blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:16:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272641 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521217 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:44 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/jul/10/ken-bates-libel-trial-defeat-leeds-united-full-story

unreal and not suprising. £0 The amount Bates has put into Leeds since buying them. The article is long but really worth reading to figure out what Bates has really done for Leeds.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 13, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2009/jul/10/ken-bates-libel-trial-defeat-leeds-united-full-story

unreal and not suprising. £0 The amount Bates has put into Leeds since buying them. The article is long but really worth reading to figure out what Bates has really done for Leeds.

very interesting read - you must admit his program notes are superb entertainment...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »

Today...

York 3 - 3 Leeds

you dont understand what friendlies are tone! just a warm up, we played 23 players and a bunch or trialists

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 13, 2009, 10:23:21 PM »

YORKshire YORKshire YORKshire

Grin
Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 13, 2009, 10:26:44 PM »

LOL leeds
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 14, 2009, 12:15:43 AM »

LOL leeds

we sure care about Sheffield Wednesday.

Steelio

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 17, 2009, 02:31:31 PM »

Beckford taken off transfer list, new deal likely then, makes me think Delph could be on his way.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 17, 2009, 03:01:50 PM »

Beckford taken off transfer list, new deal likely then, makes me think Delph could be on his way.

Fait to say he realised he wasn't going to get Prem footy so thought he may as well stay?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 22, 2009, 08:55:39 AM »

Was good at the darts last night, there were signs saying no footy shirts/songs and for the whole night i didnt hear one chant even tho their were obv thousands of pissed up guys in the arena, then suddenly a guy gets up near us who we nickanmed Kimber, because he looked like Jeff Kimber, started bellowing out "Marching On Together".

So all us lot (bar Jones obv) joined in, and then suddenly it got suprisingly loud and i looked round and see like a quarter of the whole room stood up (all littered across different tables) doing the Leeds saulte and singing their hearts out. Was really a brilliant moment for me and i think sometimes i forget how big our following actually is.

We need to get back into the big time so we can go unbabba again.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 22, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »

New Leeds United signing Patrick Kisnorbo turned down the opportunity to play in the Coca-Cola Championship in favour of a move to Elland Road.

The 28-year-old Australian international was attracting interest from a number of Championship clubs following his departure from Leicester City at the end of last season, but he opted for a two-year deal with Leeds United.

"There were other clubs interested, but I saw more in this club than in the others," he explained.

"None of them appealed to me as much as this club.

"Leeds has a great tradition and history and I want to be part of a successful club."

Following his departure from Leicester at the end of last season, the defender had said he would be aiming "to prove a point" to the club following a frustrating season on a personal level.

Despite being a regular for the previous three seasons - clocking up over a century of appearances - he figured just 10 times last term as the Foxes won the League One title.

"They are the ones who let me go and didn't let me play," he said.

"The gaffer there had his own ideas, although I'd played regularly over the previous three years. It wasn't nice, but it's just one of those things.

"But I also want to pay back the staff, the players, and the fans here at Leeds. Everyone has already made me so welcome and shown me support.

"I don't like talking about promotion, it's all about treating each game as it comes."

While the club already has one Australian international in Neil Kilkenny, there is another familiar face in the Leeds camp who Patrick knows well.

"I know Ian Miller from his time at Leicester," said the defender.

"Ian rang me in the summer to ask if I was interested and I was."

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:00 PM »

my previous thoughts on Kisnorbo when asked about him by a Palace fan

"Played in a succession of bad Leicester teams when signed by Levein from hearts. Originally played as a Defensive midfielder but his lack of passing/footballing ability told. Looked a fish out of water. Was put back onto the back four where his solid defending came to the fore and his lack of footballing skills could be masked. Did his knee ligaments just before we went down and by the time he was fit Pearson had a settled team in place. A danger from attacking corners with headers. Vulnerable to small pacey strikers at the back: gives a lot of penalties away. Nice fella, 100%er, a couple of notches below Premiership class"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 23, 2009, 12:48:03 AM »

ty Tighty, should be decent for league one then i figure.

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: July 23, 2009, 01:45:45 AM »

Kisnorbo wasn't too bad in his days at Hearts.

I wish Leeds all the best. But more than that I wish them to be rid of Ken Bates. I think I might even hate him more than Denis Wise, although it's a tough call.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 23, 2009, 10:57:08 PM »

we really needed cover or starting centre back.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 30, 2009, 10:32:47 AM »

0-0 result vs Newcastle, just watched highlights and we seemed to have a few chances. 16000 there not too bad.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: