blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $1,500 NLH F/O, DAY 1: Live Update - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $1,500 NLH F/O, DAY 1: Live Update - Interactive  (Read 37545 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2006, 05:44:06 AM »

Hello cardplayerbj, good to meet you today. 
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2006, 05:47:35 AM »

lol that was a tricky pic, never even entered my mind that it might be him

Great updates as usual team

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2006, 05:54:16 AM »

A walk out into the Tournament Hall and within a minute, I saw Bhups going all-in!  The pot preflop already had around 4,000 in it, and Mr. Kholi had moved in for about that again... eventually Matey calls his with .  He must have been relatively happy about that - and with the board coming all low he's regained the ground he apparently lost in the last level...

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2006, 06:10:37 AM »

players are now having a Kit-Kat
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2006, 06:29:28 AM »

Players are now throwing their Kit Kat wrappers in the bin.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »

Just 209 remaining.

Londoner Bhupinder Kohli still flying the flag for Britain with 19k.
CardPlayerBJ

American Poker Reporter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2006, 06:43:08 AM »

Hiya, Snoop ... I wasn't sure if that was you in the media room, because you look nothing like the cartoon beagle ... But, when I looked over your shoulder, the forum you were typing on looked VERY familiar. That's when it clicked. At some point, I hope to find the time to introduce myself to Jen and Tikay. It kills me to not be down on the floor with all of my friends in the media.

Unfortunately, I'm locked away in a hotel room here at the Rio, providing updates for Pokerwire.com. It's a very weird situation, based on all of the weird "exclusive" deals that Harrah's signed this year.

Anyway, at least I get to read your updates, which give a much better "feeling" of the action than the official stuff at CP.com.

Yes, I REALLY need to change my screen name. I haven't worked for Card Player since January.

(Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your hello here in the forums, but I'm busy updating 98% of the time.)
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2006, 06:44:52 AM »

208 and falling...they're doing some sort of hand-for-hand (where the dealer on each table stands up to signify that their hand is over) so that must mean.....

STOP!

Bubble Time!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2006, 06:49:22 AM »

snoppy and Jen, its been a superb night of updates ... not enough norkage, but you know that.

Seriously having been there last year, I know how bloody difficult it is to get among the tables for chip counts without the officious suits hassling you every time you try and get over a rope.... Keep up the good work and remember to always play harder than you work Wink

Now i have to Iron a school shirt and trousers, get my son out of bed and into the shower, make him breakfast , give him money and shove him out of the door for school ... then i can get to bed  Smiley    look forward to catching up later ...see ya.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2006, 06:51:25 AM »

Just 209 remaining.

Londoner Bhupinder Kohli still flying the flag for Britain with 19k.

Caught up with him outside the food tent in the last break, and he says he got off to his great start (10k when the average was2k) thanks to a lot of serial callers of a guy with Kings who'd raised to 150 (the blinds being 25/50).  This made him fancy his three diamonds, and when the flop came all diamonds, his accelerated start began.  Then, more recently, it has been his opponents' paying no attention to his rock-like behaviour and calling away when he moved in with his AK (KQ) and KK (10 10) - it does look like it's taken a phenomenal amount of time for them to register that he's not played a hand for 2 hours...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2006, 06:55:43 AM »

snoppy and Jen, its been a superb night of updates ... not enough norkage, but you know that.

Seriously having been there last year, I know how bloody difficult it is to get among the tables for chip counts without the officious suits hassling you every time you try and get over a rope.... Keep up the good work and remember to always play harder than you work Wink

Now i have to Iron a school shirt and trousers, get my son out of bed and into the shower, make him breakfast , give him money and shove him out of the door for school ... then i can get to bed  Smiley    look forward to catching up later ...see ya.

Nighty night Kev - thanks for the encouragement - so glad that some of you UK based insomniacs keep us company.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2006, 06:56:36 AM »

Seated opposite one another are Huck Seed and Padraig Parkinson. Whilst the former World Champion is on a comfortable 18k, the Irishman has dropped to 8k.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2006, 07:11:15 AM »

I think we should pick a couple more players to follow - here we have a Mr. Peperone, pointed out to me by his wife on the rail, who was busy taking (probably much better) pictures of him, and seemed pretty excited by the whole prospect.  to the Peperones if you come across blonde!  Also adopted for Loudness of Shirt.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2006, 07:21:44 AM »

I heard clapping, which means one of two things - someone has gone out of the Feature Table, or the $1,500-ers have made the money...

In any case, play is due to stop after the end of the next level (10), and continue 2pm Vegas Time tomorrow (I know Vegas Time isn't a real Time Zone, by the way).  So that's 10pm for you night owls back in the UK, and pretty much any other time, dependent on geography.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2006, 07:25:02 AM »

Whilst Mateyboy blew down Paul Woolfe's stack creating an empty seat, neighbour Rob Hollink is sitting pretty with 34,800, which is rather good going considering the average is still only 15k. As one of few Europeans, I'm flly backing Mr Hollink in this comp.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: