blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Right Play?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Right Play?  (Read 2602 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2006, 04:42:27 PM »

Sitting at a MTT on blonde messing about.

And theres a clown at the table who was all in every hand and continually stealing the blinds. I was thinking to myself first pocket pair I get I'm moving in if he does this again.

We are only 12 hands into the tourney blinds are 20/40 and I find was I right to call his all in move with this hand?  Or could I have waited for a better hand? 

jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »

Assuming he is moving in with completely random hands then thats plenty . I would call with a lot less.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 04:52:21 PM »

the problem with waiting for a better hand is that one might not come up.. or if it does, someone might already have beaten you into the pot and stop you from calling

A10s is about 65% vs a random hand, and I know I am not good enough to turn that down. You dont say what position you are in the betting, ie is he UTG and you are UTG+1 etc... so that will have some sort of impact on the decision whether to play or not.

Absent any of this info, I'd call without giving it a second thought

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 05:03:49 PM »

In this hand he was UTG + 1 I was on the button.

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 05:07:40 PM »

In this hand he was UTG + 1 I was on the button.

yeah insta-call then for me. The only worry there was your position and the fear of a hand behind you, but being on the button its about a 7% or so chance that someone behind you has a hand better then yours.. so its not a very live fear. Obviously the fact that he is UTG+1 isnt too fearful if he is turbo pooooshing every hand!

Nem

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 05:09:25 PM »

What was the buyin for this tournament?
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 06:02:19 PM »

It was a $10 turbo

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 08:35:12 PM »

anyway I amde the call.

Matey had 7c7s

flop came with

I can't remember the turn or rover but sufice to say his 7's stood up! 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »

I'm not a fan of  , it's easy to lose a lot of money overplaying it but on the button against a lunatic I'm calling all day long.
Yes you'll find that you run into pocket pairs and those times tend to stick in your mind but you need to remember that you're going to double up more often than not in this position

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 09:48:01 PM »

I'm not a fan of  , it's easy to lose a lot of money overplaying it but on the button against a lunatic I'm calling all day long.
Yes you'll find that you run into pocket pairs and those times tend to stick in your mind but you need to remember that you're going to double up more often than not in this position

I'm not a great fan of it myself Gatso!

And I agree that more often than not I will come out on top against players like the one I came up against today, now Colchester Kev's AT thats a different matter see my latest post!!

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

Id have folded, witht he blinds at that level theyre not really worth stealing and you never know when a random hand could be a monster or when you're going to get outdrawn.  If he survived until later in the tourney where the blinds were worth stealing then Id insta call but, IMO, there's no need to committ yourself this early.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 10:20:45 AM »

Id have folded, witht he blinds at that level theyre not really worth stealing and you never know when a random hand could be a monster or when you're going to get outdrawn.  If he survived until later in the tourney where the blinds were worth stealing then Id insta call but, IMO, there's no need to committ yourself this early.

Boba, I'd be interested to know what you would need to call in this situation. Are you going to fold KK in this situation because there's a chance you're running into AA? Obviously you need to put your opponent on a range of hands before calling an all in preflop but in this case we're 12 hands in and he's been all in every hand. His range (as long as he hasn't been dealt a monster 12 times on the trot) is any 2 cards, surely A 10 suited on the button is a great oppportunity.

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2006, 10:52:42 AM »

Boba Fett steals Alex Scott's signature!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 10:54:42 AM by Nemesis » Logged
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »

I would call with a big pair, and I dont think calling with AT is a bad call in the situation either but for me, its so early in the tournament, if he wants to steal 60 in blinds Id let him as sooner or later he'll run into a monster and then you can settle in and play your game.  I wouldn't say bandit made a mistake here by calling but personally I would fold because it's my opinion that you dont need to risk all your chips this early in a tournament to someone where it is impossible to predict what he has.

PS:  Im a n00b on the forum...who's Alex Scott and what is he doing with Boba Fett in his sig?  Tongue

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 01:30:24 PM »

Boba Fett, If he is being an idiot wouldn't you want to get his chips before someone else did?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: