blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:46:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272717 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grovsenor Grand Prix 2006 - Interactive Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grovsenor Grand Prix 2006 - Interactive Final Day  (Read 71039 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: October 16, 2006, 01:53:40 AM »

fancy that.. Paul raging off on one because a deal was made

Next time you are at the final table all you have to say is "no deal chaps".. and that is it. Why let other peoples actions bother you... its not like you should have any reason to be annoyed

When did I rage off??

And when did i say I was annoyed?

I didnt. I am not. I just expressed an opinion and put out some ideas for discussion.

Also, Tom, what exactly did you mean? Speak English man not riddles!! Remember English is not my strong point! lol

Sorry Paul, just trying to be a smart ass (and failing) It's just that I remember you doing a deal on a final table when it suited you.

BTW, I don't buy all that peer pressure malarky. Anyone who can battle his way to a ft in a big event isnt going to roll over just because someone looks at him sideways.

The older I get, the better I was.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 16, 2006, 01:55:21 AM »

In a 3-way raised pot between Peter Smyth, Tony Adderley and Roberto Romanello see a  board.

Peter bets 96k, Tony folds and Roberto moves all-in for 143k more.

Peter calls with  which is ahead of Roberto's 

Turn:

River:

Giving Peter the flush and the chip lead and meaning Roberto Romanello is OUT in 7th place winning £10,000

Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 16, 2006, 01:58:48 AM »

Looks like a sensible deal to me given the situation.

They've managed to secure themselves a healthy payday and leave substantial prizes for the top places without taking too much gloss off.

Of course it may get renegotiated later, but that's their pejorative..

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: October 16, 2006, 02:01:30 AM »

Yes Red, I did do a deal recently. A 4 way deal when there was a massive chip leader and us 3 had similar 10(ish) x BB and the deal meant I locked up 2nd place money. HATED doing it as well - Just ask TK (he was one of the other 3) I never suggested that deal and it took them a little while to convince me to take it.

The point I was trying to make (without sounding judgemental) was that the deal done in this event HURTS the chip leaders greatly in my opinion., not the prize money wise, but the obvious attitude change of the guys in 13th to 6th place and the subsequent chip redistribution that will follow.

I said origionally that I can understand the 13th to 6th place people agreeing to this deal, but I fail to see ANY benefit in the chip leader agreeing to it. (again without judging the chip leader because what he does IS his own business)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:04:35 AM by M3boy » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: October 16, 2006, 02:07:35 AM »

Yes Red, I did do a deal recently. A 4 way deal when there was a massive chip leader and us 3 had similar 10(ish) x BB and the deal meant I locked up 2nd place money. HATED doing it as well - Just ask TK (he was one of the other 3) I never suggested that deal and it took them a little while to convince me to take it.

The point I was trying to make (without sounding judgemental) was that the deal done in this event HURTS the chip leaders greatly in my opinion., not the prize money wise, but the obvious attitude change of the guys in 13th to 6th place and the subsequent chip redistribution that will follow.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, (and may I say you expressed it very eloquently) But the fact remains, YOU agreed to your deal, THEY agreed to theirs.

tryerboy

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 16, 2006, 02:10:00 AM »

and as i sayed befor it not a deal  just paying the prize money as the players  like
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 16, 2006, 02:10:14 AM »

unlucky,,,,,,,,,  roberto romanello ,,,,,,,,,,,you have done well, and now you have done what you set out to do ,,,,,had a lot of fun and enjoyed yourself,this is a big part of the game which i feel is going down hill it all seems to be money ,money,money well its not,its about having great fun and a good laugh ok and the money .but well done m8 see you tuesday and wish anthony luck from me m8

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: October 16, 2006, 02:12:27 AM »

Very true that Tom, very true.

The deal itself (being done) was not what I had an opinion on, it was that it changes the competition greatly until there are 5 left BECAUSE £10k is now locked up. Even Mr TK does not like savers (documented on blonde threads twice) because it "alters" the structure and decision making of the short stacks and hence can have a massive effect on the tournament as a whole.

But to be personally attacked for having a diferent opinion from someone else is just wrong.

Anyways, nuff said.

Great updates as usual

Im off to bed.

GL to those playing - and well done to them on a nice little payday
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:17:15 AM by M3boy » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 16, 2006, 02:12:41 AM »

Matt Cartwright has suggest another deal with payouts of £50k (Mick Fletcher) £45k (Peter Smyth) £38k, £30k and £30k. But that's yet to come to fruition. As they were talking, Anthony Hughes, the shortstack, raised UTG and Zippy put him all-in.

Anthony:

Zippy:

As

Board:

Two Clubs Two Diamonds

Will another deal be done? It's certainly possible...and they're still talking about it.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: October 16, 2006, 02:13:22 AM »

and as i sayed befor it not a deal  just paying the prize money as the players  like

I doubt if the person who exited in 14th place likes the deal 
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2006, 02:15:51 AM »

I doubt if the person who exited in 5th place liked yours.

tryerboy

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2006, 02:15:56 AM »

yes well done rob going to london with me as done your game a lot of good lol  well done m8
tryerboy

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2006, 02:16:54 AM »

29th me £500 i like more lol
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #358 on: October 16, 2006, 02:18:45 AM »

I doubt if the person who exited in 5th place liked yours.

lol TOM - you got me, and if my memory serves me correctly, it was HIM that suggested that deal! So I guess he liked it even less
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »

29th me £500 i like more lol
i think you did well going down to 400 chips when the blinds were 400-800 you either got lucky or stole them hehe anthonys still with a shout

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: