Bridget and the dogs on the cards for this morning.  Very long.  She doesn't do walks in half measures.  She's calling to mine at 10:30.  If I'm not back by 1:00pm, send out a search party...because I'm definitely out against my will at that stage.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 09, 2011, 12:36:25 AM »

Blimey, tomorrow's a big day.  Never heard from the surgeon so looks like I'll be turning the GP loose on him.  To be fair, our family has never had to wait half as long as the national average for anything medically because she doesn't do 'wait'.  She's ruthless and I adore her for that. 

Another gig going down as well.  Can't get into it just yet, but can say it will either close a book or open another chapter.  Not sure which way it'll go til after lunch.  Either way, it's just one more step along life's road. 

Definitely taking the sleeping meds tonight.  That much I know for sure.

Night night all  xx

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 09, 2011, 12:43:03 AM »

Have a good nights sleep Dawn  xxx
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 10, 2011, 09:41:30 AM »

It's Two fer Thursday.  Would have sounded better if it were Two fer Tuesday, but as today's not Tuesday you'll just have to work with me here.

That's right folks, I've got TWO free tips for ya today.  How lucky are ya?  You've no idea.  And if you follow these tips, you just might save on headaches and burn cream.

Red's always suggesting we turn things off and back on again to fix them.  I giggle every time he says it because it seems so silly, yet I still find meself trying it with things round this house all the time...and have pretty good results as it happens.

Earlier this week our village had a quick 30 second power outage.  No, it wasn't me fuse box (I checked)...it really was village wide.  So the power kicked in again, except the internet box was acting up.  Some of the lights were on, but one of them was blinking orange instead of solid green.  Checked all the connections to make sure they were secure and they were. Tried turning it off and back on again.  No joy...damn blinky orange light. 

Phoned the internet crowd who told me they'd post out the part they reckoned I needed, but it would be a couple of days.  Marv.  Been living off Bridget's dodgy dongle ever since.  Not been easy but gets there...albeit slowly.

Soooooooooo, the part was due to arrive this morning.  In anticipation I got a mad fit and unplugged all the connections.  Then I got another mad fit and tried plugging them all back in again.  It WORKED!!!  No more blinky orange light.  Every thing's solid green and we have internet.  Just as I'm typing this out, the part's landed in the post too.  lol  Sigh. 

We've already learned to turn things off and back on again.  We've learned to check the fuse box too.  But when all else fails, ya now know to unplug the lot before plugging it back in again.  Simples.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 10, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »

Free tip number two isn't as complicated.  When testing pasta noodles which have been swirling 'round in boiling hot water, it's probably a good idea to cool them off first.  Otherwise you're in for a not so nice surprise when ya slurp that noodle in and it bitch slaps ya on the chin.  Trust me on this one.  Yer chin will thank you for it.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: