blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 09:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1289439 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5145 on: February 11, 2012, 03:11:07 PM »

Gary Neville is the best analyst on tv.

He's annoyingly good. Still a ***** though Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: February 11, 2012, 03:11:28 PM »

How could Suarez shake Evra's hand if he wishes to continue his stance as not being racist, he isn't going to shake hands with someone who got him an 8 match ban for racism when he doesn't think he was. Get rid of the handshakes as said.

This is what I was trying to say earlier. I'm not condoning it, but it's obvious it could have gone this way and it has.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5147 on: February 11, 2012, 03:12:09 PM »

It really is massive mountain out of a molehill stuff.

Dont blame Kenny for getting pissed of with the ridic questions. Fergie was a bit over the top, sky more so.

THIS.

It's taken the focus off how bad Liverpool played today, that's for sure.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: February 11, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »

Stopped watching but very suprised at how unbiased he is, nearly as suprising as reading Liverpool fans wishing Everton luck and praising Gary Neville, who'd have thought it Smiley
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: February 11, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »

I assume thats a genuine feeling. Have to say I agree completely - rarely strings a bunch of meaningless cliches together. Straight and insightful

sola virtus nobilitat
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:12 PM »

Stopped watching but very suprised at how unbiased he is, nearly as suprising as reading Liverpool fans wishing Everton luck and praising Gary Neville, who'd have thought it Smiley

My favourite moment of the game was half-time when the blinkered muppet Redknapp says Rio fouled Suarez and Neville basically scoffed and blew a raspberry.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: February 11, 2012, 03:14:57 PM »

I assume thats a genuine feeling. Have to say I agree completely - rarely strings a bunch of meaningless cliches together. Straight and insightful

Very true

Gives it to Literally Redknapp straight when required too. Literally has got away with non analysis for several years.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: February 11, 2012, 03:16:07 PM »

Evra was almost as bad at the end as what happened earlier. Way OTT reactions in other players faces

Everyone involved needs to grow up, start being the bigger man and move on

It's pathetic

That includes the awful TV channel that has spent as much time as they could winding the tension up so they can sell the match to customers tho surely?

They were not interested one jot in what the result was in today's game but 100% intent on setting the story of today's game, because they had already set that up before the game and then showed it to justify their build up.

The first player they showed after Suarez scored was Evra, as they do every week they invest their time in telling you how important their games are, create an impression that that is correct in their preview shows and comms and then pick the bones out of it for days afterwards.

They even hire a guy to interview people at the end who is simply there to fire laoded questions at managers and players. He isn't interested in what the score is, his job is to get some quote or scandal that their sports news channel can run with for days to come.

It usually goes along the lines  of 'So Arsene, was that a case of the ref costing you three points today as he could have given you one, maybe two penalties there'

If he says yes, then its the headline on their ticker and they talk about it for days. If he says no then its the headline on their ticker and they cover it for days.

Job done either way

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:18:12 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: February 11, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »

Unfortunately I was being genuine. Sad
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: February 11, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »

Yes I agree, I find much of the coverage unfortunate. I try to switch on 2 minutes before a match and turn over right after....

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: February 11, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »

Very true

Gives it to Literally Redknapp straight when required too. Literally has got away with non analysis for several years.

Amazing how bad so many of them are.

Another one I find completely listenable to is Lee Dixon. Must be a northern full back thing

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:04 PM »

Unfortunately I was being genuine. Sad

lol, think everyone feels like this - how could such a wazz when playing turn out to be sooooo good at this

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:19 PM »

Very true

Amazing how bad so many of them are.

Another one I find completely listenable to is Lee Dixon. Must be a northern full back thing

Alan Smith too. That's a brummie voice thing. Completely hopeless colour commentator

My eyes are open wide
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: February 11, 2012, 03:20:36 PM »

I like Redknapp, not sure he's a great analyst but just think he comes across well, is biased though as said.

I can't get away with Dixon, Shearer is shit, yes you read that right, Hansen is the boss.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: February 11, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »

Let me be clear on one thing. I understand why Suarez wouldn't want to shake Evra's hand and vice versa.

As I said earlier though both of them should have been man enough to do so so it could be put to bed once and for all.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: