blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:01:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2211399 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: June 25, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »

David lammy mp says

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: June 25, 2016, 05:50:56 PM »

David lammy mp says

He's a brave man to try to defy the will of the people however much he doesn't like it. People already don't trust politicians. Think he's lost the plot.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: June 25, 2016, 06:00:28 PM »

Lots of support building for Stephen Crabb as Tory leader.

Would seem a smart move if they can pull it off. All the others bring huge amounts of baggage, gifting targets to the opposition. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: June 25, 2016, 06:05:58 PM »

Would seem a smart move if they can pull it off. All the others bring huge amounts of baggage, gifting targets to the opposition. 

I can't believe how short T May is.  She has nothing remotely screaming leader about her.  Jacob Rees-Mogg for me.  Get the posh boy in charge.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: June 25, 2016, 06:07:41 PM »

I hope this would be a line. Not necessarily him though.

Much as I like Boris, and favoured the Brexit, I feel a non Brexit frontliner would be the best choice.

More empathy when it does come to negotiating deals etc, and no figurehead for others to hold issue with directly.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: June 25, 2016, 06:10:36 PM »

The Tory membership of 150,000 will only choose a brexiter. That view is in a majority In the membership. So if it's Boris +1 on the ballot Boris wins unfortunately, hence he's odds on
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:14:05 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: June 25, 2016, 06:13:11 PM »

I will pop the link up later but Boris' team contacting mps, saying if he wins he's going for immediate general election for a five year mandate to negotiate exit and afterwards. This is why the plp wants Corbyn out quick, which they might not get

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: June 25, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »

an independent scotland, a united ireland free from the UK, complete break up of the UK on the cards, all whilst preserving the free movement of people across eu borders.

turmoil amongst the politicos, markets crashing, prime ministers resigning, leader of the opposition on the run.

this week could only have been better if morrissey beheaded the queen and declared us a republic.

love it. my leave vote looks more productive with each tumultuous day

never had so much bang-for-buck at the ballot box.

Wahaha..totally feel the same way

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: June 25, 2016, 06:19:05 PM »

David lammy mp says

Still mentions the economy..Such morons

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: June 25, 2016, 06:38:13 PM »

I will pop the link up later but Boris' team contacting mps, saying if he wins he's going for immediate general election for a five year mandate to negotiate exit and afterwards. This is why the plp wants Corbyn out quick, which they might not get

This would throw up some incredible scenarios - presumably every party would have a manifesto with a second referendum outlined (except the tories). Would the SNP campaign for a second referendum on the EU or would they prefer to stand by and let matters take their course so that they can make a stronger case for their own indy ref. Would Tories try to sacrifice their seats so the Tories lose. Would UKIP even participate (for fear of splitting the Brexit vote). My head spins at the prospective alliances, machinations and tactical voting that might be required to ensure a parliamentary majority for remainers so they could opt for a second referendum.

Quite a bizarre scenario.

To think this whole thing started with the old adage 'Ask a silly question...'

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: June 25, 2016, 06:38:56 PM »

✔@JustineGreening

Today's a good day to say I'm in a happy same sex relationship, I campaigned for Stronger In but sometimes you're better off out!#Pride2016

2:31 PM - 25 Jun 2016

« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:42:12 PM by MintTrav » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: June 25, 2016, 06:44:01 PM »

This would throw up some incredible scenarios - presumably every party would have a manifesto with a second referendum outlined (except the tories). Would the SNP campaign for a second referendum on the EU or would they prefer to stand by and let matters take their course so that they can make a stronger case for their own indy ref. Would Tories try to sacrifice their seats so the Tories lose. Would UKIP even participate (for fear of splitting the Brexit vote). My head spins at the prospective alliances, machinations and tactical voting that might be required to ensure a parliamentary majority for remainers so they could opt for a second referendum.

political nerd heaven. I gather UKIP are going to rebrand as an anti globalisation party and try to really fracture the Labour vote, and make a huge push

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: June 25, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »

political nerd heaven. I gather UKIP are going to rebrand as an anti globalisation party and try to really fracture the Labour vote, and make a huge push

Would fit with their fairly shallow opportunism

sola virtus nobilitat
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: June 25, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »

I love working with people of all nationalities, I have learned so much about different cultures and histories just by talking to these people. In the hospitality trade most of the staff are foreign due to the fact that the British feel it's a career 'beneath them' and believe they are better than minimum wage.

Here in Guernsey a company has to advertise a job locally for 2 weeks before they can advertise worldwide, we get zero applications from local people!

The vote is done rather than all the doom and gloom I believe the UK will become stronger for it, but that's just my opinion.

You can go on about immigration etc, but the real, real root cause has been weak governments happy to pay tucking lazy stats too much to do nothing.

As taxi refers to, the fact people won't give up their dole money unless they get £x, is the initial problem. This then creates positions for immigrants to take, and so the circle begins. This country should never have a need to let people in to pick fruit because local unemployed think it is too hard work for the money.

If we had stronger Government that MADE people work, stuff such as trade agreements, the reason we joined the EU, would probably all still be in place.

You can't just make people work.  Not unless you become almost communist in outlook.  We have never had 100% employment. 

People won't work unless they get a decent day's pay, and why should they?  That sais at the other side of the spectrum there is proper greed.  We should have a cap and collar on salaries the cap shouldn't allow people to become filthy rich that they have so much money they don't know what to do with it, the collar should be set at a level were folk working were able to lead a decent standard of life. 

Sorry. Don't buy this.

Do we not have the minimum wage to counteract this.

Maybe you need to get out and about more. You dont have to go very far in any town to find people/families that could work, but choose not to because the system pays them enough so they dont need to. I suspect this number does run into millions.

You suspect wrong come out of your bubble fella. 

Would you get out your bed for NMW?  Moreso try looking after a family, imagine being a couple in your 20's both earning NMW try looking after a young family and a house with 2 children for example, it would be near to impossible to have any standard of living.  Give them a decent wage, they will spend it the economy wil be better for it they won't be claiming benefits. 

No bubble here.

Your argument falls flat on every level.

If the immigrants are able to survive and get a foothold in life on the NMW why cant the rest? Do immigrants not have families either?

Do you never go into pubs at a lunch time and see blokes/families drinking that you know aren't working, and still claiming not enough money to live on? A TV in every room, a packet of fags each day, etc etc etc?

If you don't know any, you don't get out enough.

You are right, you cant MAKE people work, but you can give them so little, the work option is better than not being able to sit at home and stare at 4 walls until their next dole payment.

Well I'm glad we have finally left the darned EU and can finally stop the millions of layabouts. We'll need some extra austerity measures to help manage our increasing debt and civil service burden.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: June 25, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »

David lammy mp says

Lol that dude has got one brass neck. The only madness is when politicians pat joe public on the head and say 'cheers for that but now the big boys gonna decide' because it's a huge turn off, the biggest source of resistance for the electorate in politics.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: