blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:51:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61787 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »

What I don't understand is why P4C felt the need to divert funds from this appeal to other causes.

It seems like everybody who attended, as well as Spin Palace themselves, thought that their substantial donation was solely for this cause, so what motivation is there for sending it elsewhere?

Has it been spent elsewhere thou.

the spin palace donation was quoted earlier in the thread by North Angel as going to two named other good causes

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2006, 09:34:05 PM »

I can add a bit more now as i have topped up my internet card as we decided against bringing lappy, bad move.   Ariston .. i know your idea of raising funds is totaly from the heart and we thank you so much, but please can we request that this doesn't go ahead we are all very emotional at the moment and apprehesive about all this and exactly what we have started off here with  my origianl post.  A lot of you have pm'd me and I thank you all for that too but I am unable to answer everyones at the moment due to this internet jobby here, but when i get home on the 18th i will.  

no problem, if those are your wishes Maureen then I wont go against them. I can honestly say this is the only time i have ever had a lump in my throat at any thread on here, when it comes to kids I will always try to help out if I can. It is disgraceful imo the position you have been put in and I wish you all the best.

ariston

better lucky than good
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:36 PM »

It has made us all a bit nervous of accepting funds to be honest, and so many folk on here have already donated towards Reece on the original day.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2006, 09:41:39 PM »

My thoughts were that if any donations were put into a central stars account (ie my old dormant one) then the lump could be transfered to you direct completely annonamously. Nobody apart from Tony would know who had donated what and there wouldn't be a fuss. Obviously though I understand your position and I hope I haven't caused any offence with my suggestion. Charity is a strange thing to accept and I was only suggesting it because of the extremely special circumstances.

ariston

better lucky than good
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2006, 09:41:45 PM »

I am meeting the Chairman of P4C on Wednesday, at his request, to discuss this. I don't know why it falls to me to meet him, but I'm more than happy so to do, & I will travel up to Stoke to have the meet. I am confident we can sort this out.

I will Post on here as to how the meet goes.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2006, 09:45:25 PM »

I am meeting the Chairman of P4C on Wednesday, at his request, to discuss this. I don't know why it falls to me to meet him, but I'm more than happy so to do, & I will travel up to Stoke to have the meet. I am confident we can sort this out.

I will Post on here as to how the meet goes.

makes me feel a bit better about the situation as at least it will be sorted before christmas.

ariston

better lucky than good
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

What I don't understand is why P4C felt the need to divert funds from this appeal to other causes.

It seems like everybody who attended, as well as Spin Palace themselves, thought that their substantial donation was solely for this cause, so what motivation is there for sending it elsewhere?

Has it been spent elsewhere thou.

the spin palace donation was quoted earlier in the thread by North Angel as going to two named other good causes

That is unforgiveable.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2006, 09:59:07 PM »

[What happened to the donation from Spin palace?
The money from Spin Palace's generous donation went towards other grants that were awarded including, Special Care Baby Unit at the RVI and St Oswalds Hospice Jigsaw Appeal.

its seems barmy to me too

I cannot after this time recollect the exact words used in the speeches that day, but P4C did nothing to dispel the view of all of us that the generous spin palace donation was heading towards family and hospital

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »

10. Whatever type of appeal is chosen by trustees to raise funds there are certain points which trustees should bear in mind.

The purpose of the appeal should be clearly expressed. Where the appeal is for general funds then any specific project mentioned in the appeal document should be clearly identified as an example of the charity’s work. Care needs to be taken so as not to mislead donors into thinking that their money will only be used for a particular project identified in the appeal literature where this is not the case.

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/publications/cc20.asp

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2006, 11:40:47 PM »

As I am the one who says it as I see it in almost every circumstance I will be the one to say what a lot on this thread will be thinking (forgive me if I'm the only one).

Wheres the money from the do that was for Maureen and Reece? £940 just doesnt do it for me.
If the rest of the money is still there for gods sake take your chequebook to the meeting with Tony and put this matter to bed once and for all.

nothing else needs saying as far as I'm concerned.

ariston

better lucky than good
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2006, 12:27:28 AM »

As I am the one who says it as I see it in almost every circumstance I will be the one to say what a lot on this thread will be thinking (forgive me if I'm the only one).

Wheres the money from the do that was for Maureen and Reece? £940 just doesnt do it for me.
If the rest of the money is still there for gods sake take your chequebook to the meeting with Tony and put this matter to bed once and for all.

nothing else needs saying as far as I'm concerned.

Ariston - pm'ed you.
satcom

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2006, 09:06:31 AM »

firstly i would like to say..my sympathys go out to stacey and reece and the rest of there family..i hope everything works out well for you all....
i have known andy donn (jagster)about 5 yrs.....he is an honourable man and if he fails to keep his word to deal with all of this..it will be the first time i have known him break his word..i ask that people give andy the time to do wot he needs to do...i spent the weekend with andy..and i know how upset he is by it all and how determined he is to ge tto the bottom of it all....

this very public debate on this issue will tarnish the reputation of those connected with game4life...but until we all know the facts..was that a very fair thing to do..i think not...reputations can take a lifetime to build and 1 careless word to shatter....until all the facts are known i beg that people cease from speculation..wait for tikay to meet with andy and pray that everything is sorted to everyones liking...speculation at this point will only cause lasting damage.....

for those of you that dont know me..i am not a member of game4life...i attend there events..just like i attend many other events...but i do know those that run game4life...and i know how hard they work..and that is why i beg for all specualtion to stop until after tikay has met with andy....

anyway ive had my say now...hope ive not offended anyone in the process....

seasons greetings to u all..................................

daveymck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2006, 09:58:24 AM »

but i am a littel upset to hear that 10k was given to good causes but wages at £155 a week (£8060 a year)was paid

That figure will be slightly higher as there will be employers costs to add.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:49 AM »

firstly i would like to say..my sympathys go out to stacey and reece and the rest of there family..i hope everything works out well for you all....
i have known andy donn (jagster)about 5 yrs.....he is an honourable man and if he fails to keep his word to deal with all of this..it will be the first time i have known him break his word..i ask that people give andy the time to do wot he needs to do...i spent the weekend with andy..and i know how upset he is by it all and how determined he is to ge tto the bottom of it all....

this very public debate on this issue will tarnish the reputation of those connected with game4life...but until we all know the facts..was that a very fair thing to do..i think not...reputations can take a lifetime to build and 1 careless word to shatter....until all the facts are known i beg that people cease from speculation..wait for tikay to meet with andy and pray that everything is sorted to everyones liking...speculation at this point will only cause lasting damage.....

for those of you that dont know me..i am not a member of game4life...i attend there events..just like i attend many other events...but i do know those that run game4life...and i know how hard they work..and that is why i beg for all specualtion to stop until after tikay has met with andy....

I think that they have had more than enough time to put this thread to bed.  The questions being asked should not be that difficult to answer.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 12, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »

I think that they have had more than enough time to put this thread to bed.  The questions being asked should not be that difficult to answer.
I think Satcom's got a point.

Jagster's meeting with Tikay tomorrow, this has been known and arranged for a few days, I really doubt that pushing him for answers before that is particularly helpful.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: