blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:51:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 177837 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: February 22, 2011, 03:31:44 PM »

have you forgotten all the fun of sovietsong's super fun x factor eviction game?  it'll be immense!  enjoy it!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 23, 2011, 01:36:12 AM »

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Step up, step up!!!  For one week only in 2011 (because we barely got it past Tighty in the first place) this Chicka is in charge of the Reverse Sheep Quiz!!!

Prepare for a farce of EPIC proportions!!! 

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=52070.0

I really need to get out more.   

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 23, 2011, 10:56:20 PM »

I'm tired.  Long day and just in the door.  Will do the X Factor in Dublin trip report tomorrow morning when I can see straight again.  Night night all.  xx

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 24, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »

Well, that was an experience...of sorts.  Obv I had another one of those sleepless nights the night before.  Couldn't take the meds for it as there was no chance of waking on time after.  Working on maybe a 2 hour nap, up we got at 6:30am for our day trip to Dublin.  Off to see the X Factor concert.  Good thing I love my girls...or this trip was never happening.  lol

I'm a horrible 'back seat driver' at the best of times.  Very few people I trust behind the wheel when I'm in the car and Timothy would insist on driving.  That'd never do because it was likely we'd chance killing each other during a four hour car journey.  To avoid that, we took the train.

Arrived in Dublin around 11am and caught the Luas tram.  Plan was to stop in town centre for a bite to eat before making our way to the O2 arena.  I'd grand notions of filling up on healthy stuff so I wouldn't be hungry at the concert.  Worked out well.  Not!  lol  Ran into people from home on the Luas (as ya do) and with all the chatting we missed our stop.  Straight to the O2 instead.  Surely we can grab a bite there.

If you're a person with a passion for junk food it was heaven.  Pizzas from a vending machine (WTF?!), popcorn, hotdogs, cotton candy and every other sort of rubbish you'd expect to find at a venue like that.  Hot dog it is then.  GG diet.  

Doors open at noon, concert starts at 1:30.  Tell Sarah that and yer gonna be there at noon.  I told her.  Ooops.  Found our seats and sat there for the bones of an hour waiting for the concert to begin.  Didn't mind so much because Timothy was doing everything he could to embarrass the girls with 'uncool' antics.  Sarah giggled now and then.  Sinéad was just plain mortified.  Reckon it'll be a while before she asks us to take her to another concert.  That'll learn 'em for dragging me to this.

Sinéad was smiling here because she'd trained him to do the 'X' with his fingers.  Was a big improvement over the show he was making of himself by waving his arms 'round like an eejit before crossing them in front of his chest.

Click to see full-size image.

Here's the 'pre-training' shot just as he'd finished waving the arms 'round....hence the smiles above.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 03:43:38 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 24, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »

To be fair, the show wasn't 'horrible' as such.  I just wouldn't normally bother going out of my way for it.  But the girls loved it and had a great time and that's all that mattered. 

The place went absolutely MENTAL when this lot appeared on stage!  The music didn't bother me ears too much, but the screams from the crowd blew them away.  One Direction....

Mary got loads of screaming and standing ovations when she'd land on stage too.  Being from Dublin helped I suppose.  Dunno, but I never really warmed to her on the telly.  Sure as hell wasn't going to try and gather meself for a standing O every time she turned up.

Sher seemed to have the most exposure on the day and was pretty entertaining.  Rebecca, Katie and Aidan only did a couple of songs each.  None of the three really move around much and the songs weren't exactly knee boppers, but they were grand. 

Wagner was there.  He's just rubbish.  Not much more I can say about him.  Did catch some video for you lot that adore the guy, but refuse to post it in me diary.  It's on Soviet's Super X Factor thread.  [ ] Enjoy.

Matt didn't appear until the end...again to mega screaming from the crowd.  By now my eardrums were already gone thanks to One Direction, so didn't take much notice here.

And last but not necessarily least, they all sang their Christmas song for the encore - Hero

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 24, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »

With the concert over and our eardrums blown to bits, we made our way back into town centre.  The girls wanted to do a bit of shopping.  FFS.  

"Now girls, you've everything you could ever need.  What shopping are you on about?"  

"We brought our own money Mom and we'd like to see what's here."  FML.  Can't say no to that.  

Obviously what they saw cost a considerable amount more than what they'd brought, but never mind.  Even gave Sarah back her babysitting money when the dust settled on the shopping.  They'd the few bob they got from their Irish grandparents which I let them spend, but wasn't letting her blow the money she'd worked for.  It was their day out...and our treat.

With the shopping sorted it was time to grab a bite before catching our train home.  Burger King won the debate.  Red was right.  I should have packed my own food for the day.  Been eating salad and fruit all day today to make up for it.

Got the 7pm train home and were very lucky to get seats.  Timothy wanted to kill the last half hour in the bar, but myself and the girls decided we were better off heading for the train as it was already in the station.  Was a good move.  Only two carriages were put aside for those without designated seats.  They never took into account the crowd for the concert and as a result, the train was packed to the rafters!  Lots of people had to stand for the few hours home.  I'd have thrown down on the floor if need be.  It was a loooooooooong day and standing for over 3 hours was never gonna happen.  

All in all, not a bad day.  The girls enjoyed it so I was glad of that.  However, they're already planning for next year's X Factor concert.  There was no need to threaten me like that on the way home.  lol
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 04:02:53 PM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 24, 2011, 04:12:20 PM »

Cassie and Lily were over the moon to see us when we got home.  We'd the neighbours looking after them, but they're used to me being home all day so they aren't impressed when the constant company goes missing.  They got lots of extra cuddles and rubs once I was sure the fireplace hadn't been ripped apart in the kitchen.  Then it was back to their spots by the fire.  And the rest of us in a coma after our day.  No need for a sleeping tablet last night...that's for sure.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 24, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »

Now then...anyone know if I've ever posted a Riverdance video in this thread?     Don't remember doing it, but someone seems to think I have. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 24, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »

In the meantime, I'm posting this video to help me get over the torture of hearing Wagner's version.  Not great either way, I know...

If I were forced to pick one of his songs though, this would be it.....

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 25, 2011, 10:57:13 AM »

Watched a show on this last night and thought it was well cool...

http://rootbridges.blogspot.com/

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 25, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »

On my way home from the airport last week, I stopped at a friend's place.  I've mentioned Mary before because she's living right near Brian's campus digs.  I've always been more relaxed knowing he had her to go to if he was really stuck.  Anyway, she invited me to come up to Cork for a girly week-end some time soon and today I'm taking her up on the offer.

Had another sleepless night last night.  I always try to stay put for an hour hoping to nod off again.  But once the hour's over I get up, fill my pint of water and turn on the telly and lappy.  Sometimes that works and more times it doesn't.  When the clock hits the 3 to 4am hour, if I'm still wired for sound but need to sleep...it's time to bring out the heavy artillery.  I finally caved and brought out the meds in the end. 

Just woke from it and could have slept another while if I didn't have things to sort around here before I head off.  Want to get the house in order and a dinner cooked for the crew.  Also clearing the laundry basket and must decide what to pack for the week-end.  Not sure what we'll be getting up to while I'm there so I'll be winging it on the packing front.

Once I've all that done, off I go and won't be back until some time on Sunday.  Taking the lappy with me as I know we'll have some 'down time' while I'm there.  Hope whatever yer at, ye all have a good week-end!  xx

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 25, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »

Sigh.  Change of plans.  Just off the phone with the doc.  Gave her the tale and she wanted me in first thing tomorrow morning as they're closed for the rest of today.  Told her I was planning to head to Cork today and could the visit wait til Monday.  She reluctantly agreed.  Ger forcefully disagreed.  I'm off to the doc in the morning.  GG Cork.  Was a nice idea while it lasted.  Sigh.

Feel horrible for Mary.  Have tried ringing her and not got through to her yet.  Just know she's running round the place getting all sorts ready for my arrival.  That's the kind she is and I don't like to let her down.  Depending on what doc says in the morning, I might be able to at least salvage a visit for tomorrow and spend just the one night.  We'll see.  Fingers crossed.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 26, 2011, 01:47:36 PM »

Stuck at home for a bit and more appointments in the near future...as expected.  On orders to chill until I hear from the surgeon in the next week or so.  Not back related this time, but not much fun either.  Healthy eating still in place but no gym allowed until further notice.  Sighhhhh.  Ah well.  This too shall pass.  On the plus side, the kids are in charge for the foreseeable future.  Child labour FTW.  [ ] They were thrilled with the news.

To be honest, I hate when I get knocked down with something.  Don't like relying on others for help.  Especially not the kids.  Granted, does 'em no harm to pull some extra weight now and then.  But if it could be avoided, you can be sure I'd avoid it! 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 27, 2011, 01:13:25 PM »

Blimey.  They tidied the house.  Proper and all.  And now they've gone to the cinema so I've a few hours of total remote control access.  Not used to that. 

What will I watch on a Sunday?  Rugby not on for another bit so I suppose Come Dine With Me will do for now - unless ye have other suggestions. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 01, 2011, 10:40:14 AM »

RSQ on tonight.  Bracing meself for a proper roasting by that lot.  Ever since Londonderry.  Some few just never got over it.  Pretty sure Tighty's even developed a nervous twitch when there's mention of the 'L' word.  You've about 90 minutes left to enter the quiz if you'd like to join in tonight's reveal.  Should be good fun abso mayhem and carnage. 

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=52070.0

For now though, I leave you with this......

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: