blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 518872 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: May 14, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »

Danny Mills was on the Radio last night pontificating about Roberto Mancini.

The host asked him if he ever played under a manger who did get on with the players.

His answer really surprised me.

It was something like this. "Yes. David O'Leary. The players hated him. But it didn't mean we didn't try in matches because we were playing for us. But we were desperate for O'Leary to leave".

Any clues to why he was so hated?

He actually applied for the recent job at Leeds Smiley he still lives locally and always lets people know he was sacked, didn't walk away.

O'Leary is O'Leary full of himself i suspect. I remember someone telling me years ago he thought he was Leeds when he was the manager.

7 years since he last worked in British football!

That's amazing as his record at Leeds was pretty bloody good but was it just a legacy of the work of Wilko?

Weren't they called "O'Leary's Babes" or something naff like that?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: May 14, 2013, 09:27:45 PM »

George Graham steadied the ship and brought through alot of kids into the team that O'learly inherited. Given he had a huge budget on players and blew a few prem leads at xmass missing out on champions league spot sealed his fate. We did great in europe for 3 years ish.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:43 AM »

Leeds vs Spurs..
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »

Bates gone

Smiley

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: July 26, 2013, 10:43:31 PM »

Bates gone

Smiley

get the fuk out of OUR club..

New owners just released how deep the hatred for him is.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: July 30, 2013, 03:04:08 PM »

lol at the Bates stories this week, he was claiming £120k a year expenses to fly to the ground every year from France..wp him.

At least the new owners have turned it around in terms of getting the locals/fans back on side. 30k crowd on Saturday expected and optimism ahoy!
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: July 30, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

lol at the Bates stories this week, he was claiming £120k a year expenses to fly to the ground every year from France..wp him.

At least the new owners have turned it around in terms of getting the locals/fans back on side. 30k crowd on Saturday expected and optimism ahoy!

Have ticket prices reduced for the new season or are away fans still looking at £36+ now that he's gone?

I've boycotted on principle for the last two seasons and was hopeful of a change under the new owners.  Am I being naive?

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: July 30, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »

Have ticket prices reduced for the new season or are away fans still looking at £36+ now that he's gone?

I've boycotted on principle for the last two seasons and was hopeful of a change under the new owners.  Am I being naive?

No idea on tickets for away fans sorry. They have made alot of decent offers for students, kids, etc for home fans and generally engaged with fans alot more. Today saw one of the last Bates PR machines go, Yorkshire radio. A station he created which was for a while the only place to listen to leeds games (Dab). So not only could you not watch them you were restricted on listening to them, now the BBC are back to cover all games on local radio and the shitty loss making yorkshire radio is gone.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: July 30, 2013, 11:13:38 PM »

Really pleased Yorkshire radio is gone. So frustrating not being able to listen to the game in the car etc. minster FM was so ridiculous, couldn't get decent reception outside the ground!

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: August 03, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »

Gutted cannot be there today but its a sellout crowd at Leeds Smiley good sign of things to come..
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: August 04, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »

Blimey yesterdays atmosphere reminded me of the good days riding high and playing in Europe. It was a real shame Brighton hardly brought anyone to Elland road, an offside Brighton goal and a handball injury time winner for us, a draw would have been fair against a very good passing Brighton side.

It would be good if all the players we brought it thrived from playing for a big club instead of wilting away like so many have.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: August 08, 2013, 12:07:13 AM »

£36 yes, got my ticket for Wednesday on Saturday week, but slightly reluctantly.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »

Wed is a Cat A game...

Brighton was Cat C so much cheaper..no idea how they work them all out..

I hear they moving to dynamic ticket pricing soon..

Biggest attendance this week? biggest last week? we have a pattern here..
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:48:59 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: August 16, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »

Any truth in the rumour that Leeds away fans (and presumably everyone else this season, unless it's categorized) are being charged £43 a ticket for the Ipswich game?

Scandalous if so, but the info is from a forum post, so treating it with a pinch of salt for now.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: August 28, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

Newcastle away, decent cup draw

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: