blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker In The Park 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker In The Park 2010  (Read 4070 times)
Leatherman

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »

Worth a visit? Anybody going?

Satellite King
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »

meh, it's fine if you're in the area. if you're going to make a special trip go there then make sure you time it for when someone worth listening to is doing a talk or you'll end up pretty disappointed

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:47:38 PM »

Pretty much what Gatso said, its a lot smaller than you would think but this year they do seem to have made it noticeably bigger.
Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »

Pretty much what Gatso said, its a lot smaller than you would think but this year they do seem to have made it noticeably bigger.

So is it now about the size that I would expect it to be, or just a bit smaller than that?
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 12:39:26 AM »

you won't get a pass out anyway Wink

anyway Poker in the Garden was better Cheesy

Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 10:16:33 AM »

you won't get a pass out anyway Wink

anyway Poker in the Garden was better Cheesy

Pass is sorted.. i'm taking the mrs with me...

As for Poker in The Garden lol after seeing how soft it was i'll be there next year.. Wink

Satellite King
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 01:00:54 PM »

So is it now about the size that I would expect it to be, or just a bit smaller than that?

I expect it will be slightly larger than the lower-end of your expectation, unless you think it will be larger than it is and in that case it'll be smaller, although not noticeably.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:04:25 PM »

I expect it will be slightly larger than the lower-end of your expectation, unless you think it will be larger than it is and in that case it'll be smaller, although not noticeably.

You'll get there and say 'this isnt very big' but then you will walk around and see something that makes you go 'ooooh look at that' then you will wander around, get some free stuff and go home.
Sweetman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:22:37 PM »

You'll get there and say 'this isnt very big' but then you will walk around and see something that makes you go 'ooooh look at that' then you will wander around, get some free stuff and go home.

Lol!!!! That was exactly how my trip to poker in the park was last year, brilliant!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 05:25:09 PM »

Tbf i'm probably going to go again, busted out the charity tourny as one of the first runners to go last year but got a consolation watch for 'being bad beat' from Jamie Gold, even though I was like you're all live noobs how is that a 'bad' beat it's poker happens all day, once I saw the watch I shut up and left pretty sharpish thumbs up
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »

when is it on?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »

when is it on?

All info here - http://www.pokerinthepark.com/

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »

tyty

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
valuehunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:24 PM »

Plenty of hotties on show last year Tongue
Red Hot Poker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

We're sponsoring "The Red Hot PokerPLEX" - one of the big marquee's. We'll be running free 40-player Sit & Go's every hour - hosted by "Mad" Marty Wilson, plus there will be a driving simulator (set the fastest lap to win a real supercar for the day), a dj and massage girls. A "Red Hot" Ferrari will also be on show - one of the cars to be won for a day.

Hopefully it won't be raining next Thursday/Friday.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: