blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:23:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Michelle Orpe from pokernews...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelle Orpe from pokernews...  (Read 15014 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 01:53:14 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets. That was just one situation where flushy jumped in without knowing all the facts. There is nothing wrong with taking a few moments thought before deciding what to do with any hand. Its not like in a live game you have a timer running down and beeping at you to hurry up.

as for the suggestion I should be banned for laying myself off you are talking out your arse. I wouldve won a lot more if I hadnt lost heads up, all I did was lock in a nice profit in case I lost. I was the only one who had backed me before the heat and when I was CL 3 handed everyone else wanted to back me at much smaller odds- wouldve been foolish not to lay off.

I completely disagree with people laying themselves off. In the same way that I do that with horse trainers and jockeys laying off their horses..even if they did think at 16-1 he was too big and at 8-1 it's too short and they can make a tidy profit by laying off. I have no problem with people backing themselves to win but laying yourself off is always unacceptable in my opinion.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 01:57:11 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets. That was just one situation where flushy jumped in without knowing all the facts. There is nothing wrong with taking a few moments thought before deciding what to do with any hand. Its not like in a live game you have a timer running down and beeping at you to hurry up.

as for the suggestion I should be banned for laying myself off you are talking out your arse. I wouldve won a lot more if I hadnt lost heads up, all I did was lock in a nice profit in case I lost. I was the only one who had backed me before the heat and when I was CL 3 handed everyone else wanted to back me at much smaller odds- wouldve been foolish not to lay off.

I completely disagree with people laying themselves off. In the same way that I do that with horse trainers and jockeys laying off their horses..even if they did think at 16-1 he was too big and at 8-1 it's too short and they can make a tidy profit by laying off. I have no problem with people backing themselves to win but laying yourself off is always unacceptable in my opinion.

Boldie as I read Ariston's comments he laid himself off in running having previously backed himself to win the heat. I can understand your comments if he hadn't already backed himself but in this instance he hadn't done anything wrong apart from locking in a profit from his original wager.

As regards some earlier comments and people talking of slow-rolling, IMO the pure definition of slow-rolling is taking you time to call with the absolute nuts and I'm sure everyone will agree that AK os preflop is far from the absolute nuts and Michelle like anyone else is very entitled to take her time to make the decision whether or not to call in this instance.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »

Boldie as I read Ariston's comments he laid himself off in running having previously backed himself to win the heat. I can understand your comments if he hadn't already backed himself but in this instance he hadn't done anything wrong apart from locking in a profit from his original wager.

yeah and I understand that he's locking up a tidy profit from backing himself, I am not calling him a cheat or anything..I just think people should not be allowed to bet against themselves on the exchanges.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets.

So you would still fold a 13BB button jam to your AK BB on level 2 of a tournament?

You would still fold a 9BB open jam on level 6 of a tournament with AK?

I may or I may not- I do reserve the right to at least think about it first though. Its hardly like Michelle dwelled with aces is it? she had ace high ffs and gets called a slow roller or clueless for taking a moment to think. Nothing wrong with thinking your decision through before you act with a hand like AK.

ariston

better lucky than good
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »

This just happens to be a forum where people can say what they mean when discussing a hand, rather than being all nice and cooey wooey like the experts have to be when live on Skypoker.

Apprently not, i am not allowed to suggest that she is either clueless or a slowroller.....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

yeah and I understand that he's locking up a tidy profit from backing himself, I am not calling him a cheat or anything..I just think people should not be allowed to bet against themselves on the exchanges.

impossible to avoid as long as there are in running markets. What if for instance womble or someone had laid me off on their account? I didnt break any rules as I was clearly trying to still win the heat, locking up a few grands profit softened the blow of losing heads up thats all.

ariston

better lucky than good
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2008, 02:01:23 PM »

This just happens to be a forum where people can say what they mean when discussing a hand, rather than being all nice and cooey wooey like the experts have to be when live on Skypoker.

Apprently not, i am not allowed to suggest that she is either clueless or a slowroller.....

yes you can ..people are only saying that she's not a slowroller...make of that what you will Wink

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »

yes you can ..people are only saying that she's not a slowroller...make of that what you will Wink

lol i agree i think she is not a slowroller, just clueless

I am referring to a PM that was sent to myself and Russ, clearly debate is no longer encouraged here.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2008, 02:09:52 PM »

Debate is fine. Insults and the like isn't.

Please debate civilly.

Cheers.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 30, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »

impossible to avoid as long as there are in running markets. What if for instance womble or someone had laid me off on their account? I didnt break any rules as I was clearly trying to still win the heat, locking up a few grands profit softened the blow of losing heads up thats all.

Sure there are ways around it but, as a rule, I think it should not be allowed.
The betting exchanges can only exist if the image of them is as clean as a whistle. The racing world has obviously not done it a lot of good with all the hassle going on but atleast those things have shown that Betfair takes that sort of thing very seriously. I reckon that the "Don't lay yourself off" rule should go for all markets on which people can bet..poker is one of them.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

It's not about being fair, it's about being seen to be fair.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 02:17:37 PM »

Please debate civilly.

Cheers.

I wasn't aware i had insulted anyone!

Anyway i think the point has been made and a far more interesting debate has sprung up in its place.

Also good to see Russ sticking up for another bird Cheesy Bet if it was a male player he wouldn't have said a thing!!

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »

Please debate civilly.

Cheers.

Anyway i think the point has been made and a far more interesting debate has sprung up in its place.

Also good to see Russ sticking up for another PRETTY bird with contacts Cheesy Bet if it was a male player with no clout or a plug ugly recreational playing female he wouldn't have said a thing!!

FYP

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2008, 02:27:04 PM »

Let's say you were to play the WSOP main event and got to the final table with around half the chips in play. The final is three months away and Betfair open a market in which you're backable at around 2.5 and can lay at slightly bigger.
First place pays $10m, second pays $5m. Would you not be tempted to take out some insurance? I would, I'd lay myself at over the odds for as much as I could get in.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

Please debate civilly.

Cheers.

Also good to see Russ sticking up for another PRETTY bird with contacts Cheesy Bet if it was a male player with no clout or a plug ugly recreational playing female he wouldn't have said a thing!!

FYP

so far wide of the mark mate but why should I bother educating you. I havent defended michelle in this thread apart from saying she should be allowed to think with what is a non nut hand. Accusng her of slow rolling or calling her clueless because she thought before calling is not on. Michelle is a good mate but not really my type- you know that Kev more than most on here. Also would love to know what contacts she has in the poker world lol. If it was some plug ugly bird then you are right I wouldnt be interested as I dont have any plug ugly mates barring you Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: