blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Grovsenor Grand Prix 2006 - Interactive Final Day
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grovsenor Grand Prix 2006 - Interactive Final Day  (Read 70489 times)
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2006, 07:45:43 AM »

nice % swap mate, :-)

Wasn't a % swap Pab. I put £50 on (£25 each way) on Zahir with Blue Square. Was so impressed by his play at the Poker Masters I thought 151/1 was excellent value. ...it was  Cool
wow i just saw this,great result nick
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: October 16, 2006, 08:14:00 AM »

nice1 zippy
(& vodka red bull).... Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 16, 2006, 08:25:41 AM »

Very true that Tom, very true.

The deal itself (being done) was not what I had an opinion on, it was that it changes the competition greatly until there are 5 left BECAUSE £10k is now locked up. Even Mr TK does not like savers (documented on blonde threads twice) because it "alters" the structure and decision making of the short stacks and hence can have a massive effect on the tournament as a whole.

But to be personally attacked for having a diferent opinion from someone else is just wrong.

Anyways, nuff said.

Great updates as usual

Im off to bed.

GL to those playing - and well done to them on a nice little payday

Actually Paul, my general view has not been that I don't like savers. It's that savers affect the subsequent play. There's a world of difference between those two views.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:22 AM »

Wonderful Update Floppy, thank you. My apologies that I had to depart at around Midnight.

And BIG congrats to Zippy, who's game jusrt keeps improving every week.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2006, 08:34:15 AM »

TK thats my view exactly.

And if you think a saver changes the subsequent play, do you not agree that the "lock down" of £10k for 13th to 6th GREATLY affected the subsequent play? - THAT was the point I was trying to make.

Not once did I say the deal was wrong - as it is not for me to say "right" or "wrong" as I was not involved.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2006, 08:50:08 AM »

And if you think a saver changes the subsequent play, do you not agree that the "lock down" of £10k for 13th to 6th GREATLY affected the subsequent play? - THAT was the point I was trying to make.

Not once did I say the deal was wrong - as it is not for me to say "right" or "wrong" as I was not involved.

Yes, of course it affected the play. That's the only reason I "won" the £750 at Luton - the game played different after we did the deal.

I say again......

I don't, generally, have a problem with savers. I have done scores of them.

Savers affect the play of the game. I don't have a problem with that, generally.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2006, 09:59:32 AM »

A very great many things affect subsequent poker play. It is up to players to make the necessary adjustments to their game to best suit the new conditions.

As has been said before, no one ever has to agree to a deal/prize structure alteration. If any player feels that a deal would not be to their advantage, they can refuse.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

well done zippy and all the others who made the big money.
my take on the deal- if people want to deal they will, if they don't they wont. I can't believe people keep harping on about deals like they are ruining the game, its our money and if we want to distribute it in what we see as a more fit way then thats our choice. Saying the chip leader must have been leaned on is also a joke, in this game a chip lead can be wiped out in a couple of hands( we have all been there). In the recent big omaha comp on stars I was chip leader approaching the bubble and out 2 hands later after twice flopping the nuts with cover, bad things happen in poker and 10k each for the next few out was a good deal imo. It wouldn't have changed the game dynamics that much as they were still playing for a 75k 1st prize. The chip leader when the deal was done was Mick and I can promise you he will not be leaned on in a deal (he is notorious for not being a fan of deals)- obviously with it turning into a crapshoot he felt it was the right decision.

ariston

better lucky than good
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2006, 12:01:44 PM »

Yeeeeee Haaaaaa n1 zippy
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »

Really enjoyed this update, Shame i fell asleep around 3am,

Very well done guys and congrats to Zippy.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2006, 03:28:41 PM »

WOW well done Tony....£40k! Congrats m8.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2006, 05:27:20 PM »

dad dont dance dad dont dance

AAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome result for Matt, nice bloke and a very good player, also nice to see a Walsall regular take a big chunk of the cash!!
He was also one of my 2 tips Cheesy
If Alrightjack reads this i did think it odd that Matt said he felt outclassed in the event the other week (he qualified thru Blusqr) as he has been a regular winner at Walsall and The Broadway for a while now.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: October 16, 2006, 05:29:16 PM »

I do have a question about the deal(s), Grosvenor introduced a rule a year or so back stating that deals were not to be approved/acknowledged by the card rooms, have they changed the rule back?
I think floppy said they froze the clock for deal making?

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 16, 2006, 05:54:50 PM »

I do have a question about the deal(s), Grosvenor introduced a rule a year or so back stating that deals were not to be approved/acknowledged by the card rooms, have they changed the rule back?
I think floppy said they froze the clock for deal making?

BlueSq/Grosvenor were taking pictures of Zippy with the £100,000 over-sized cheque, so I assume what you said is still the case.

AMJ2006

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 16, 2006, 06:35:56 PM »

zippy here,thanks 4 the support guys,and vodka u ou me more then just adrink,,,,,,thanks guys and see u all soon.........
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: