blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 520883 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: October 20, 2012, 10:34:00 AM »

Some of the comments on here from Leeds fans focussing on Dave Jones begger belief to be honest.

When you listen to his interview he was talking in the main about a Leeds fan assault his player.

He was also quoted as saying Leeds fans are all vile animals.

I can only imagine what the hundreds of women and kids in the away end thought when they saw this comment, horrible man.

The facts are:

- A lot of scummy Wednesday fans started and ignited it all singing about murders in Turkey, something which turned a nice atmosphere nasty. And something I was surprised with given the recently much publicised events surrounding their club.
- Leeds fans couldn't wait to react and start being violent because we still have a large number of hooligans in our support, more than most other clubs for sure.
- The guy on the pitch was a moron, no one would defend his actions
- Dave Jones is a prick and always has been
- RickBFA didn't go to the game

I was there - have a season ticket in the South Stand.

What I said was accurate.

I know alot more about the hooligan element at Leeds than I should admit on a public forum. I have the dubious pleasure of knowing one of them very, very well.

The problem at Leeds is way,way, bigger than at almost any other club in the country.

Ofcourse every club has its share of mindless idiots but Leeds has alot of them. They were in Sheffield yesterday afternoon, hundreds  of them,in their thirties and forties, out drinking looking for trouble. The guy I know texted me moaning they couldn't find anyone to fight with.

Leeds do have a bigger problem than most - and that aint going away.

Those guys dont act in a rational manner inside or outside a football ground.

I'd keep calling Dave Jones a prick though - that's more relevant clearly.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: October 20, 2012, 10:36:34 AM »

I believe the nickname "Dirty Leeds" came from their style of play in the 70s or whenever but I have seen some of the fans wear the name with pride acting up as if it is a reflection of their own personalities. Obv probs over 90% of fans are legit nice people just following their club but its the headline grabbing rogues that people remember and Leeds do seem to have had their fair share of them. If someone says hooligans I automatically think Leeds, Cardiff and Millwall and it's because of complete mugs like this guy. This kid is a pure out and out thug, history of it from young, banned from all grounds at 16, his mobile number is on twitter, hope he gets the book. Utter scum bag.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: October 20, 2012, 10:39:07 AM »

All reasonable points Rick but it doesn't change the fact that you said the chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fans which is just not what happened at all as I've said like three times, there was no aggro during the game till the 68th minute when the atmosphere instantly turned nasty.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 20, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »

Some of the comments on here from Leeds fans focussing on Dave Jones begger belief to be honest.

When you listen to his interview he was talking in the main about a Leeds fan assault his player.

But comparing Leeds fans behaviour to Wednesday fans is frankly a joke.

The chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fan. They were the ones running on the pitch, charging at the home support, ripping seats up, throwing them and assaulting the Wednesday player.

Some comments from Leeds fans remind me of an alcoholic who is in denial about drinking. You have a problem - but keep focussing on Dave Jones eh? Totally deluded.

He was asked specifically if all Leeds fans were vile he said yes and them ALL should be banned. Thats the reason you HAVE to focus on Jones comments, as being selective with taking the moral highground can come back to bite you.

No one has said sickening chants is good or the pratt who attacked the player was acceptable but what Leeds fans are saying is it was ONE idiot that crossed the line and the chants had mitigating circumstances. What does not help is people trolling with 1st hand experiances of how bad Leeds fans have been, or coming on with half truths when they didn't go to the game. Brent did go and let us know what the Leeds fans did and reacted to. As some of us suspected there is always a few sides to a story and it is beyond lazy and tilting to just post crap about how bad Leeds fans are.

The wider question to what tikey alluded to was how to cut out the morons in football. Why was this lad allowed in? he was perm banned and should not have been there in the first place. How come when tensions were rising there was only like 10 stewards infront of 6000 leeds fans? a mini pitch invasion or close to one was always going to happen if tensions were high.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 20, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

But comparing Leeds fans behaviour to Wednesday fans is frankly a joke.

The chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fan. They were the ones running on the pitch, charging at the home support, ripping seats up, throwing them and assaulting the Wednesday player.

Some comments from Leeds fans remind me of an alcoholic who is in denial about drinking. You have a problem - but keep focussing on Dave Jones eh? Totally deluded.

He was asked specifically if all Leeds fans were vile he said yes and them ALL should be banned. Thats the reason you HAVE to focus on Jones comments, as being selective with taking the moral highground can come back to bite you.

No one has said sickening chants is good or the pratt who attacked the player was acceptable but what Leeds fans are saying is it was ONE idiot that crossed the line and the chants had mitigating circumstances. What does not help is people trolling with 1st hand experiances of how bad Leeds fans have been, or coming on with half truths when they didn't go to the game. Brent did go and let us know what the Leeds fans did and reacted to. As some of us suspected there is always a few sides to a story and it is beyond lazy and tilting to just post crap about how bad Leeds fans are.

The wider question to what tikey alluded to was how to cut out the morons in football. Why was this lad allowed in? he was perm banned and should not have been there in the first place. How come when tensions were rising there was only like 10 stewards infront of 6000 leeds fans? a mini pitch invasion or close to one was always going to happen if tensions were high.

Jones was upset - understandably so.

Ofcourse all Leeds fans aren't vile. Most are ordinary decent people.

The problem is the proportionately larger element that cause you a problem.

Its difficult to stop banned individuals going to away games when these lads buy each other tickets. They are so deluded that getting a banned individual a ticket for an away game is seen as totally acceptable. Very difficult to stop with 5,500 fans going into an away stadium on a dark friday night.

The other problem is that historically the club and ordinary fans get punished for the actions of a small percentage. That will never change. It happened to Wednesday in the late seventies/early eighties when we got banned from away games because of trouble at an away game at Oldham.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 20, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »

I was there and I'm Wednesday.

No justification for Kirkland getting smacked.

"We" went down the galatasaray road. I got myself into trouble in the first half for telling lads to shut up when they were singing about it. Disgusting and embarrassing stuff.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 20, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »

"We" went down the galatasaray road. I got myself into trouble in the first half for telling lads to shut up when they were singing about it. Disgusting and embarrassing stuff.

They don't mean it though, do they? They just think it's "big" to utter such things. Peer presure & all that. Amazingly, incredibly, powerful, the mind undergoes some strange changes when a bunch of folks hunt in a pack. .

PS - NOT defending it, or them, not at all. Just find everything about it mystifying & very very interesting. To solve it we need to understand it. I certainly don't understand it, but I honestly don't think they really mean these things.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 20, 2012, 04:24:52 PM »

They don't mean it though, do they? They just think it's "big" to utter such things. Peer presure & all that. Amazingly, incredibly, powerful, the mind undergoes some strange changes when a bunch of folks hunt in a pack. .

PS - NOT defending it, or them, not at all. Just find everything about it mystifying & very very interesting. To solve it we need to understand it. I certainly don't understand it, but I honestly don't think they really mean these things.

A lot of it's to do with drink, for sure 90%+ of them don't actually mean it and don't think about how offensive it actually is.

Also NOT defending it ofc.
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 20, 2012, 06:26:42 PM »

The Turkish chant was obviously vile from the Wednesday fans. I was kind of surprised from our lot (Leeds and Wednesday both have much more bitter rivals), but it's a moment that doesn't seem too surprising at a football match.

However, the equally vile chant from Leeds was the first moment I've ever been surprised at a football match. "There's only one Jimmy Saville" Five minutes later, I was still thinking "did I really hear that?"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 20, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »

The unwashed scum did exactly the same in the Tyne wear derby not so long ago, hardly anything was said. Sad thing is, if Kirkland twatted the guy he'd get sent off and a huge ban. Joke.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: October 20, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »

The unwashed scum did exactly the same in the Tyne wear derby not so long ago, hardly anything was said. Sad thing is, if Kirkland twatted the guy he'd get sent off and a huge ban. Joke.

this really pisses me off, i honestly think if anybody goes on the pitch the players should be allowed to kick & punch them.  like in the 70s

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
easypickings

View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 20, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »

Serious question for Leeds fans itt:

If the players had decided to not come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans, where would it have been on the spectrum from a classy and strong gesture, to an unbalanced reaction, unfair on the peaceful fans who had made so much noise throughout the game?

Personally, at the time, I was angry that they didn't make this gesture (am I right in thiking they hesitated and nearly did walk down the tunnel?), but on reflection, it might not be so simple.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: October 20, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »

Serious question for Leeds fans itt:

If the players had decided to not come over at the end of the game to applaud the fans, where would it have been on the spectrum from a classy and strong gesture, to an unbalanced reaction, unfair on the peaceful fans who had made so much noise throughout the game?

Personally, at the time, I was angry that they didn't make this gesture (am I right in thiking they hesitated and nearly did walk down the tunnel?), but on reflection, it might not be so simple.

i wasn't at the game but doubt i would have been bothered by the players just leaving the pitch after what happened

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 20, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »

Some of them aren't scum thought met Tongue

Seriously though, that kinda sums it up really. I've regularly referred to them as scum also, and don't believe me or Pads are terrible people just everyone up here refers to them like that and you don't really give it enough thought to consider even what your saying.

Singing songs about Jimmy Saville is literally baffling, I can't get my head around that.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 20, 2012, 06:50:00 PM »

Some of them aren't scum thought met Tongue

Seriously though, that kinda sums it up really. I've regularly referred to them as scum also, and don't believe me or Pads are terrible people just everyone up here refers to them like that and you don't really give it enough thought to consider even what your saying.

Singing songs about Jimmy Saville is literally baffling, I can't get my head around that.

me either but did you watch the derren brown program where he had an audience controlling the fate of some young chap?  They had to choose if they wanted to do something nice or horrible, in the end they had smashed up his flat & arranged for him to be kidnapped.  Mob mentality, its unbelievable in he cold light of day that they sang that stuff about saville

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: