blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 06:41:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Michelle Orpe from pokernews...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelle Orpe from pokernews...  (Read 14825 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:06 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets. That was just one situation where flushy jumped in without knowing all the facts. There is nothing wrong with taking a few moments thought before deciding what to do with any hand. Its not like in a live game you have a timer running down and beeping at you to hurry up.

as for the suggestion I should be banned for laying myself off you are talking out your arse. I wouldve won a lot more if I hadnt lost heads up, all I did was lock in a nice profit in case I lost. I was the only one who had backed me before the heat and when I was CL 3 handed everyone else wanted to back me at much smaller odds- wouldve been foolish not to lay off.

I completely disagree with people laying themselves off. In the same way that I do that with horse trainers and jockeys laying off their horses..even if they did think at 16-1 he was too big and at 8-1 it's too short and they can make a tidy profit by laying off. I have no problem with people backing themselves to win but laying yourself off is always unacceptable in my opinion.

Let's say you were to play the WSOP main event and got to the final table with around half the chips in play. The final is three months away and Betfair open a market in which you're backable at around 2.5 and can lay at slightly bigger.
First place pays $10m, second pays $5m. Would you not be tempted to take out some insurance? I would, I'd lay myself at over the odds for as much as I could get in.

don't talk too much common sense on here- you will get slaughtered for it.

As poker players we are meant to spot edges and cover our bets wherever the odds dictate to protect oursleves. Clearly this doesnt count when you win a seat for £100 into a major event then back yourself for a chunk, I took some insurance and would still have rather won the heat. As it happened I ended up winning more than Bengt did as he didnt get through the semifinal but thats irrelevant. Put me in the same situation tomorrow and I will do exactly the same again.

ariston

better lucky than good
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets. That was just one situation where flushy jumped in without knowing all the facts. There is nothing wrong with taking a few moments thought before deciding what to do with any hand. Its not like in a live game you have a timer running down and beeping at you to hurry up.

as for the suggestion I should be banned for laying myself off you are talking out your arse. I wouldve won a lot more if I hadnt lost heads up, all I did was lock in a nice profit in case I lost. I was the only one who had backed me before the heat and when I was CL 3 handed everyone else wanted to back me at much smaller odds- wouldve been foolish not to lay off.

I completely disagree with people laying themselves off. In the same way that I do that with horse trainers and jockeys laying off their horses..even if they did think at 16-1 he was too big and at 8-1 it's too short and they can make a tidy profit by laying off. I have no problem with people backing themselves to win but laying yourself off is always unacceptable in my opinion.

Let's say you were to play the WSOP main event and got to the final table with around half the chips in play. The final is three months away and Betfair open a market in which you're backable at around 2.5 and can lay at slightly bigger.
First place pays $10m, second pays $5m. Would you not be tempted to take out some insurance? I would, I'd lay myself at over the odds for as much as I could get in.

don't talk too much common sense on here- you will get slaughtered for it.

sigh.

I am saying it should not be allowed, how is this difficult to understand and how does it clash with "common sense"?

Should a trainer be allowed to back his own horse first and then lay it off ensuring a tidy profit? This would be common sense, no? Thsi is effectively the same as you are oing so you think this is OK.

Should a jockey be able to lay his horse off if he doesn't think it has even the faintest chance? The horse doesn't stand a chance..so why should he not make a bit of money?

If the trainer of Horse A REALLY fancies horse B to win the race and knows his own horse can never beat horse B should he be allowed to lay his own horse off?

I think it should not be allowed and in the same way I think you should not be allowed to lay yourself off...ever. It taints the market and opens it open to a tremendous amount of abuse by less honourable people than yourself who could make a lot of money doing it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Nursey

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2008, 01:13:38 AM »

Hello Gentleman

Firstly, I wouldn't worry about offending me, it can't be done. I'm completely un-offendable. I actually find it hilarious when people try and take the mick out of me and I'm always up for a bit of banter and I'm quite happy for it to get personal because usually people cant handle it back and that makes me laugh even more Smiley being a bit dopey works wonders for me because the hidden genius underneath is well hidden.....very well hidden, so well hidden that not even I can find it sometimes, but believe you me....it's there, and it comes out to play every now and then against certain stupid male poker players that forget to give me any credit. The other day someone made a comment that the only reason I got a poker sponsorship deal is because I'm blonde with breasts and on the tele...hahaha...you think?  Give the man a spot prize. I think if I was butch with a penis then I would definately not be sitting in Vegas right now playing poker through a sponsorship deal. Anyway yes I am blonde, I have breasts and I am on the tele. Luckily for me I have a good game as well. I'm no Phil Hellmuth but then not many of us on here are are we.

So the AK hand, I vaguely remember it but cant remember the stack sizes or blinds or anything. All I remember is I had him covered. You can't slow roll pre-flop if you ask me anyway. Even Aces get folded pre-flop by some people in some situations. You should always think for just a second, you may ave missed something. I thought slow rolling was when someone has the nuts and dwells before calling an all in anyway. I actually had ace high and was thinking whether I wanted to call an all-in pre flop with it. I thought for a few seconds and then I decided that this was a good idea.  I always think for a few seconds before I call any hand for a large portion of my chips unless I have the nuts or I have already made the decision before they act. AK against any pair is a race, this is for most my stack, I think for a bit and then I decide its worth the risk and call.....I dont get the problem.

So I went out about 600th out of 2398 people. I played some great poker but tilted a bit after a bad beat at the end which took a lot of my chips. I went all in with 99 after a raise when I had 10 big blinds left. Should of waited, but was really pleased with the days play.
I just went out the $1500 event. I had KK and raised two limpers, one called the raise and the other went all in. I figured I was up against AK and all I would have to dodge was an ace so I called. The other limper called as well. The all in guy had TT and said he was squeezing and the other shortstack limper had QJ. I was well ahead but the TT man hit his T of course........GUTTED.  I was left short stacked and was all in with AJ on a board of AQ7. The other guy had AK and I went out Sad

Oh well, so they were my two bracelet events. I'm now going to play in a couple of the deepstacks at the Venetian and try make some mulah.

Wish me Luck

xx
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2008, 01:26:29 AM »

It's a nonsensical thread. Good luck.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »

So I went out about 600th out of 2398 people. I played some great poker but tilted a bit after a bad beat at the end which took a lot of my chips. I went all in with 99 after a raise when I had 10 big blinds left. Should of waited, but was really pleased with the days play.
I just went out the $1500 event. I had KK and raised two limpers, one called the raise and the other went all in. I figured I was up against AK and all I would have to dodge was an ace so I called. The other limper called as well. The all in guy had TT and said he was squeezing and the other shortstack limper had QJ. I was well ahead but the TT man hit his T of course........GUTTED.  I was left short stacked and was all in with AJ on a board of AQ7. The other guy had AK and I went out Sad

Thankyou!

GL in the Venetian!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2008, 01:56:47 AM »

and more importantly - enjoy!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2008, 06:38:16 AM »

i don't understand. AK isn't the nuts? Huh?

good luck Smiley
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2008, 10:50:11 PM »

Again point of thread was pokernews knowing Michelle worked for skypoker= pretty cool

However I am thrilled a read I started has reached a record for me (82 replies and counting!!!) Can we get to 100 pls???

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2008, 10:51:29 PM »

Again point of thread was pokernews knowing Michelle worked for skypoker= pretty cool

However I am thrilled a read I started has reached a record for me (82 replies and counting!!!) Can we get to 100 pls???

Well I won't help up the reply count just for a silly game to get to 100, thats for sure.

HI HELEN!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2008, 10:53:50 PM »

Well I won't help up the reply count just for a silly game to get to 100, thats for sure.

me neither

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2008, 10:55:00 PM »

Hang on a god damn minute ... I have been on telly, I have tits ... Oh ffs, i forgot to dye my hair scalp blonde

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2008, 10:55:55 PM »

Hang on a god damn minute ... I have been on telly, I have tits ... Oh ffs, i forgot to dye my hair scalp blonde

thought that was tikay posting on your account for a minute....until the last bit Cheesy

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2008, 10:56:11 PM »

i don't understand. AK isn't the nuts? Huh?

i read a book said it def was, surprised you didnt catch that one
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2008, 10:58:05 PM »

Thanks for NOT helping 

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2008, 11:00:11 PM »

Hello Gentleman

Firstly, I wouldn't worry about offending me, it can't be done. I'm completely un-offendable. I actually find it hilarious when people try and take the mick out of me and I'm always up for a bit of banter and I'm quite happy for it to get personal because usually people cant handle it back and that makes me laugh even more Smiley being a bit dopey works wonders for me because the hidden genius underneath is well hidden.....very well hidden, so well hidden that not even I can find it sometimes, but believe you me....it's there, and it comes out to play every now and then against certain stupid male poker players that forget to give me any credit. The other day someone made a comment that the only reason I got a poker sponsorship deal is because I'm blonde with breasts and on the tele...hahaha...you think?  Give the man a spot prize. I think if I was butch with a penis then I would definately not be sitting in Vegas right now playing poker through a sponsorship deal. Anyway yes I am blonde, I have breasts and I am on the tele. Luckily for me I have a good game as well. I'm no Phil Hellmuth but then not many of us on here are are we.

So the AK hand, I vaguely remember it but cant remember the stack sizes or blinds or anything. All I remember is I had him covered. You can't slow roll pre-flop if you ask me anyway. Even Aces get folded pre-flop by some people in some situations. You should always think for just a second, you may ave missed something. I thought slow rolling was when someone has the nuts and dwells before calling an all in anyway. I actually had ace high and was thinking whether I wanted to call an all-in pre flop with it. I thought for a few seconds and then I decided that this was a good idea.  I always think for a few seconds before I call any hand for a large portion of my chips unless I have the nuts or I have already made the decision before they act. AK against any pair is a race, this is for most my stack, I think for a bit and then I decide its worth the risk and call.....I dont get the problem.

Oh well, so they were my two bracelet events. I'm now going to play in a couple of the deepstacks at the Venetian and try make some mulah.

Wish me Luck

xx

Is anyone completely unoffendable???

Can a thread be set up where we try and offend Michelle and the first person that does wins a blonde t shirt???  stirthepot

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: