blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:09:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Red's Roots
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red's Roots  (Read 10633 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2005, 02:14:40 PM »

I was surprised to learn that Tony likes the Fairground boxer and hard men stories, I am a Romany Gypsy (yes, I still live in a caravan) and I know a lot of these guys in person

Because I am a Gypsy I have met with a lot of prejudice in my life, mainly because people are suspicious of what they don't understand, I decided that the best way to combat this was let people ask me about the Gypsy way of life and answer as best I can, I give talks to police forces all over the country and in reality all I do is let them ask me questions, so if anyone wants to know something, please ask

Mrs Red and I were invited to the Queens garden party a little while ago, the group that I work with won the Queens Jubilee award for services to the community, I think we were the first Gypsies ever to walk through those gates, I was very proud

Life is very difficult for Gypsies at the moment, the Sun newspaper is running a hate campaign and there are a lot of people who are not really Gypsies who have taken to caravans, some of these groups cause a lot of trouble and we have to carry the can. This is not to say that we are all angels, we have bad people amongst us just like any other community

I haven't mentioned this before because I wanted you to know me as a person first and a Gypsy second

I am very proud of my heritage and my ancestry, my forbears have been imprisoned, transported, and even executed for the crime of being a Gypsy; it is a testimony to their courage and love that I am here at all

The older I get, the better I was.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2005, 02:18:10 PM »

never mind that when you going blonde

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »

Lol, TOMORROW!!!!!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2005, 02:21:45 PM »

nice post red.

But i didnt assume the title refered to your hair!!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:24:27 PM »

ahhhhhhh differnet roots

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 02:26:07 PM »

or different strokes...I'm not sure, so I'm keeping quiet lest I offend him!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »

Lol, TOMORROW!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing Blonde-Dog make his debut at Broadway.

Are you playing the 100?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2005, 02:31:02 PM »

Lol, TOMORROW!!!!!

Are you playing the 100?

Which 100, on lads or at the Broadway?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 02:41:31 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 02:32:16 PM »

Lol, TOMORROW!!!!!

Are you playing the 100?

Which 100, on lads or at the Broadway?

Broadway, m8.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 02:33:07 PM »

Yes, I think so

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 02:43:19 PM »

NO HATS!!!  Grin Wink
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »

Good for you Red,

My mum is from Gypsy stock, and while I am proud of that fact, I did find it difficult as a child when the other kids found out - but it never stopped me telling people about it and being proud of my romany heritage. I do consider myself Romany.

I can imagine you were possibly biting your nails a bit at making that post - but bloody good for you, and it's another testament to this forum that you felt that you could make it.

Sounds like you do an awful lot of good work, with the people you talk to and the information you give out.

Ta you Smiley

Heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 02:44:50 PM »

Wow - a REAL Gypsy? Fantastic!

I am afraid I live in my own little insular world, & know nothing of the hate campaign by The Sun, but I've had a lifelong view on what has come to be known as "Gypsies".

When we were kids, a "tinkerman" used to come round once or twice a year - horse drawn gypsy trailer, the lot. He'd sharpen knives & scissors, and lawn mower blades, & we used to feed his horse apples from the tree in our garden. He was a PROPER Gypsy, immaculately clean and tidy, respectable, upright, & law-abiding. this is MY perceptrion of Gypsies. And of course I read all the books I can find on the Gypsy fighters - awesomely hard and brave men.

But in the last 20 or 30 years, has come the emergence of what are sometimes called "travellers", or, in my language, "diddy-ky's". These are the caravan dwellers who suddenly arrive in a field or Supermarket Car Park, break into all the local houses, steal openly from shops, leave mountain of rubbish & scrap iron around when they leave, da de da de da.

These peeps are usually referrd to as Gypsies. They are NOT. And that;s where Tom's problem lies I suspect - differentiating between the two in peeps minds.

For the purpose of this debate, lets make sure we refer to each group properly - Romany Gypsies are Gypsies, & the "others" are Diddy-Ky's.

I hope & beleve that Tom's post will furher his cause, he really has a problem that persecution is taking place, & I think this is going to help, maybe not much, but bit by bit is the way to go. Big problems need to be solved in bite size chunks.

And how does this affect my perception of Tom? He was always one of my heroes - he has other aspects to his life which I know about & you don't. Jeez, he is SOME big man, I tell you.

But he's just become even bigger.

He has every right to be proud, & I can't believe how lucky we blondeites are to have him amongst us.

Of all the ways blonde has impacted upon my life, getting to be a friend of Tom's ranks very near the top.

Way to go Tom.

By the way, we have decided (Tom & I) that we will make an exception to the "no flaming" rule on blonde in this ONE case. If peeps have a prob with Tom & his kinsfolk, let's hear about it. These things only get better by being openly discussed, & if there IS prejudice out there, lets hear about it. Personally, I am not aware of it, but we shall see.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 02:47:50 PM »

But we gotta hear about how your visit to meet HM The Queen at Buck House went...!

Is she a blondeite?

Could we get her to dye her hair? Or Charlie Boy?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 02:49:25 PM »

I used to work in Epsom next to where a guy called Creamy (sp?) lives. He was always friendly to me but a lot of people used poo themselves and walk off whenevrer he approached cos he's meant to be an ex bare knuckle boxing super hard man. Know him?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: