blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:16:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521059 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2008, 07:45:31 AM »

From the report, the main reason Leeds lost appeal " LeedsNEwco signed an undertaking not to challenge the 15 points deduction in return for receiving the golden share"....quite funny really, lets hope we get up auto and Leeds luckbox the lottery which is the play offs..

PS
Not a "Leeds hater" either. If it wasn't for Leeds, Cloughie would never have come to Forest and we'd never have won the League, 2 European Cups, 4 League Cups etc, TYVM Leeds Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:47:27 AM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Steelio

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2008, 10:19:51 AM »

From the report, the main reason Leeds lost appeal " LeedsNEwco signed an undertaking not to challenge the 15 points deduction in return for receiving the golden share"....quite funny really, lets hope we get up auto and Leeds luckbox the lottery which is the play offs..

PS
Not a "Leeds hater" either. If it wasn't for Leeds, Cloughie would never have come to Forest and we'd never have won the League, 2 European Cups, 4 League Cups etc, TYVM Leeds Smiley

Might aswell have had a gun to Bates head "Sign this or no LUFC"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 03, 2008, 01:29:27 PM »

I really don't understand why there was even an appeal allowed to be have wtf was the point when they knew this doc had been signed so nowt  cud happen what a waste of  like u say rich it's a joke they give u the hope of summit happening when they clearly weren't going to change out what another excellent show by the joke otherwise knowing as the F.A
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »

I really don't understand why there was even an appeal allowed to be have wtf was the point when they knew this doc had been signed so nowt  cud happen what a waste of  like u say rich it's a joke they give u the hope of summit happening when they clearly weren't going to change out what another excellent show by the joke otherwise knowing as the F.A

You are spot on but the only people that made noises that Leeds might get points back were the club and the local media that were obviously fed a few lines now and again. It defied all logic to expect the full 15 back, as said before the only point was were the FA legally allowed to 'add' the other 5 points on for what had been a 10 point penalty. Leeds only  had themselves to blame for breaking the rule twice in less than 6 months.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 04:39:23 PM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »

Will Leeds be the only team to be docked 15 points for this offence?

I think so, as the football league will change the rules again over this, I suspect Bourmouth, Luton etc wont start next season -15.....Justice eh.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2008, 06:38:47 PM »

I think so, as the football league will change the rules again over this, I suspect Bourmouth, Luton etc wont start next season -15.....Justice eh.

Acid,

You were docked 10 points the same as everyone else, you got the extra 5 for the way you had behaved and for not making any attempt to provide the correct financial information in time. The clubs owners must have known they would get another 10 point fine but didnt do anything to avoid this, so why would they expect to get a points deduction overturned, what circumstances had changed?

If those clubs are in administration next season they will get 10 points, if they try to deceive the FA or fail to provide the info and guarantee in time they should get 15 for the same reason Leeds did.

The only people you should be annoyed at are the board and chairman.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »

Acid,

You were docked 10 points the same as everyone else, you got the extra 5 for the way you had behaved and for not making any attempt to provide the correct financial information in time. The clubs owners must have known they would get another 10 point fine but didnt do anything to avoid this, so why would they expect to get a points deduction overturned, what circumstances had changed?

If those clubs are in administration next season they will get 10 points, if they try to deceive the FA or fail to provide the info and guarantee in time they should get 15 for the same reason Leeds did.

No their 10 point deducation was last season.

This was an additional 15 point deduction.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »

Acid,

What he said above me.

3 other clubs did exactly the same as Leeds and came out of CVA not 100%. So the point is, not that if Leeds should have been docked another 15 points (the arbitration said it was justified) but that they should be punished the exact same.

Me thinks not.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2008, 11:21:36 AM »

Acid,

No their 10 point deducation was last season.

This was an additional 15 point deduction.

eh? 10 points last season for breaking the rules. 10 points this season for breaking the same rule and an additional 5 points this season for the way the club conducted themselves and making no attempt to provide the correct info in time.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2008, 12:01:46 PM »

Coming out of CVA without 100% is not the same rule as going into administration.

They were not deducted 10 points this season for coming out of CVA without 100% and another 5 points for being naughty, it was -15 points for not having 100% CVA.

Exactly the same situation as some other clubs... Each time the taxman has decided to be a **** and not play ball with some clubs, rightly or wrongly. So the real question is.

"Will the other clubs who have got themselves into the exact same situation as Leeds receive the same punishment?"

I think not, as Brian Mc******* in a recent interview for radio Leeds said they will look over and review their policy and discuss with the taxman how they deal with football clubs coming out of CVA. Leeds were given a few choices, relegation to Div 2 with no points deducted or start in Div 1 with 15 points off. I do hope this is the deal offered to those other clubs.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »

Oh well it dosent matter now,

lets just give 100% in the playoffs and if not just win the league next year.

Plz Plz Plz Plz wembley.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »

i dont think the playoffs should be at wembley
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »

Why shouldnt the playoff final be at Wembley?

We will get 50,000 easily.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »

You wont get 50k tickets tho, 35k each...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2008, 01:03:29 PM »

You wont get 50k tickets tho, 35k each...

OK, the questions to Trigg remains unaltered tho.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: