blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 133350 times)
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 01, 2006, 10:10:09 PM »

Ok heres a positive, I'm positive it's going to be great.

Throughtout my life, when conducting business deals or making agreements with my friends, I didn't ask or need to see every little detail in writing, I didn't look for hidden agendas. I trusted them.

Shakespeare said "He that filches from me my good name Robs me of that which not enriches him, but makes me poor indeed"

I know Tony very well, and ol Shakey might have written that with him in mind. He would never knowingly be involved in something that was detrimental to anyone. If he says it's on the level, thats good enough for me.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 01, 2006, 10:14:41 PM »

Des,

any chance you might consider setting up a "unrecognised person who makes money from poker" tour? I'd love to play in that =)

We can play heads up for a tenner at my house if you wish. We'll get Tikay round to mix the drinks...

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 01, 2006, 10:17:49 PM »

I am going to have my pennyworth on this, be amazed everyone I don't do serious posts and this will be the first and last that I write ( i do serious in work all day)

1) For £10 what do we have to lose?

2) Someone has put a lot of thought in to this and has come up with a cracking business plan, I say business , because thats what it is, why worry if it's profit making if I / we get added value, and someone to represent the small stakes player, Being a pragmatist I love stuff like this and would run with this any day.

3) The professional issue can be overcome as the ' so called' professional players who would want to play in this type buy in are not true professionals IMHO, so Byron, War and Red no probs!!

4) I have joined and expressed an interest in playing the first comp, a Welshman winning an English tourney, now that would be something to complain about   Grin

5) Oh Booder  

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 01, 2006, 10:27:52 PM »

i have made a member did not get any id from apat or email comfiming i have made a member just the paypal transaction id is this right ?. and i am holliday when you reg for the tournement will have to sneek out find a internet cafe to reg for the tournement promised the girlfriend no poker when we or on holls (of the card type) before you all start
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: August 01, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »

a Welshman winning any English tourney,

make a sentence.................................freezes over  hell  when

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 01, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »

1) For £10 what do we have to lose?

2) Someone has put a lot of thought in to this and has come up with a cracking business plan, I say business , because thats what it is, why worry if it's profit making if I / we get added value, and someone to represent the small stakes player, Being a pragmatist I love stuff like this and would run with this any day.

Totally agree!!!

I cant wait to get my teeth into this, And I wish the organisers all the very best in this venture and you have my whole hearted support.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 01, 2006, 10:33:13 PM »

Excellent idea and all the best with it.

I joined using the pokerplayer promo code and my poker stars id for a fiver. The Paypal reciept says 'Mem002'. Others I know have joined and are a 'Mem001'. Whats the difference? Apologies if you've already answered this!

Cheers,

Rich

mem001 full price membership
mem002 pokerplayer mag code membeship
mem003 online membership online

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
richmagpies

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:55 PM »

Excellent idea and all the best with it.

I joined using the pokerplayer promo code and my poker stars id for a fiver. The Paypal reciept says 'Mem002'. Others I know have joined and are a 'Mem001'. Whats the difference? Apologies if you've already answered this!

Cheers,

Rich

mem001 full price membership
mem002 pokerplayer mag code membeship
mem003 online membership online

Thanks for clearing that up! Appreciated.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 01, 2006, 10:46:02 PM »

Thank you Ironside

Everyone, the feedback has been sensational whether good or questioning. I love all of it. Thank you. Gives us every opportunity to look at improvements and new ideas.

We'll go away and consider everything and if there are changes to be made we'll change it and let you know.

For example to answer bigal who is on holiday when sign up occurs, I am unsure personally of the wisdom of a sign up frenzy at midnight on 31-08-06 for 120 or so seats. I am going to look at other options. Again we will let you know

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 01, 2006, 10:48:54 PM »

But meantime, please give some thought to the Positives, the last few hours seems to have been all negatives

the positives are apparent, its the negatives that need(ed) pointing out/clarification

You should be elated you dont just have a site full of yes-men . I expect all the people that are eligible to play are happy to be able to ask questions/bring up issues without it being considered "negative". Both sides will be the stronger for it once all the concerns/Q's have been ironed out.

Des,

any chance you might consider setting up a "unrecognised person who makes money from poker" tour? I'd love to play in that =)

Thanks Jay, & I will reply to your very kind & thoughtful PM shortly, you'll understand that today has been a little hectic.

I am delighted - absolutely - that the blondes know me well enough to speak their minds, & what is success if we don't endure a little grief along the way?

By "negatives" (in the last few hours) I meant that there seemed to be some sort of temporary fixation with profit making, which was spreading like a grass fire, and even more alarmingly, a suggestion we had "hidden" that aspect.

And whilst that was going down, I'm thinking, "is it me out of step, or the others?", because even at my ripe old age, I see this as something a bit special, but I guess it's human nature to look at the downs, rather than the ups, as it were. (The "pencil sketch" thing).

Oddly, it seems to have turned round again the last hour or so. Like the tide, it ebbs & flows!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 01, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

Does everyone else have to bow now that you're a director?Huh?

On a serious note, I must add, I'm really looking forward to this, and I know a few creases will have to be ironed out, but I do hope you guys can do this well.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 10:52:22 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

totalise

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 01, 2006, 10:58:45 PM »

Tikay,

no worries

Do you see where the profit questions were coming from? The general assumption is that if an organisation is set-up with the intention of being a players organisation, its not going to be one that is designed to make a profit (ala the World Poker Organisation) for the organisers

When it came to light that it WILL be generating a profit for the organisers, thats where the whole questions I believe stemmed from......it was in no way to intimate there was a usurious side to the whole scheme (or at least, I am 99% confident of that)

The company makes money, most people (!!!) get something out of it, now everything is out in the open its easy to see what a great venture it is for all concerned. A win-win

I pretty much said all I can think of, and I managed to bump up my post count some, so its a success on all counts

Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 01, 2006, 10:59:51 PM »

I think it's in a lot of people's nature to question.

In many respects it also seems a bit too good to be true:

Better comps
free food
added value
etc

and the cost to us? £10 a year (assuming you normally pay rake).

If a man in the street said he could do all that for a £10er you'd think he was mad!

The only catch seems to be that the events maybe over subscribed - some people may join ad never get to get in one.

As the association grows this could be a real issue.

I'm sure the assembled brains can sort it out though Smiley

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 01, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

The only catch seems to be that the events maybe over subscribed - some people may join ad never get to get in one.

As the association grows this could be a real issue.

I'm sure the assembled brains can sort it out though Smiley

Give me a UK venue that can hold several hundred please!

This assembled brain is struggling with that!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:43 PM »

Does everyone else have to bow now that you're a director?Huh?

On a serious note, I must add, I'm really looking forward to this, and I know a few creases will have to be ironed out, but I do hope you guys can do this well.

Now look what you've done - called me a Director, after I've just spent x hours telling everybody I am not!

Buy you may continue to bow.

Tony Kendall,
Chairman, APAT

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: