blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272616 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is it worth women playing poker?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it worth women playing poker?  (Read 9015 times)
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 11:33:04 PM »

Put any male from this forum on a table with Cyndie Violette (snooops said it best in his wsop coverage), jen, isabelle, Jen harman, Mel,  cathy (mad martys' better half), vanessa rousso ect and they would be outmatched. To say women all play the same way is a sexist generalisation that will lead to you losing your chips very quickly.
What would I think if I was in this lineup? I would be probably be wondering what some of them looked like naked...then again I'm just an old perv and would lose my chips quicker than most  Cheesy

ariston

better lucky than good
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2006, 01:38:44 AM »

Put any male from this forum on a table with Cyndie Violette (snooops said it best in his wsop coverage), jen, isabelle, Jen harman, Mel,  cathy (mad martys' better half), vanessa rousso ect and they would be outmatched. To say women all play the same way is a sexist generalisation that will lead to you losing your chips very quickly.
What would I think if I was in this lineup? I would be probably be wondering what some of them looked like naked...then again I'm just an old perv and would lose my chips quicker than most  Cheesy

so now genralisation is a bad thing?
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2006, 01:45:43 AM »

Yes, generally

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2006, 01:46:38 AM »

Nothing more sexist than women's only comps.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2006, 01:53:40 AM »

Yes, generally

Is that on the balance of probability? Cool
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2006, 02:03:24 AM »

Yes, generally

Sounds like a sweeping statement to me...

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2006, 02:31:05 AM »

Yes, generally

Look, ive got an A-level law book stuffed down the back of the electric coboured, dont make me bring it out!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool

(my spelling of coboured is soooooooooooooo wrong the spell checker cant even come come up with an applicable anlternate)!!!

thats the level we're working on here!!!!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2006, 02:31:47 AM »

cupboard

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2006, 02:34:15 AM »

cupboard

what colour is it? your thinking of the wrong one, thats why you've spelled it wrong.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2006, 10:28:44 AM »

Yes, generally

Look, ive got an A-level law book stuffed down the back of the electric coboured, dont make me bring it out!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cool

thats the level we're working on here!!!!

No wonder I can't keep up

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
stallyon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 10:26:31 AM »

In general i have found most women players to be weak tight.

this is how I prefer my women - weak and tight

Click to see full-size image.
langboy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »

Folks,

Leaving all genetic arguments aside. How many of the 8773 entries in the WSOP Main Event were female?

Maybe that will help explain a few of the male domination misconceptions.

But, meanwhile, take a look at this for a final table!!!!! http://www.blondepoker.com/index.php?q=node/3213 Thats what I call domination.

Wink

Mike

7th place at Blonde Bash 3 on Sunday 10 Sept 02.00am.....Back on Austrian soil 12 hours later......Head in the clouds still!
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »

I played with vanessa russo on most of my day 2 in the 5k shorthanded event and she was the trickiest opponent i had faced so far, except hallingoll. She was always looking to be in the action, and we had a fair few battles once i got chips, thank god lindgren knocked her out, :-)

ruthless1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2006, 02:11:06 PM »

I played with vanessa russo on most of my day 2 in the 5k shorthanded event and she was the trickiest opponent i had faced so far, except hallingoll. She was always looking to be in the action, and we had a fair few battles once i got chips, thank god lindgren knocked her out, :-)
Didnt i take a few pots off you once when we played at Brighton in feb???
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2006, 05:18:42 PM »

Yep, I think your memory serves you correctly, it may appear that women are my achillies heel, the perils of being a man

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: