blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:10:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521088 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:13 PM »

4months in jail for the slap, hope he aint a pocket boy in there for his sake.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: October 22, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »

Couple of the lads were at the game yday, cameback in the bar singing:

"He's Cattermoles Dad, he's Cattermoles Dad, Jimmy Savile is Cattermoles Dad"

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: October 22, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

The chanting was started in the first half by Leeds fan. They were the ones running on the pitch, charging at the home support, ripping seats up, throwing them and assaulting the Wednesday player.

This is at odds with SW fans forums admitting the atmosphere turned sour when the SW fans sung about the killings. Did you see how the SW fans ran the 20 yards to goad the Leeds fans after they scored? in the stand next to them. The stewards had to get them back from baying the Leeds fans? Did you read the SW forums asking for their fans not to sing about the killings before? like they sung at Elland road last time they were there?

You see I don't mind people dissing vile Leeds fans (and believe me there are a few) but when people come on here and post what they say is fact but does not take into account other peoples viewpoints and recollections of the event then we have a problem.

as to aaron: There were reported problems with the stewards before the game across the forums. Entering the stadium was a problem and very slow apparently, a lot of fans queuing for 30mins to be searched and get in late. I guess some vented nothing new.

Fans running on to the edge of the pitch happens at a lot of games these days, no idea why they do it, what they were trying to do but I guess they get over excited. Really wish it didn't happen not just at that game but everywhere.

I've read the view from plenty of Wednesday fans that Leeds started the chanting in the first half.

But that's almost irrelevant. Chants from Wednesday fans don't excuse ripping up seats, tearing down advertising hoardings, smashing up toilets and kiosks, trying to charge the North Stand and running on the pitch/assaulting a player.

The scale of the problems caused by Leeds fans frankly dwarfs the action of any idiotic Wednesday fans chanting.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: October 22, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »

No one is saying its an excuse, everyone knows there are lot of Leeds thugs/idiots. The key is that is was not as one sided as people try to make out.

Tell us something we don't know.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: October 22, 2012, 01:18:14 PM »

No one is saying its an excuse, everyone knows there are lot of Leeds thugs/idiots. The key is that is was not as one sided as people try to make out.

But some of your fans are trying to excuse it, because of the chanting. Perhaps trying to even it up.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: October 22, 2012, 01:28:55 PM »

But some of your fans are trying to excuse it, because of the chanting. Perhaps trying to even it up.

I think the majority are saying the coverage has been totally one sided and even Jones does not acknowledge any SW fans singing vile songs, which is bad especially if you are taking a high moral stance on sick chants.

Highlighting this gives you a more balanced idea on what/why it happened. Obviously the Leeds fans went on a rampage, zero excuses for stuff that happened, normal, intelligent fans can see this.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 22, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »

He only got 4 months for assault live on tv, after the guy that interrupted the boat race got 6??

Joke rulling should have given him a year.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 22, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

He only got 4 months for assault live on tv, after the guy that interrupted the boat race got 6??

how does he afford to go home and away games? when on the dole lol..bates needs to raise the ticket prices obv.
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: October 22, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »

how does he afford to go home and away games? when on the dole lol..bates needs to raise the ticket prices obv.

he's a professional fraudster ldo.

The worst thing about this guy is he is from cheltenham, we are getting all this negative attention for a cockney white

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 22, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »

The court heard Cawley had been drinking heavily and had already breached two previous banning orders.
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

Our one disappointment is that we feel the sentence could, and should, have been considerably longer”

Leeds United Football Club

Prosecutor Paul Macauley said Cawley told police he had drunk a number of cans of lager and three-quarters of a litre of vodka before arriving in Sheffield and then had a further seven to 10 pints of cider.

Mr Macauley said he was "so drunk" he did not remember what happened, and only realised after seeing the footage.

District Judge Redhouse heard that Cawley emailed the police to say sorry and also emailed Sky Sports, which broadcast the match, in the hope his apology would be passed on to the two clubs and Kirkland.

A spokesman for Leeds United said: "We are pleased to see the matter dealt with by the courts so quickly.

"The club will also ban the individual for life from Elland Road when this banning order expires.

"While we are pleased to see justice brought so quickly, our one disappointment is that we feel the sentence could, and should, have been considerably longer."

Just the cans of lager, most of a bottle of vodka and cans of cider then....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 22, 2012, 06:07:36 PM »

Well worth a read

http://www.owlsalive.com/featured/2012/10/22/people-in-glass-houses/

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 22, 2012, 06:49:56 PM »

The worst thing about this guy is he is from cheltenham, we are getting all this negative attention for a cockney white
lol cockney white. Typical Dee Da. Everything south of Yorkshire is London. Everything North of Yorkshire is Scotland Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 22, 2012, 08:30:35 PM »

Reverse fixture will be fine, will be no doubt moved to a midday Saturday kick off with ticket prices through the roof.

gouty

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:10 PM »

Not really a footy fan myself but really enjoyed reading this thread since Friday.

I think it's great that he ends up banged up straight away on the Monday after what he did on the previous Friday night. Superb message sent there surely?

Also seems Cheltenham has been his home all his life. It could of been any club this nutter chose to support in the playground years ago. Unlucky Leeds.

As far as football chanting goes there are some classics on YouTube. The Jimmy Savile chant could of been an en masse satirical masterpiece. If it was Frankie Boyle no one would give a toss.

sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: October 22, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »

lol cockney white. Typical Dee Da. Everything south of Yorkshire is London. Everything North of Yorkshire is Scotland Smiley

didn't get any bites Sad

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: