blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:33:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272677 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Swimming Against the Tide
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Swimming Against the Tide  (Read 86813 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 21, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »

So Mr Camel, whats the long term football bets for this season?

Any big backs/lays?

I've only had one bet so far. I'm on Burnley to stay up at 6/4. This is almost a maximum strength bet, but I've refrained having the lot on so far as they have a very tough start to the season (4 of their first 5 games are against Man Utd, Everton, Chelscum and Liverpool). After that, they will drift quite a bit and I will plunge on head down!

The only other near bet is Man Utd to win the Premiership. If they go beyond 3.5 I will be forced to get involved.

One the handicaps and more spread markets are published, I will find some more bets I'm sure.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:58:12 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Micko

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2009, 12:04:49 PM »

What about Portsmouth and Wigan to go down? There my fancys anyway.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »

Keith, not to far until the new NFL season starts. Any tips?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2009, 09:54:11 PM »

Keith, not to far until the new NFL season starts. Any tips?

I rarely get involved ante post on the NFL prior to the season.

Changes in personnel, coaches and team tactics mean teams often are completely unrecognisable from one season to the next.

I usually start building long term positions after 2 or 3 weeks of the season.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: July 22, 2009, 03:06:22 AM »

Do you find big differences between betting on the NFL games in the UK rather than in the US

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 22, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »

glad this thread is back on track, horse racing aint my cup of tea

burnley

why do you think they will stay up?

why do you not think they will do a WBA?

if you expect burley to stay up, who do you see going down?

also interested to hear your thoughts and bets surrounding, man city, owen, laliga and anything else

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 22, 2009, 11:46:05 AM »

Do you find big differences between betting on the NFL games in the UK rather than in the US

The old days were marvellous. There was huge value to be had by bookies who ignored vegas lines and went their own way. Those dayy much gone, but you can still nick the odd point or react quicker to late breaking weather or injury news and get a bit of value.

Ante postis much better over here. Vegas lines are pants and you can often get fair value of you spot improving teams early in the season.

Chicago, Houston, San Fran, KC and Buffalo are all candidates for possible massive improvement in the coming season.

While Indy, NYG, Arizona and Miami might be considerably weaker than last year.

Nothing is set in stone until we actually see them perform.

steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 22, 2009, 12:12:24 PM »

yes  you could get some very good odds in the early days backing on the NFL in this country.i remember getting a few half time/ full  time bets up, the bookies where offering the same sort of odds they give for our football for a team to be loosing at half time and win the game, now its more like 7/1
biggest sickner for me was for the dallas superbowl to have 10 or more touchdowns, something like 80/1 to 100/1 for 2 high scoring teams  which was ridicules, only needed 1 more touchdown  with plenty of time to go  to win bet, player fumbles defence picks it up and decides to showboat and walk across the line with his arms outstretched holding the ball in his hand, another player runs half the field and knocks it out his hand for a touchback,didnt score another touchdown. never see those odds again
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:16:21 PM by steeveg » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 22, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »

The old days were marvellous. There was huge value to be had by bookies who ignored vegas lines and went their own way. Those dayy much gone, but you can still nick the odd point or react quicker to late breaking weather or injury news and get a bit of value.

Ante postis much better over here. Vegas lines are pants and you can often get fair value of you spot improving teams early in the season.

Chicago, Houston, San Fran, KC and Buffalo are all candidates for possible massive improvement in the coming season.

While Indy, NYG, Arizona and Miami might be considerably weaker than last year.

Nothing is set in stone until we actually see them perform.

Don't see Buffalo doing any good nor do i agree Miami will be weaker, however they will lose a lot more games this season.

Only one team is coming out of the AFC East is my sad prediction Sad

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 22, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

nott`s county have to be a bet to win there division ,they have become the 4th richest club in the country.

i`v become cos`s bitch
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 22, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »

Any big backs/lays?

I've only had one bet so far. I'm on Burnley to stay up at 6/4. This is almost a maximum strength bet, but I've refrained having the lot on so far as they have a very tough start to the season (4 of their first 5 games are against Man Utd, Everton, Chelscum and Liverpool). After that, they will drift quite a bit and I will plunge on head down!

The only other near bet is Man Utd to win the Premiership. If they go beyond 3.5 I will be forced to get involved.

One the handicaps and more spread markets are published, I will find some more bets I'm sure.

Agreed they are by far the best value out of the top 3.

Would you back them at say 3.3?
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 23, 2009, 02:14:47 PM »

Any big backs/lays?

Agreed they are by far the best value out of the top 3.

Would you back them at say 3.3?

If I had a free bet, I would definitely have on Utd at the price they are today.

As we aren't forced to have a bet I tend to set the price in my mind and won't get involved until and if the price hits.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 24, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »

Any big backs/lays?

What would you say is a fair price for Burnley to be bottom at the end of August?  Think its Stoke/Utd/everton/chelsea in that time

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 28, 2009, 03:09:21 PM »

Any big backs/lays?

What would you say is a fair price for Burnley to be bottom at the end of August?  Think its Stoke/Utd/everton/chelsea in that time

*cough*

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: January 25, 2012, 07:04:46 AM »

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: