blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521116 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: July 18, 2011, 11:15:19 AM »

Max Gradel will only sign a new contract if it is £25,000 p/w his agent says in the Sunday Times.

lol 25k a week...gtf you little rat.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 18, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »

Max Gradel will only sign a new contract if it is £25,000 p/w his agent says in the Sunday Times.

lol 25k a week...gtf you little rat.

Greedy agents.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 18, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »

Good to see Simon is learning from Ken by banning all Leeds players from twitter.

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 18, 2011, 06:32:32 PM »

Happy to see the twitter ban enforced. He had no real choice when one of the players made a mistake which could potentially cost the club £50,000+.

All we will miss out on is the players telling us "just in nandos with Ramon and Davide bruvs".

On the Gradel situation it needs sorting out sooner rather than later. We can't just let it ride out to him going on a free nxt summer when hes worth 2m+ atm.

Either sell him now and bring in a replacement or, and this would be my preference, give him a new contract which see's him made the highest paid player at the club, given the fact that he is our best player, it seems fair.

Although this has to be carefully balanced with the fact that other players might want wages to match and it might upset the applecart. So it can't be ridic like 25k a week, offer him like 14k a week, see what HE says.

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 18, 2011, 06:38:08 PM »

Happy to see the twitter ban enforced. He had no real choice when one of the players made a mistake which could potentially cost the club £50,000+.

All we will miss out on is the players telling us "just in nandos with Ramon and Davide bruvs".

On the Gradel situation it needs sorting out sooner rather than later. We can't just let it ride out to him going on a free nxt summer when hes worth 2m+ atm.

Either sell him now and bring in a replacement or, and this would be my preference, give him a new contract which see's him made the highest paid player at the club, given the fact that he is our best player, it seems fair.

Although this has to be carefully balanced with the fact that other players might want wages to match and it might upset the applecart. So it can't be ridic like 25k a week, offer him like 14k a week, see what HE says.

Lol @ costing the club 50k. Everyone who follows Leeds closely knew he was out with a serious injury. I even informed you he was out for 6 months days before he "leaked" this on twitter.

If the Agents/managers didn't know this they should really look into a new career.

Just another way to distance the already unhappy fans from the players.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 18, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »

The only people that are unhappy are those who fail to appreciate the things Simon and Ken have done for us in the last couple of years.

2 very good seasons since SG has been fully in charge.

Maybe if you actually attended games and had been at Old Trafford on the best day of my life you would think differently. The Bristol Rovers game was amazing aswell. Unforgettable moments.

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 18, 2011, 06:47:40 PM »

The only people that are unhappy are those who fail to appreciate the things Simon and Ken have done for us in the last couple of years.

Maybe if you actually attended games and had been at Old Trafford on the best day of my life you would think differently. The Bristol Rovers game was amazing aswell. Unforgettable moments.

I was there pal, i think i even met you and steele for a pint b4 hand.

So what i don't have a season ticket, but i don't have one bought for me every year like you.

The majority of Leeds fans are unhappy at the moment as they can see the lack of ambition we have, Kens just happy to rake in the profits and Lets us remain where we are.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 18, 2011, 06:48:56 PM »

I had to buy my own this year, my Dad won't get me one now until I get a job.

I know you were at Bristol Rovers game but probably the one game that season you went to.

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 18, 2011, 06:51:48 PM »

I had to buy my own this year, my Dad won't get me one now until I get a job.

I know you were at Bristol Rovers game but probably the one game that season you went to.

Hahaha million you bought your own.

I believe i went to 7 or 8 games that season

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 18, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »

I miss the bollocks they talked about on twitter, I would bet 99.9% of it from all the Leeds players was utter bollocks about FIFA or Xbox games but a policy of non footy stuff would have been a suffice ban.

I wonder has SG been held back from major signings due to the purse strings being tight? not saying boom and bust is the way to go but I would like to see us hold on to players and attract a little better quality ones that we seem to do currently under Bates.

I really think we missed the boat last season, just some really good signings at xmass to tighten up the defence and none of these shit midfield loans and we could have easily shipped a playoff spot. Did SG have to go for loan signings instead of the real targets that would have cost us realy money?

This year is a daunting prospect given our comings and goings so far.

Just look on the WACCOE forums to see how the fans are reacting, it sure aint positive right now. 
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 18, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »

I miss the bollocks they talked about on twitter, I would bet 99.9% of it from all the Leeds players was utter bollocks about FIFA or Xbox games but a policy of non footy stuff would have been a suffice ban.

I wonder has SG been held back from major signings due to the purse strings being tight? not saying boom and bust is the way to go but I would like to see us hold on to players and attract a little better quality ones that we seem to do currently under Bates.

I really think we missed the boat last season, just some really good signings at xmass to tighten up the defence and none of these shit midfield loans and we could have easily shipped a playoff spot. Did SG have to go for loan signings instead of the real targets that would have cost us realy money?

This year is a daunting prospect given our comings and goings so far.

Just look on the WACCOE forums to see how the fans are reacting, it sure aint positive right now. 

I agree, i can see why some ppl are wary about spending after our past, but it's not like where asking for millions and players on £20k a week for 5 years. Just a little investment.

I still really can't get my head around the fact we can spend £7m on a museum which lets be honest apart from the odd tourist who's going to go to it and not invest on players/locking up decent contracts.

We have to sell to strengthen. We sold Kasper and have got blackpools 3rd keeper to become our 2nd and Looking for a loanee who can be recalled at 48 hours notice.

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 18, 2011, 09:00:13 PM »

GK - Sold Kasper to strengthen, acquired Paul Rachubka who played 1 league game last year.
LB - Federico Bessone - voted 1 of the worst signings in recent history, dropped.Not taken on pre season
LB - Ben Parker - Good player,Injured for nearly 2 years.
LB - Aidy White - Great potential, seems to want to turn in to a LM though
DC - Patrick Kisnorbo - Superb player, unfortunately hasn't played a game for 15 months
DC - Andy O'Brien - Average championship def. Currently injured should be ok for the start of the season (hopefully)
DC - Alex Bruce mediocre defender.
DRC - Tom Lees - Youngster, not much known 
RB - Eric Lichaj has gone back to villa but Paul Connolly isn't bad.
LRM (FW) - Maxwell Gradel - super player may not be with us shortly.
CM - Jonny Howson - Great player, Captain for most of last season,would die for Leeds.
CM - Clayton - played 1 or 2 games didn't look good
LRM Lloyd Sam - potential, but was inj last season
LRM Robert Snodgrass - Great player.
LM (S) Ramon Nunez Relatively unknown but this guy could become a superstar.
S - Davide Somma, great player even though only given limited chances. this was his year to break through, injured for 6-9 months
S - Luciano Becchio - 1st choice striker, sill injured though from the end of last season, i doubt he'll' start the season.
S - Ross Mccormack - Didn't really shine last season but showed potential.
S - Billy Paynter- biggest joke since Thomas Brolin

Missed anyone?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:10:38 PM by Linux » Logged

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 18, 2011, 09:06:53 PM »

v good summary although almost certain Tom Lees is a defender.

Everywhere on the internet certainly seems to suggest he is a RBCB. And whenever i've seen him play hes been at the back.

Only areas I would disagree are that Andy O'Brien is definetly better than an average championship defender and might be a little early to call Somma a great player lol. A great finisher yes but needs to work on every other area of his game.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 18, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »

did you watch dispatches?

Leeds for sale, hawked out to dodgy Thais

Just like we were. Good while it lasts but as Birmingham are about to find out, scary when it goes wrong

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 18, 2011, 09:11:13 PM »

v good summary although almost certain Tom Lees is a defender.

Everywhere on the internet certainly seems to suggest he is a RBCB. And whenever i've seen him play hes been at the back.

Only areas I would disagree are that Andy O'Brien is definetly better than an average championship defender and might be a little early to call Somma a great player lol. A great finisher yes but needs to work on every other area of his game.

My bad, edited

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 139 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: