blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Amsterdam Master Classics: Day Two - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Amsterdam Master Classics: Day Two - Interactive  (Read 41122 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

And with Gilles Haddad taking 56th (J-J v A-K, K on Flop) and Y Zhou 55th (A-4 v A-5, Ace high Flop), we have reached out 54 players target and are finished for the day.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:08:15 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »

Still in are:

Matt Tyler
Ross Boatman
Devilfish
Jan Sjavik
Rolf Slotboom
B Biri
A Jalali Sousan Abadi
Barny Boatman
JJ Hazan
M Vlek
Keith Hawkins
S Pezner
Jerome Bradpiece
Sigi Stockinger
Sverre Sundbo
Jorryt
J Meyer
Mike Magee
Andreas HAgen
S Riviere
D Kitai
J Koops
Jan Boubli

... to name just a few.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2006, 10:10:15 PM »

Marcel Luske was a late casualty.
SOXY

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 09, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »

hairy muff... but i still wouldn't like my set on that board even against the jiggy Fox ..!!!

but then again i am a tight ass mofo..!!

portfolio

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 09, 2006, 10:15:08 PM »

anybody think foxy would pass  if hands reversed??

thought not.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2006, 10:16:36 PM »

Just to clarify, Foxy didn't moan at all, it was Camel who expressed surprise that Jerome Bradpiece made the call.
SOXY

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2006, 10:22:04 PM »

for fear of this turning into a heated debate....i'll end it with, You win some,you lose some..!!!

good effort foxy lad, and good luck to the remaining players.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2006, 10:24:10 PM »

foxy wouldn't moan because if the roles were reversed he would also make the call.

Range of hands foxy pushes with

nut flush draw - ie 12 outs with u having redraw- qqq 60%fav
2 pair (kq, qj, KJ)- qq huge fav either- 85% fav v 2pair with kings or drawing to running jacks v qj
other flush draw- qqq 70% fav (or 50/50 v ten flush draw)
slow played aces- qqq 75% fav
flopped str8  (dont think foxy moves in myself, he may wait till turn or small raise)- qqq obviously big dog but only hand that kills you apart from kkk where u are really screwed.
thin air- nuff said.

I think its an easy call although the guy played the hand terribly and foxy deserved better for a real ballsy play.

ariston

better lucky than good
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:03 PM »

Camel would have called with top 2 never mind a set stirthepot

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:32 PM »

I think its an easy call although the guy played the hand terribly and foxy deserved better for a real ballsy play.

why do you say he played it terribly?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2006, 10:32:52 PM »

And with Gilles Haddad taking 56th (J-J v A-K, K on Flop) and Y Zhou 55th (A-4 v A-5, Ace high Flop), we have reached out 54 players target and are finished for the day.

Correction, Gilles Haddad had 5k left and has scraped into Day 3.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:58:58 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 09, 2006, 10:34:24 PM »

Who apart from tighty would have folded a set of QQQ there ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 09, 2006, 10:36:32 PM »

asking for trouble imo playing queens slowly at that stage of the comp. He allowed foxy to make a play with outs and imo he didnt deserve to be rewarded by winning such a huge pot. To not get busy and define your hand preflop then just smooth call the 15k (hope I have read the hand right but I aint going back to find it lol ) is not wise. QQ is one of the hardest hands to play and I think winning the pot with little risk (ie defining your hand preflop or certainly raising on the flop) is the best way. A flop of KQJ with 2 of a suit is probably the worst possible flop for QQ as if foxy doesnt make his play there are so many scare cards that can hit the turn to make you fold ( 15 cards put a flush or 4 str8 on the board where you would have to fold to an allin).

Remember folks poker is a game of oppinions and in mine he played the hand badly but made a good call- maybe he called the flop hoping foxy would make a play, only he knows (this could only be the case if he instacalled foxys reraise).

ariston

better lucky than good
gasman

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:03 PM »

asking for trouble imo playing queens slowly at that stage of the comp. He allowed foxy to make a play with outs and imo he didnt deserve to be rewarded by winning such a huge pot. To not get busy and define your hand preflop then just smooth call the 15k (hope I have read the hand right but I aint going back to find it lol ) is not wise. QQ is one of the hardest hands to play and I think winning the pot with little risk (ie defining your hand preflop or certainly raising on the flop) is the best way. A flop of KQJ with 2 of a suit is probably the worst possible flop for QQ as if foxy doesnt make his play there are so many scare cards that can hit the turn to make you fold ( 15 cards put a flush or 4 str8 on the board where you would have to fold to an allin).

Remember folks poker is a game of oppinions and in mine he played the hand badly but made a good call- maybe he called the flop hoping foxy would make a play, only he knows (this could only be the case if he instacalled foxys reraise).

he raised to 3k pre-flop, foxy and the other guy called.

Jerome then bet 15k on the flop, played it well imo
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2006, 10:48:38 PM »

How did he slowplay it? He raised preflop and potted it on the flop. Its wrong to say he played it bad, what else can he do!

Folding QQ here is crazy, foxy needs to have a straight almost 100% of the time to even consider folding (seeing as he was getting 2/1 on the call and he fills up 1 in 3 roughly), and he is too good to just nutpeddle in spots like this. Easy call.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: