blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:25:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Can anyone Justify this call in a Cash Game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone Justify this call in a Cash Game  (Read 5966 times)
cambo

back to the tic cave son

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 07:44:06 PM »

most people will sit down with 60-70 flushy which stil isnt the best, as most of the time ur puttin all ur chips in on 1 hand, where it can work in ur favour for the good players like timaloy is sit with 60 then double through then with everyone constantly buyin back you can make a good few quid

bring back Fergus! and the bandit! free the glasgow 2!
temp0r

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »

Yes, and player 1 is a mug for passing.

i second this notion.
in future i suggest not moaning about people calling when they have implied odds and finding a cash game with half decent structure.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:02 PM »

Sitting down with 20-50 in a 1-1 game is surely a bad idea?

You should try THIS game in particular Flushy, you would sit with £50 as well it limits the outdraws, most of the table are calling stations, no need for a big stack you wil get it at the table.

You get outdrawn, you reload.

I doubt Flushy would buy in for £50.

If you can beat the game, have a bankroll to stand it, sit with a stack to maximize EV.

Would you rather risk £50 as a 65% fave, or £200 as a 65% fave?

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Enzyme_

Poker Face >.<

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 10:02:26 PM »

Yes, and player 1 is a mug for passing.

i second this notion.
in future i suggest not moaning about people calling when they have implied odds and finding a cash game with half decent structure.

player 1 never called player 2 did the shorter stacked one, i wanted player 1 to call i would have taken out draw off him just player 2 caling i find odd but im only a newbie anyway Smiley

2 Fins off a Fish!
MrsLime

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 10:25:29 PM »

player 1 never called player 2 did the shorter stacked one, i wanted player 1 to call i would have taken out draw off him just player 2 caling i find odd but im only a newbie anyway Smiley

I know I'm not allowed to correct anyone's grammar, but this is surely the world's worst sentence.  What does it actually mean?  How can we respond meaningfully to such gibberish?

Administrator
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 10:45:12 PM »

Well I suppose we'll let you off MrsLime, seeing as you did it in such a humble, benevolent and understanding manner.  Wink

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 11:03:45 PM »

Here's how I read it.....

It was not gentleman one who called, 'twas gentleman two, the shorter of the stacks don't you know.

I would have welcomed with open arms, and a drop of cognac, being outdrawn by gentleman number one, he used to skull for my brother at Eton. Sadly, he lacked either the stiff upper lip or testicular fotitude required to make such a call, and my chips were taken by the other fellow.

Most peculiar.

I'm a trifle new to this whole shooting match, my Granmama used to play bridge with the Duchess of Kent though.

To be fair, that doesn't make much sense either.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 04:49:59 AM »

Sitting down with 20-50 in a 1-1 game is surely a bad idea?

You should try THIS game in particular Flushy, you would sit with £50 as well it limits the outdraws, most of the table are calling stations, no need for a big stack you wil get it at the table.

You get outdrawn, you reload.

I doubt Flushy would buy in for £50.

If you can beat the game, have a bankroll to stand it, sit with a stack to maximize EV.

Would you rather risk £50 as a 65% fave, or £200 as a 65% fave?

Exactly, if the game is full of calling stations i want to be deep. The only time i want to be shallow is against players who i can't really outplay down the streets, but i am comfortable that i have an edge on the flop and pre flop.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 09:16:30 AM »

Here's how I read it.....

It was not gentleman one who called, 'twas gentleman two, the shorter of the stacks don't you know.

I would have welcomed with open arms, and a drop of cognac, being outdrawn by gentleman number one, he used to skull for my brother at Eton. Sadly, he lacked either the stiff upper lip or testicular fotitude required to make such a call, and my chips were taken by the other fellow.

Most peculiar.

I'm a trifle new to this whole shooting match, my Granmama used to play bridge with the Duchess of Kent though.

To be fair, that doesn't make much sense either.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 02:21:07 PM »

Interesting hand from that night

Loonie player in question is on the button with around £400, you have £450. One of the few hands that isnt raised £25 pre flop.

8 Handed Ring Game

You: BB with 3h6h

5 way Hand Limped to you on BB, You call £1 straddo.

Straddo Checks.

Flop comes 3s6s8c

Pot: £10

SB Checks

You Bet £10

Folded to Button who raises to £25

Pot: £45

£15 to call......What do you do against this maniac player?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 02:32:45 PM »

what do you mean, what do you do? you bang em in there. I'd reraise him.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 02:48:03 PM »

Call.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »

How much do you bet, what do you put him on, your out of position against a hyper agressive and unpredictable player, whats your reason(s) for raising here?
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 02:54:55 PM »

You call £15

Turn Ah

You to act.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 03:03:08 PM »

How much do you bet, what do you put him on, your out of position against a hyper agressive and unpredictable player, whats your reason(s) for raising here?

because I want him to be very sure I am ahead. I also don't like giving away free cards so I reraise him for about 45-55£ (slightly below the new pot)

I take him for either top pair (in which case he is beat)...or and even more likely as he didn't raise this hand (agressive players tend to freeze up when they actually find a hand better then AK) a high pocket pair maybe even just two over cards.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: