blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:08:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1551 1552 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 1558 1559 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6359169 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23310 on: October 23, 2011, 03:17:22 PM »

Poker in Leeds has always baffled me, the players, the rooms. We have the potential for a vibrant poker community. Alea really failed to mop it all up when they opened their lovely card room!

For such a huge catchment area, there is no sensible explanation for that really.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23311 on: October 23, 2011, 03:18:45 PM »

I collected a new Twitter "follower" this week (or I may have "folowed" her, I'm not sure which).

Anyway, she is, in a manner, quite well known in poker. Here is how she described herself on Twitter.

actress, director, writer, producer, entrepreneur, vegetarian, animal activist, philanthropist...& coming soon... Spiritual Awakening Jewelry!!

Good luck guessing her name fom that description. "Philanthropist"?

Shannon Elizabeth, she is just a pest really. keep telling her to leave me alone too.......

Jeez, check our Billy Big Brain. What took you so long?

Very nice young lady, I'm told.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #23312 on: October 23, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »

When Moortown closed poker in Leeds died Sad
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23313 on: October 23, 2011, 03:22:46 PM »

Is the score from Old Trafford real?

Incredible. The drama & theatre of the Premiership fascinates endlessly, more so than the actual football sometimes.

Not sure I'd wanna be the poor sod who has to interview Sir Alex after this one.

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #23314 on: October 23, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »

I rarely glance at things political at all, but Rory Stewart, who I had previously never heard of, seems like a very interesting fellow.
Was curious enough to find out whether he could speak with presence..... probably unsurprising that he orates exceptionally, and is very engaging.

Looks like he is a backbencher for now, but must be a potential star for the future.

I'm not sure of the requirements, and mechanisms, which go towards making a party leader / PM, but surely he must have a shot at this at some point?

(BTW, welcome back to diaryland Mr K..... I very much enjoy the days when you do a catch up session).
doogan

View Profile
« Reply #23315 on: October 23, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »

Tk, I went on HMS warrior for a gala evening on Friday night for the Trafalgar celebrations, got to say was one of the best nights out ever, we where sat on the main gun deck in between the canons.

Was a black tie event, I have put a link to the booking site as well worth anyone going to next event.

http://www.hmswarrior.org/objs/pdfs/entertaining/ProgrammeEventsBrochure2011.pdf

<--------------- prick
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23316 on: October 23, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »

Mr Pomroy was living in somewhere like Sweden for a while. He's now moved back to the UK and was doing some mentoring and playing for the pokerfarm until recently. He moved to another firm and is doing the same job I believe.

Talking of people, how is mr red dog? This break seems like his longest. Does he plan to return?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23317 on: October 23, 2011, 09:29:25 PM »

Mr Pomroy was living in somewhere like Sweden for a while. He's now moved back to the UK and was doing some mentoring and playing for the pokerfarm until recently. He moved to another firm and is doing the same job I believe.

Talking of people, how is mr red dog? This break seems like his longest. Does he plan to return?

Pommy - thanks. Yes, I heard a few weeks ago that Pommy was doing some staking these days, as I was asked via a third party to give a reference.

Mr Red-Dog is in terrific form, enjoying life immensely, he is really into his job now & loves it. He still reads blonde every day, time permitting.  Will he start Posting here again? Pass! Tom, of all people, would not appreciate me, or anyone else, being his spokesman. I know your question is innocent, & I hope you don't think I'm being rude or evasive, but I can't reply for him, I'm sorry, he would not like that.

Are you affected by the dreadful flooding & torrential rainfall in Thailand? When do you move on to the next leg, & where will that be?

How extraordinary was that 1-6 result today! Good for the game, as the saying goes....

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23318 on: October 23, 2011, 09:53:02 PM »

Pommy - thanks. Yes, I heard a few weeks ago that Pommy was doing some staking these days, as I was asked via a third party to give a reference.

Mr Red-Dog is in terrific form, enjoying life immensely, he is really into his job now & loves it. He still reads blonde every day, time permitting.  Will he start Posting here again? Pass! Tom, of all people, would not appreciate me, or anyone else, being his spokesman. I know your question is innocent, & I hope you don't think I'm being rude or evasive, but I can't reply for him, I'm sorry, he would not like that.

Are you affected by the dreadful flooding & torrential rainfall in Thailand? When do you move on to the next leg, & where will that be?

How extraordinary was that 1-6 result today! Good for the game, as the saying goes....

Not at all offended. Kinda wondered if he was peeved off with anything. I know (and understand) that a lot of the original blondes dont like the way blonde became a bit more aggro and wondered if Tom got fed up with it. I think it's good to have a break once in a while anyway, wish I could sometimes. #Addict. Mostly just wondered for the selfish reason that I like his diary.

We're in Phuket which hasn't been affected really. We've had the odd day of torrential rain and one storm which was pretty scary but the flooding has hit bangkok mainly. We're also at the top of a hill, if we get flooded, it's gg Thailand.

Yep. gtfo Man United. It's a club of glory hunters who will, as they also do when they lose a game or something doesn't go their way, rattle on about history and the past. On current form I wont be picking them in the last man standing at all! Everyone in for 60 now, should be a juicy prize!

@GreekStein on twitter.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #23319 on: October 23, 2011, 09:56:28 PM »

Whats Tom's job ?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23320 on: October 23, 2011, 09:57:04 PM »

When do you move on to the next leg, & where will that be?

Not sure where the next one will be but you can read about the adventures on my blog which is hosted at pokerencore.com. Tomorrow up will go an entry about our night in Patong (like the red light district kinda nutty area) where we went to a Ping Pong show. There wasn't a table tennis bat in sight.

@GreekStein on twitter.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #23321 on: October 23, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »

Not sure where the next one will be but you can read about the adventures on my blog which is hosted at pokerencore.com. Tomorrow up will go an entry about our night in Patong (like the red light district kinda nutty area) where we went to a Ping Pong show. There wasn't a table tennis bat in sight.

lol

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #23322 on: October 23, 2011, 10:03:57 PM »

So what happened on September 19th?

Give up Ralph - you'll have to remind me.

My Diary says "AGCC Hearing, London" (eventually held in camera) & "865 Channel Review".

Gissa clue....

Well you didn't post on here for about ten days subsequent to that date so I thought you might have been abducted by aliens or something.

think you could be right ralph. during that 10 day period mr tikay actually joined several of us for an evening in a public house, a proper one that serves beer and has drunk people in it and stuff so alien abduction and brainwashing is a real possibility

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23323 on: October 23, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »

lol

just saying mate, tikay isnt a man who should be given the runaround

@GreekStein on twitter.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23324 on: October 24, 2011, 02:46:32 PM »

http://blogs.sacbee.com/photos/2011/09/japan-marks-6-months-since-ear.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1551 1552 1553 1554 [1555] 1556 1557 1558 1559 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: