blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 10:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272636 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521193 times)
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2025 on: July 18, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

did you watch dispatches?

Leeds for sale, hawked out to dodgy Thais

Just like we were. Good while it lasts but as Birmingham are about to find out, scary when it goes wrong

Going to watch on 4od later

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: July 18, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »

Just like we were. Good while it lasts but as Birmingham are about to find out, scary when it goes wrong

Going to watch on 4od later

Just watched now, scary stuff

This our current ownership structure

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:05 AM »

Boy your lot are in for a beating in the cup.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:58 AM »

Why, who've we got?

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: July 19, 2011, 06:52:55 PM »

Why, who've we got?

Not sure. Can't be a big club...

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: July 19, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »

Oh god, look at our number 19

Kisnobro, Sam and Snodgrass all injured.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: July 21, 2011, 12:54:54 AM »

The Saviour's reply:

BF: Now this week there has been a dispatches programme on Channel 4, looking into how you purchase a football club. Did you see the show and what did you make of it?

KB: Well I did see the show but actually Ben it was about how not to purchase a football club. It was shallow, in the way most of these so-called documentaries are. You know, you get bits of players playing football and this and that, much of which is irrelevant but fills up the time. What came out of it very badly of course, was Bryan Robson and he’s the Director of Football or something in Thailand for the national team and he’s associated with that fat slob sitting in the bar and he, in fact, also introduced this guy to Alex Ferguson. I would have thought Ferguson would have been absolutely horrified when it was shown to him because it tends to suggest that this fella is intimate friends with Ferguson who can lend players to any club this guy purports to buy, which of course is total bloody tommyrot. Anyway, you had a situation in a bar, which is a good place of course to negotiate secret discussions, and he started boasting that this club was for sale and that club was for sale but what annoyed me is he mentioned Leeds. Now I make quite clear, A) Leeds is not for sale B) If it was for sale, we wouldn’t be discussing it and asking some fat Thai slob sitting in bar running our affairs for us. It’s rather more professional at Leeds. It was a bit of a no show, the fact the fat guy was so easily bamboozled by the fake sheikh approach of the dispatches people. The whole thing looked a laugh. Or was it indeed, and I asked myself, a con? Whereas the Dispatches people were obviously conning the Thai guy, was the Thai guy thinking he had a sucker here where he could take a few bob off him? In fact Ben, I was thinking of a separate interview we could do on LUTV as you suggested earlier, I could do a short programme telling the fans of all the would-be people who have come along to Leeds and tried to sucker Leeds United into parting with money, including one agent who was a genuine agent who actually conned into paying £140,000 up front to a another crocked who was so hoping, promising to bring money into Leeds but of course it never materialised. We were never at risk. We saw through the guy immediately when we met him. Successful businessmen do not do business through the newspapers or through TV. They do it through closed doors, they do it in offices. They don’t do it in hotel bedrooms where Eriksson has been turned over once or twice. And they don’t do it in bars or pubs which can all be wired for sound. They do it offices, preferably their own or their lawyers.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: July 21, 2011, 04:03:32 PM »

interesting Yep article by dom matteo about the fact we have not made any significant signings with two weeks left before the first game of the season. How the fans, players are pessimistic about the season before it's begun. If the players already feel like this them we are really in trouble, we need 3-4 first team players signed before the end if next week else we will be fighting for mid table safety next season.

For whatever reason no one who's decent has signed yet, I don't care why or how but we need them in to improve not just the squad but the moral of the players and fans.
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: July 21, 2011, 04:07:10 PM »

interesting Yep article by dom matteo about the fact we have not made any significant signings with two weeks left before the first game of the season. How the fans, players are pessimistic about the season before it's begun. If the players already feel like this them we are really in trouble, we need 3-4 first team players signed before the end if next week else we will be fighting for mid table safety next season.

For whatever reason no one who's decent has signed yet, I don't care why or how but we need them in to improve not just the squad but the moral of the players and fans.

Great article http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds_united_money_talks_and_whites_silence_is_deafening_matteo_1_3603053

Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: July 21, 2011, 04:09:09 PM »

Thoughts on new kit. I love it

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: July 22, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »

Its okay if you're a Scottish referee.

Its minging. I wish the luminous bits were like gold or something, might look alright.

That being said I'll probably get it......I do a lot of bike riding at night

MILLION

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: July 28, 2011, 02:41:59 PM »

Leeds sign someone Smiley
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: July 28, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »

Surely that qualfies as child abuse  Wink

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: July 28, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »

Surely that qualfies as child abuse  Wink

Poor kid. Will be a man u fan before the age of 16.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Linux
lol pwnd

View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: July 31, 2011, 10:24:47 PM »

Great game today with BH, brilliant atmosphere.

Billy finally scored, thats 2 in 13 months i think.

Video i took

Song of the day has to be "are you Blackpool in disguise"

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: