blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272635 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Leeds Utd a sad sad story.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 189 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leeds Utd a sad sad story.  (Read 521098 times)
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: May 19, 2008, 11:46:01 PM »

Its gonna be no walkover for you at Wembley.

Obviously.

We'll probs lose. But i still cant wait.

You going to the game ? think leeds will do it when you score last minute goals got 2 think it's your year gl
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7410610.stm

probably the stand-out attacking midfielder in League 1 this season, great signing...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2008, 01:58:04 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/7412793.stm

and the other 1 is available on a free!!!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »

Hmmm controversial Commons is a life long Forest fan and has been their best player for the last couple of years. Going to cause a few waves in Nottingham me thinks, especially if he goes to Derby.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2008, 02:28:50 PM »

Kris Commons is a class player. A bit lazy and not the fittest but great on the ball.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2008, 02:31:24 PM »

Well by the sounds of it yesterday was a right mess up in terms of Leeds selling the rest of their tickets for Wembley. People starting queuing days before and camped outside Elland road.

Leeds in their wisdom didn't cap the number of tickets people could purchase, so some people were buying 20+ tickets for other people. This news spread and panic struck and alot of idiots starting jumping the by now 6,000 queue.

Leeds refused to offer any water or provisions to people that had been standing for 20+ hrs, by this time people had begun fainting, passing out and in need of toilets etc. Leeds reply fcuk you, there is a burger bar over there and a public toilet X metres away, yeah so i lose my space in the queue? With very few stewards and little control is starting getting nasty and the now growing police presence were clueless on what to do.

Not once did anyone from Leeds come out and inform people on what was happening, offer help or try and calm the situation. Typical really, but its sad that this was to be expected.

Now the whole games is sold out for Leeds 36,000. Doncaster have sold as of today 18,000. Their chairman has offered 6-8k more tickets to Leeds but the Football League say nope you cannot do that. The remaining tickets that doncaster have for the game can only be purchased by people with Doncaster postcode! and who are on their database?! lol. This was the result of Leeds fans purchasing donny tickets all this week. God knows how many Leeds fans will be in the away end, also its sad that the game will be 3/4 full when they could have filled it 3-4 times over with a little better planning.
Woody502

Football legend!

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2008, 02:13:13 AM »

If he signs for Derby he should sell up and never step foot in the city again. A so called Forest fan signing for Derby is a huge no no! I still have a sneaky feeling he will end up at one of the clubs promoted to the Prem this season though.

Hmmm controversial Commons is a life long Forest fan and has been their best player for the last couple of years. Going to cause a few waves in Nottingham me thinks, especially if he goes to Derby.
Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 23, 2008, 07:51:56 AM »

Well by the sounds of it yesterday was a right mess up in terms of Leeds selling the rest of their tickets for Wembley. People starting queuing days before and camped outside Elland road.

Leeds in their wisdom didn't cap the number of tickets people could purchase, so some people were buying 20+ tickets for other people. This news spread and panic struck and alot of idiots starting jumping the by now 6,000 queue.

Leeds refused to offer any water or provisions to people that had been standing for 20+ hrs, by this time people had begun fainting, passing out and in need of toilets etc. Leeds reply fcuk you, there is a burger bar over there and a public toilet X metres away, yeah so i lose my space in the queue? With very few stewards and little control is starting getting nasty and the now growing police presence were clueless on what to do.

Not once did anyone from Leeds come out and inform people on what was happening, offer help or try and calm the situation. Typical really, but its sad that this was to be expected.

Now the whole games is sold out for Leeds 36,000. Doncaster have sold as of today 18,000. Their chairman has offered 6-8k more tickets to Leeds but the Football League say nope you cannot do that. The remaining tickets that doncaster have for the game can only be purchased by people with Doncaster postcode! and who are on their database?! lol. This was the result of Leeds fans purchasing donny tickets all this week. God knows how many Leeds fans will be in the away end, also its sad that the game will be 3/4 full when they could have filled it 3-4 times over with a little better planning.

Obv not used to big games.

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 23, 2008, 09:13:53 AM »

If he signs for Derby he should sell up and never step foot in the city again. A so called Forest fan signing for Derby is a huge no no! I still have a sneaky feeling he will end up at one of the clubs promoted to the Prem this season though.

Wake up and smell the coffee, "Loyal Footballer" is an oxymoron ..  look up "Judas" in the dictionary and you will see a pic of Sol Campbell and many more money grabbing, couldnt care less Pro footballers.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 23, 2008, 10:34:33 AM »

21/10 Donny 90mins? Going to put 50 quid on to ease the pain if they win Sad
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 23, 2008, 02:08:38 PM »

21/10 Donny 90mins? Going to put 50 quid on to ease the pain if they win Sad

9/4 is massive.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 23, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

Wake up and smell the coffee, "Loyal Footballer" is an oxymoron ..  look up "Judas" in the dictionary and you will see a pic of Sol Campbell and many more money grabbing, couldnt care less Pro footballers.

Like Berbatov when he leaves you mean?

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 23, 2008, 04:00:46 PM »

Berbatov has never told the fans that he is a spurs supporter through and through and wants to stay at the club forever ... berbatov like 99% of all players these days is just a football mercenary, to believe anything else is quite simply naive.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 23, 2008, 04:14:56 PM »

To be fair to Kris Commons, I don't hes ever pledged himself to us and if I was in his boots a contract worth approx £1.5million over 3 years I'd play for Derby too...Smiley I certainly won't be booing him if he does next play at the City Ground as a Derby player.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: May 23, 2008, 06:04:05 PM »

Berbatov has never told the fans that he is a spurs supporter through and through and wants to stay at the club forever ... berbatov like 99% of all players these days is just a football mercenary, to believe anything else is quite simply naive.

I don't think you could hold it against them though. Its a completely different market to what it was in the good old days.

If clubs manage contracts properly they can limit what they are open to losing from footballers seeing out their contracts.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 189 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: