blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Can anyone Justify this call in a Cash Game
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone Justify this call in a Cash Game  (Read 5920 times)
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2006, 03:07:45 PM »

ok

Pot: £60

Board: 368A

You Check

He Bets £25 (Very Weak bet, Thinking we are still ahead here, this is where I make a small mistake I think, still trying to keep the pot small tho)

You to act, whats the play?

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2006, 03:08:34 PM »

You call £15

Turn Ah

You to act.

interesting now. As I said (admittedly after reading this...but that has no bearing on what I thought his hand was) I took him for a hand (as he didn't raise.)

So either he now has trip aces (high pocketpair hence no raise) or made his two pair (he had top pair with ace kicker even)n or just hit his ace with a big kicker (AK)..he could of course also have Q's or K's (still high pocketpair hence no raise..happy with the flop hence the reraise) in which case he wouldn't be happy with the Ace.

In only two of these circumstances are you ahead.

I would be tempted to think he either has A8 or AK...

(As i said I would have reraised him on the flop and then you'd have slightly more info but fair enough)

In this situation, I raise. No bollox. first to act wins. you need to make sure he has you beat before you fold to a maniac (even maniacs find hands sometimes) Raise the 45-55£ I would have re-raised on the flop.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2006, 03:10:26 PM »

ok

Pot: £60

Board: 368A

You Check

He Bets £25 (Very Weak bet, Thinking we are still ahead here, this is where I make a small mistake I think, still trying to keep the pot small tho)

You to act, whats the play?

I just posted what I would do but after you do this I recko.

the mistake against a maniac is thinking he bets like a normal person would. his 25£ bet is supposed to signal weakness. He didn't raise pre-flop, now bets "weak". This would scream trip Aces to me.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2006, 03:17:55 PM »

Sorry, can only put it down as I done it but looking for ways others would have played it too. Can look back on it in hignsight and see how it compairs.

You call the £25

Pot: £110

River Card is

Board: 368A8 No Flush

You Check the River

He moves All-In for £300

£300 to call into a pot of £410...

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »

Well that's a pass.  Cheesy

You've kept the pot small for this reason. Not commited to calling off your stack when a bad card comes.
I don't fancy him having a busted draw often enough here to warrant a call.

We're beaten by any pockets 77+, any ace and any 8.

Big turn raise of around about a tonne might have been a good play.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 03:23:26 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2006, 03:22:03 PM »

Couple of other things, when he moves allin he pushing his mountain of chips over the line, dealer trys to push the back and tell him to leave them infront of him, he insists they stay over the line.

Now that confused things a bit, Is he trying to intimdate or is he expecting to lose them by sticking them out there instead of leaving them safly infront of himself.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2006, 03:25:06 PM »

That suggests confidence to me.

I'd be surprised if he didn't have trip 8's. I'm glad he bet £300 and not £100, I don't have to sweat the pass.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Timaloy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »

Well that's a pass.  Cheesy

You've kept the pot small for this reason. Not commited to calling off your stack when a bad card comes.
I don't fancy him having a busted draw often enough here to warrant a call.

We're beaten by any pockets 77+, any ace and any 8.

Big turn raise of around about a tonne might have been a good play.

That sums it up.

He moves allin , The chips in the pot thing makes me dwell up for a little but calling £300 to win £100 with a pair of wasnt to appealing, the pots small we only have £50 in with a weak hand and the danger card has came (spades and a paired board and an ace).  Need to get this right %100 of the time for it to be a profitable call.

After finding out what he had the £100 raise on the turn would have finnished it, but the ace slowed me down not because I thought it made him 2 pr but because if it made him 1 pair I want to see the river to make sure the board dosnt pair and the spade dosent come because if he had a ace with flush draw hes not going anywhere and we have created a big pot out of position with a weak hand against a loonie player.

I fold and he flips over Jc7c.

Well played by him if he meant it but that sort of crazy play he was setting himself up for a big blow later.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2006, 03:55:36 PM »

I know you were trying to keep the pot small but i think you could have found out a lot by reraising the flop. You have a very draw intensive board so he could have a variety of holdings. I would have raised to charge him and find out what he had.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »

I know you were trying to keep the pot small but i think you could have found out a lot by reraising the flop. You have a very draw intensive board so he could have a variety of holdings. I would have raised to charge him and find out what he had.

exactly..that's why I don't like the  the call on the flop. (as stated earlier)

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 04:53:02 PM »

btw..was this at cincin? and (assuming it is) I might have to show up there for a cash game with this guy.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2006, 06:27:09 PM »

btw..was this at cincin? and (assuming it is) I might have to show up there for a cash game with this guy.
Let me know when you're gonna be there Boldie, I could always do with the extra cash  Wink

BTW - Its a fairly decent game to sit in with around £50, its so easy to double up.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2006, 06:39:06 PM »

Let me know when you're gonna be there Boldie, I could always do with the extra cash  Wink

BTW - Its a fairly decent game to sit in with around £50, its so easy to double up.

lol actually you're not wrong...ever since my tourney and Hu play improved (and it has done very nicely) my cash game has gone to hell. I used ot be a much better`cash game player but now i can't win anything in them anymore.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: