blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 06:47:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521157 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2505 on: October 20, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »

a lot of scumbag leeds there last night acting up and kicking off in town from 3pm, smashing pubs up etc
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: October 20, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »

a lot of scumbag leeds there last night acting up and kicking off in town from 3pm, smashing pubs up etc

why a game like this was played on a friday evening i will never know*.  i know the rivalry isnt massive, but such a local game was bound to have people travelling early for the all day session.

*not condoning smashing up pubs.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: October 20, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »

The unwashed scum did exactly the same in the Tyne wear derby not so long ago, hardly anything was said. Sad thing is, if Kirkland twatted the guy he'd get sent off and a huge ban. Joke.

Some of them aren't scum thought met Tongue

Seriously though, that kinda sums it up really. I've regularly referred to them as scum also, and don't believe me or Pads are terrible people just everyone up here refers to them like that and you don't really give it enough thought to consider even what your saying.

Singing songs about Jimmy Saville is literally baffling, I can't get my head around that.

me either but did you watch the derren brown program where he had an audience controlling the fate of some young chap?  They had to choose if they wanted to do something nice or horrible, in the end they had smashed up his flat & arranged for him to be kidnapped.  Mob mentality, its unbelievable in he cold light of day that they sang that stuff about saville

I did, it was excellent.

Not sure these two situations are the same though.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: October 20, 2012, 07:15:09 PM »

The unwashed scum did exactly the same in the Tyne wear derby not so long ago, hardly anything was said. Sad thing is, if Kirkland twatted the guy he'd get sent off and a huge ban. Joke.

Seriously though, that kinda sums it up really. I've regularly referred to them as scum also, and don't believe me or Pads are terrible people just everyone up here refers to them like that and you don't really give it enough thought to consider even what your saying.

Singing songs about Jimmy Saville is literally baffling, I can't get my head around that.

me either but did you watch the derren brown program where he had an audience controlling the fate of some young chap?  They had to choose if they wanted to do something nice or horrible, in the end they had smashed up his flat & arranged for him to be kidnapped.  Mob mentality, its unbelievable in he cold light of day that they sang that stuff about saville

I did, it was excellent.

it demonstrated that crowds of people follow, i am sure that every few individuals would condone or start songs regarding saville but as a crowd at a football game full of beer more would join in than normal. 

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »

I did, it was excellent.

it demonstrated that crowds of people follow, i am sure that every few individuals would condone or start songs regarding saville but as a crowd at a football game full of beer more would join in than normal. 

I understood why that happened though, Derren Brown made everyone hate the guy first and then it just got out of hand.

As I said yday I understand why people sing about Hillsborough, Turkey, Munich even though it is clearly very wrong.

I have absolutely no idea why people would think to sing songs about Jimmy Saville, nevermind positive songs about him, huge WTF ?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2510 on: October 20, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »

because a) he was from leeds, and b) leeds fans love thier own image of bad boys
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: October 20, 2012, 07:47:14 PM »

because a) he was from leeds, and b) leeds fans love thier own image of bad boys

Didn't know he was from Leeds, still pretty baffling though.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: October 20, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »

Hes long been a bit of a folk hero for Leeds fans Monda.

When we beat Arsenal 3-2 at Highbury to stay up in 2003 about 100 fans dressed up as him (can't find any pics or vids of this now)

and then last season in the FA Cup at Arsenal a few must have kept their outfits and decided to do the same:

1min +

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: October 20, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »

I guess it makes some sense then. Still pretty messed up though.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: October 20, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »

cool story bro.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: October 20, 2012, 10:28:58 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

wp to the palace fans against millwall today Smiley
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2516 on: October 20, 2012, 11:28:30 PM »

cool story bro.

i saw it with my own eyes
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: October 21, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

cool story bro.

i saw it with my own eyes

I am guessing this happens virtually all away games, you got loads of Leeds pricks going looking for fights before games, taking over certain pubs, getting pissed up being arses. That was the point.
AceHighSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: October 21, 2012, 06:19:13 PM »

In my experience of travelling to games all over the country Leeds fans are in my top 5 of total scumbags.  I know there will be an element that are decent people who just like going to watch their team but unfortunately this means nothing, a club is judged by its worse element.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: October 21, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »

In my experience of travelling to games all over the country Leeds fans are in my top 5 of total scumbags.  I know there will be an element that are decent people who just like going to watch their team but unfortunately this means nothing, a club is judged by its worse element.

I would say based on Leeds having the largest away support in the country outside the top 5 in the prem yes sadly this is true, but still a small percentage of the whole support that actually travel.

It has not changed since the times I went to every home/away game. I used to learn not to go with the rest of the Leeds fans in away cities just do our own thing and keep quiet else you asking for trouble. Most of the old scum just like to talk about it these days on WACCEO / LSC forums but yeah still a few hundred looking to kick off outside the grounds.

There is a reason beyond the playing team that we are still the most hated team in England, until all the scum fans from Leeds stop singing about Saville and other nonsense stuff this will continue.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:44:15 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: