blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:31:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  PARIS WPT - SECOND DAY ONE - LIVE UPDATE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PARIS WPT - SECOND DAY ONE - LIVE UPDATE  (Read 41412 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 26, 2005, 12:50:08 PM »

OK, this is where Tuesday's action will be. Do please try & join us.

Today, we will be seeing an interesting & impressive line up, including........

Dave Colclough, a Paris course & Distance winner.

Brian Wilson, sporting his Bracelet, & determined to ruffle French feathers.

Suruinder Sunar, last year's winner

Howard Lederer, An American In Paris?

Carlo Citrone, King of the Dwells, with a career as a Chippendale awaiting him

Willie Tann - another Bracelwet winner from this year's WSOP

Andy Black, fresh from his WSOP Final Table

Barny Boatman, the 3rd of The Mobsters in this year's renewal - Joe is still on Honeymoon.

Simon Trumper, he'll be fired up, after his Vegas controversy

Pascal Perrault, he's French.

Roy Brindley, The Boy.

David Benyamine

Freddy Deeb

Stuart Nash

Toby Maguire, of Spiderman. (Web Report available)

Rob Hollink

Peter Roche - watch out for Peter, he'll want to match Andy Black's recent heroics

Devilfish

John Gale

Tony G - last year's runner up. Heaven help us if he gets on same table as Brian Wilson. Brian makes Tony look positively subdued!

Carlos Mortensen

Mads Anderson

Tony Bloom

Martin De Knijff

Bambos.

Is that a list of runners, or WHAT?

Action begins at 4pm Paris - that's 3pm England, I think.

We are all set up, & ready to roll, or we will be when Jen eventually gets outa bed. She worked her socks off again yesterday. We owe her our thanks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 01:29:45 PM »

Whats the food like Tony?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 01:40:43 PM »

you haven't regaled us with your Eurostar trip yet.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 01:58:29 PM »

Yoyo not taking part this year?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:10:47 PM »

Three answers in one here, soooo busy.

Food. Terrible. A lot of French muck, too. We had Chinese last night, in a resataurant where they had a glass floor, above a huge, restaurant size, fish tank, with fish & even tortoises swimming about in it. Surreal.

Eurostar Train Journey. Be careful what you wish for - was on SEVEN different trains yesterday. Details - FULL details - to follow.......

Yoyo? What, he of the 0 from 2 WSOP cashes? Nah, he's  at home, licking his wounds. But he offered to buy a bit of me for today, what a top bloke. But the bit he wanted is spoken for, if you get my drift.

We just had a cuppa tea with Harry D & Martin De Knijff, then another with Barney Boatman & John Gale. And I'm sat next to Rob Hollink, as I write. So, I ask them all, have YOU got a 100% cashing record in WSOP's played? Hehe, that stops them in their tracks.

Jen dragged herself oit of bed, bless her.

Willie Tann just arrived & said Hi, as did Roy Brindley. Devilfish too. Gonna be SOME day today.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:16:05 PM »

Hi Tikay,

Are u surprised by the lack of runners? Is the the lowest ever for a WPT event? I was intending on going myself but am just all pokered out after the WSOP - is this the reason? If so, how are Victor Chandler, London Open and the Vic Club doing, any idea on fields, I was intending on playing the Vic but not with 120 runners......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:17:55 PM »

Tony, I can thoroughly recommend a great restaurant

www.restaurantfloradanica.com

on the Avenue des Champs Elysses

French-Danish!

especially if your expenses account is in operation!

My eyes are open wide
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 02:22:32 PM »

There may not be many runners but it looks quality.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 02:30:53 PM »

French-Danish Food? - you jest. Stick that.

Expense Accolunt? I wish.

Lack of runners, Rob? Shocked, really shocked. A WPT with 150 runners? Never been known, & don't know what to make of it. But the WPT won't let it happen again, it would devalue "the Brand". Barny says there will NEVER be a better chance to win a WPT.

But Robert is right, PLENTY of quality.

Carlo just arrived - he's left all his clothes at home! Good job he's not the sort of guy who worries about how he looks, then......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 02:34:01 PM »

We have just posted the closing chip counts from the first Day One on yesterdays Day One thread. If that makes sense.

Frank Callaghan is chip leader. Wrinklies Rule, eh? So hope for me yet, once I reach that stage, of course.....

Now, GO AWAY, I still aint writen yesterday's Diary, I'm like the fat lady, all behind.

Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 02:45:54 PM »

Oh come on! We aren't going anywhere; you set yourself such high standards of reporting and kept them up. We readers, whilst grateful, have become to expect continued excellence. I think it kicks off in about 20 mins or so, so looking forward to seat and table numbers along with Parisien fashion tips.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »

yes, come on tikay no slacking. How is the Jean-Paul Gaultier bleached blonde look going down on the poker catwalks of Paris this week?

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 03:13:19 PM »

OK, the Diary is written - VERY late. It will be up on www.poker425 in the next half hour or so I guess. Rather embarrassing - and painful - end to the day yesterday as it happens. But that's another story.

Play has not begun here yet, but they are starting to take their seats. Soon as they do, we will get the interesting tables & seats, see who has been pitched against who. Really a much more "lively" bunch of players today than yesterday. Not better, just a lot more of them, more "names" it seems.

Jen is poised, she's just finishing a Profile of Brian Wilson. THAT should make a good read.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 03:14:43 PM »

How's the blonde look going down in Paris? OK I think. A lot of Frenchmren looking at me in a sort of pervy way, for sure.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »

Morning all - I have managed to 'get out of bed' and in fact if I'd known this kind of stuff was being said would have posted earlier...Smiley

They are a little slower off the mark today, and are only just settling down in their assigned seats which have been assigned with the following shock draw:

Dave Colclough, Brian Wilson, Martin de Knijff, Roy the Boy are all on the same table.  Mercy.

And just like yesterday, they've started with not a whisper.  They applauded every day of every event in Vegas; it actually makes a nice change, although tough on reporting accuracy.  HELLO AND WELCOME TO DAY 1, 2.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: