blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6354947 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5850 on: May 27, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »

Superb! Thanks Jim. I could watch wildlife vids 24/7, especially birds. An age thing I suppose.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: May 27, 2008, 11:29:38 PM »

Tikay what did you ink of the Manakin Bird?

You must be telescopic Jim - I just this second watched it Had a bit of a bad day at the office, so to speak.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: May 27, 2008, 11:37:15 PM »

After nearly 3 days of torrential rain, the sun is shining today, & the air feels so much fresher. I wonder if that improved air quality, that "freshness", is why birds sing so heartily after the rain stops? I've been watching "my" 2 Blackbirds who each own a little patch of land outside the office, & they are vey busy, fiffing & faffing about, tapping the grass to tempt beetles & insects out, but then singing with great gusto from the nearby treetops.

could this be some kind of victory song after catching and feasting on prey?

Maybe - I really don't know.

It's kinda sad that this matters to me, or interests me so much, but I just need to undersrtand why birds so often sing so heartily & enthusiastically - I just don't "get it". I've seen & heard & read all sorts of explanations, but I don't buy any of them.

Animals, like humans, display body language. We can see a dog's mood by so many things - it's waggy tail, tail carriage, ears, head angle, mouth, so many ways. A cat likewise, purring, tail erect, etc.

But birds, well I can''t see much body language that I can discern, but that beautiful singing - why?

Here's the most wonderful 3 minutes of birdsong, mostly by Mr Blackbird. Can anyone identify the red-flecked bird midway through? Look how proud Mr Blackbird seems to be, & how varied his song is. Why? Whats going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997RTKzc39c

The most extravagant songs will be to do with sex.  Guaranteed.

Well I sing rather well, but it's never helped me in that regard. 

Which gives me the excuse I've been waiting to show you a Vid that has had 4 million views on You-Tube, & deservedly so. I play this track over & over again in the car, & imagine I'm the drummer, thrashing away happily there. I've no idea what the lyrics are, or mean, I just love happy uppy music, & this is a great example. When I was in my Cure Tribute Band, I was the Drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORc5Td_T6og&feature=related

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: May 27, 2008, 11:43:37 PM »

After nearly 3 days of torrential rain, the sun is shining today, & the air feels so much fresher. I wonder if that improved air quality, that "freshness", is why birds sing so heartily after the rain stops? I've been watching "my" 2 Blackbirds who each own a little patch of land outside the office, & they are vey busy, fiffing & faffing about, tapping the grass to tempt beetles & insects out, but then singing with great gusto from the nearby treetops.

could this be some kind of victory song after catching and feasting on prey?

Maybe - I really don't know.

It's kinda sad that this matters to me, or interests me so much, but I just need to undersrtand why birds so often sing so heartily & enthusiastically - I just don't "get it". I've seen & heard & read all sorts of explanations, but I don't buy any of them.

Animals, like humans, display body language. We can see a dog's mood by so many things - it's waggy tail, tail carriage, ears, head angle, mouth, so many ways. A cat likewise, purring, tail erect, etc.

But birds, well I can''t see much body language that I can discern, but that beautiful singing - why?

Here's the most wonderful 3 minutes of birdsong, mostly by Mr Blackbird. Can anyone identify the red-flecked bird midway through? Look how proud Mr Blackbird seems to be, & how varied his song is. Why? Whats going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997RTKzc39c

The most extravagant songs will be to do with sex.  Guaranteed.

Well I sing rather well, but it's never helped me in that regard. 

Which gives me the excuse I've been waiting to show you a Vid that has had 4 million views on You-Tube, & deservedly so. I play this track over & over again in the car, & imagine I'm the drummer, thrashing away happily there. I've no idea what the lyrics are, or mean, I just love happy uppy music, & this is a great example. When I was in my Cure Tribute Band, I was the Drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORc5Td_T6og&feature=related

Awesome song Tikay. One of my favourites.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5854 on: May 27, 2008, 11:47:51 PM »

i thought you would prefer this by the cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeZRBStMNQ

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: May 27, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »

i thought you would prefer this by the cure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EeZRBStMNQ

Hehe, well I see where you are going Jim, but actually, I don't much enjoy that track aurally, but I think it's one of their better Vids, which is saying something, as most of their Vids were top-notch.

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: May 27, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »

I've been flicking through the tv channels tonight,and i came across an old episode of Friday Night with Johnathon Ross on Dave.Im guessing it was from about 4 years ago. Among the guests were Amy Winehouse and The Libertines!

Not much chance of the BBC having the balls to have them on now!!

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: May 28, 2008, 12:49:14 AM »

I've been flicking through the tv channels tonight,and i came across an old episode of Friday Night with Johnathon Ross on Dave.Im guessing it was from about 4 years ago. Among the guests were Amy Winehouse and The Libertines!

Not much chance of the BBC having the balls to have them on now!!

He had Pete Doherty on there last year, I actually warmed to him!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: May 28, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »

It all went a bit Pete Tong at Feltham today. We were due to record Episode 2 of "Stacked Up", to be aired next Tuesday, & then do a 2 hour Talk Show, Live.

But the wheels fell off due to some technical fingamyjig, & so it took way too long to record Stacked-Up, though we got there eventually. But by now, it was too late to reset the Studio, & the Crew needed a break, so we had to postpone the Live Talk Show. A shame, as I was looking forward to that a great deal - the perfect medium for me, 2 hours blathering. Never mind, these things happen, & the Show will soon be on air.

Anyway, it gave a chance for the Gus Hansen Interview to be shown again, so that was a bonus.

Stacked-Up came out OK I think, it airs next Tuesday. The players were Jon Young, Rick Dacey & Dave Bland, Poker Mag Editors all. It was interesting to see them have to walk the walk....

So, a bummer of a day really. It's quite intricate setting up 2 Shows in the same Studio, using the same crew, one straight after the other, & it's done for reasons of cost-effectiveness & studio time optimisation. The weird thing is that they turn out Live Shows 7 nights a week, & never (well almost never) miss a beat, but when TV is recorded, it seems to take for ever. 30 minutes of Poker Week used to take 3 hours to record, though to be fair, that was because Compo was so bad. Wink

Here was today's Call-Sheet, & as you can see, it was all a bit tight, even assuming it went to plan. Next time they'll nail it. Feel free to ask who "Talent" were.....

STACKED-UP

Production call 1300

M/U/Wardrobe 1330

Crew call 1400 

Studio prep 1400 - 1515

Talent call 1400

Pres/Analyst briefing 1400 - 1445

Guests to M/Up 1400 - 1445

Pres/Analyst to M/Up 1445 - 1515

Guest briefing 1445 - 1515

Blockthrough 1515 - 1615

Final checks 1615 - 1630

Rx 1630 - 1900

Wrap Guests 1900

Break 1900 - 2030

SKY POKER UNLIMITED

Reset Studio 2030 - 2115

Talent call /briefing 2030 - 2100

Talent to M/Up 2100 - 2115

Blockthrough 2115 - 2145

Final checks 2145 - 2200

Rx 2200 - 0000

KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: May 28, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »

Sorry to take us back off subject but just youtubing stuff and found this song, i had forgotten how good it was and realsied it is in my CD changer in my car, bonus!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUcv7UMW4Ck&feature=related

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: May 28, 2008, 01:05:24 AM »

An odd week for me this week, though guaranteed to be a profitable one.

Did the Show Monday, another today, & on Thursday Mr Pace & myself do the Flagship "Five-O", which has settled down lovely, & I love doing.

On Wednesday, en route to London, I'll have an excuse to stop off & play the Luton Wednesday night jobbie.

After Thursday's Show, I have to get myself up to the West End so I can be at the American Embassy by 0830 on Friday for my carkeyfobless I-Visa interrogation. The over-under on the queue there is 3 hours.....Can't wait. Well, I'll have to wait.

On Saturday, the plan is Blackpool for that splendid £200 (or is it £250?), & Sunday the Luton £100 Freeze, if I can resist the burning temptation to play DTD's £100 rebuy. Which I must. Monday morning, bright & early, it's the Luton Golf & Poker Day, & we assemble at Mentmore GC at 11am, so I'll stay over on Sunday night. After Luton on Monday night, a £100 Freeze I think, I'm off for a few days holiday, up in the Yorkshire Dakles & North Yorkshire Moors.

Back Thursday or Friday, straight down to Brighton for Sky Live Three, & the following weekend it's APAT Dublin.

My life is just flying by, but it's all downhill. Well, except the odd uphill bit.

OK, I'm about ready to drive home, & I'll be there by 4am. Just in time to head back South tomorrow after some kip. How does that make sense?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 01:07:58 AM by tikay » Logged

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5861 on: May 28, 2008, 01:13:10 AM »

I've no idea what the lyrics are, or mean

According to Smith, "The song is about hyperventilating—kissing and fainting to the floor." The lyrics were inspired by a trip with his then-girlfriend (and later wife) Mary Poole to Beachy Head in southern England. Smith said the opening line of the song ("Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick") refers to his childhood memories of mastering magic tricks, but added "on another [level], it's about a seduction trick, from much later in my life"

Wikipedia.

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: May 28, 2008, 01:21:34 AM »

According to Smith, "The song is about hyperventilating—kissing and fainting to the floor." The lyrics were inspired by a trip with his then-girlfriend (and later wife) Mary Poole to Beachy Head in southern England. Smith said the opening line of the song ("Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick") refers to his childhood memories of mastering magic tricks, but added "on another [level], it's about a seduction trick, from much later in my life"

Wikipedia.

Good grief! A seduction trick, you say?

Was Mary the girl in the Vid?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5863 on: May 28, 2008, 01:30:02 AM »

Wikipedia.

Good grief! A seduction trick, you say?

Was Mary the girl in the Vid?

Yes

The music video for "Just Like Heaven" was directed by Tim Pope, who had directed all of the band's previous videos since 1982's "Let's Go to Bed". The video was filmed in England's Pinewood Studios in October of 1987. Set on a cliff overlooking a sea, the video recreates many of the memory detailed in the song's lyrics. When a fanzine asked Smith what the song was about, he said it was inspired by "something that happened to me a long time ago—see the video!"[15] While Smith had claimed for years that the video was shot at the same place that inspired the song, he later admitted that the bulk of it was filmed in a studio, utilising footage of the water and cliffs of Beachy Head taken for the band's 1985 video for "Close to Me".[1]

During the song's piano solo the sky turns to nighttime and the band is shown clad in white shirts. Mary Poole appears in this sequence as a woman dressed in white dancing with Smith. As Smith explained, "Mary dances with me in the video because she was the girl [in the song], so it had to be her."[1] Pope later commented, "[Poole] can honestly lay claim to being the only featured female in any Cure video, ever."[

The older I get, the better I was.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: May 28, 2008, 01:32:12 AM »

When I was in my Cure Tribute Band, I was the Drummer.

photos please

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: