blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:38:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272637 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521199 times)
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: December 19, 2010, 03:00:09 PM »

Only 12 points from guaranteeing our championship status for another season!  thumbs up

Reckon you will need more than 50 this year!

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: December 20, 2010, 11:43:28 AM »

Maybe, although we are nearly half way through and the bottom 3 have 21, 20 and 19.

In other news, for Leeds fans this is a good vid from Saturday:

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: December 20, 2010, 12:12:19 PM »

lol..good video.

I bet the QPR support had a good day out Smiley must be shit for them supporting a team with no fans.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:45 PM »

lol..good video.

I bet the QPR support had a good day out Smiley must be shit for them supporting a team with no fans.

There would have been 3,000 plus if there were any trains to get on or it wasn't taking 4 hours to get from Central London to junction 10 of the M1.

Apart from that you have a valid point.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: December 20, 2010, 01:19:25 PM »

lol..good video.

There would have been 3,000 plus if there were any trains to get on or it wasn't taking 4 hours to get from Central London to junction 10 of the M1.

Yeah a big day out for QPR Smiley

Pity you got a reet ***** as a manager and he still found time to whine after the match, not for the fact Leeds deserved to win but becasue he thought we celebrated too much Smiley

There's only one Neil Warnock...
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: December 20, 2010, 01:49:59 PM »

lol..good video.

Pity you got a reet ***** as a manager and he still found time to whine after the match, not for the fact Leeds deserved to win but becasue he thought we celebrated too much Smiley

No, not a "big day out" at all.

QPR's away support is very big and loyal.

Compared to the only London club of similar size (Fulham) we regularly take double the amount of supporters to away games than they do despite being a league below.

I understand beating the league leaders is a big thing for you and you are entitled to be a little bit excited.

Just calm down and hope the downswing doesn't hit you too hard..

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: December 20, 2010, 02:31:19 PM »

I don't get it? European champions?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: December 20, 2010, 02:59:51 PM »

Relates to the 1975 European Cup final where we lost to Bayern Munich although there were some shocking decisions and the ref later came out and admitted he had been bribed by Bayern.

One of footballs greatest injustices.

Someone older will be able to explain better.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: December 20, 2010, 03:16:30 PM »

lol..good video.

No, not a "big day out" at all.

QPR's away support is very big and loyal.

Compared to the only London club of similar size (Fulham) we regularly take double the amount of supporters to away games than they do despite being a league below.

I understand beating the league leaders is a big thing for you and you are entitled to be a little bit excited.

Just calm down and hope the downswing doesn't hit you too hard..

Yeah I do agree, we keep going on swings lose 4 win 4 lose 4..score lots of goals but concede lots.

I guess the win and the manner of victory (cleansheet without 4 1st team CB's playing) was the pleasing thing. Maybe the fans/players enjoyed it more than the managment team. I and all other Leeds fans aint even thought about promotion this season, I still look at how many points of relegation we are!

So to be in second is a bit of a haze, to be in 2nd and to realise QPR are not the great team their long unbeaten run had us believe (although Steve Claridge did a fine writeup the other week about how the QPR defence was alot weaker than the figures suggested) gives me a little confidence with a good run and some loan signings made permenant we can push for a playoff place at the end of the season.

Having Snodgrass back from his bad injury at the start of the season has also made a big difference, the back four with O'brien are looking solid for once. Hopefully no more Barnsley or PNE results again.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: December 20, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »

Relates to the 1975 European Cup final where we lost to Bayern Munich although there were some shocking decisions and the ref later came out and admitted he had been bribed by Bayern.

I often think about this match, it seems in those days Refs took bribes all the time. Leeds and other English teams had to beat the team and the ref on many ties. This ref in particular was a wrong un, he gave them everything and was just waiting for a Munich player to roll over in the box and boom pen. We had 2 clear and I mean clear cut pens turned down. It is and was an embarrassment, the Munich players on reflection still say to this day Leeds were the real winners. The ref was banned for life. The result stood..what a complete joke.

My Dad was at the game, he is still really pissed off over it.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 03:22:02 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
Madone

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: December 20, 2010, 03:27:12 PM »

I often think about this match, it seems in those days Refs took bribes all the time. Leeds and other English teams had to beat the team and the ref on many ties. This ref in particular was a wrong un, he gave them everything and was just waiting for a Munich player to roll over in the box and boom pen. We had 2 clear and I mean clear cut pens turned down. It is and was an embarrassment, the Munich players on reflection still say to this day Leeds were the real winners. The ref was banned for life. The result stood..what a complete joke.

My Dad was at the game, he is still really pissed off over it.

Apprantely the same thing happened with spurs in the 60s when they made the semi final against Benfica, when whoever won that game would have been massive favourites in the final, the ref never gave spurs one decision over the 2 legs.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1766 on: December 20, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »

Watch "The two Escobars" on Sky Anytime...and then mention bribed referees again.

Soo sick.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: December 20, 2010, 05:00:12 PM »

Leeds Xmas party

Click to see full-size image.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: December 20, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »

Acidmouse >>>>>> The Camel

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: December 20, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »

lol..good video.

Big day out???  is this the reason why most teams hate Leeds?? cos  Leeds  fans think going to Leeds is a big day out?

Just remember your not famas anymore

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: