blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:18:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61767 times)
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2006, 07:51:54 PM »

A very good gesture Russ.

Sofaking, 20x! You wuss i could spin it up to at least 50x!
i woulda only played three hands though lol

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2006, 07:52:44 PM »

A very good gesture Russ.

Sofaking, 20x! You wuss i could spin it up to at least 50x!
i woulda only played three hands though lol

LOL Fair play!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2006, 07:58:54 PM »

Having looked at the P4C and G4L website. I hunted down the grants page.
I'd like to ask G4L or P4C what % of each £ donated actually ends up going to a good
causes. Could you donate 10% in the £ to good causes and still be a charity?.

Ok

PLEASE can you answer this question when you have some time,
It is important as I have actually donated in good faith to the
G4L P4C charity.

Best Regards

M

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2006, 07:59:57 PM »

In particular, just as an outsider but one with a financial background in analysis of companies, I find the transfer pricing policy between money raised in the name of P4C at events and then given by G4C to good causes to be opaque in the extreme.

There's a policy?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2006, 08:15:29 PM »

In particular, just as an outsider but one with a financial background in analysis of companies, I find the transfer pricing policy between money raised in the name of P4C at events and then given by G4C to good causes to be opaque in the extreme.

There's a policy?

wrong word possibly.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2006, 08:27:33 PM »

Having looked at the P4C and G4L website. I hunted down the grants page.
I'd like to ask G4L or P4C what % of each £ donated actually ends up going to a good
causes. Could you donate 10% in the £ to good causes and still be a charity?.

Best Regards

M

yes is the simple answer to the question

some charites in the past have gotten away with donating less that 7.5%

i have been a big supporter of P4C

but i am a littel upset to hear that 10k was given to good causes but wages at £155 a week (£8060 a year)was paid

any charity i have helped out with in the past have given atleast 90% of all money raised to the needy

i personally would like to see full accounts of what money has been raised and how much have gone to the needy

how much is awaiting distrubtion and how much has gone on expenses

if more than 15% of money raised has gone on expenses then i feel its time to wind up P4C and for a more effient process put into place

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2006, 09:01:12 PM »

I don't think people coming on and expressing their disapproval is jumping on the bandwagon. People have a right to express what they feel.

I travelled down from Scotland to play in that tournament, spent an amount of money that may not be a lot to many high-rollers, but it was a lot for me. Fizzing, would be the best way to describe my mood when I heard this news.

Also, having personaly solicited doantions on behalf of P4C earlier this year, in the form of sponsorship, I'll feel kind of silly if not enough of that money has done any good.

I stepepd down as a mod on their board last week, I was originally intending to be quiet about having done so. Torn between my personal outrage, and loyalty for P4C. Having thought about it, I think my loyalty lies with the charitability of uk poker players, and not the organization that is it's current face.

I think the people behind the charity are good people, and all the poeple involved mean well. I'm pretty sure about this. I'm not confiedent that it is being run effectivelty though.

Questions have been raised here and in other places, questions that need to be answered. Over and above the Westerngate scandal, how much money is spent on expenses and administration, and how much is really put to good work.

People who raise concerns here are not "anti-charity", they are not being indignant for the sake of it, they're not waving pitchforks and this is not a witch hunt.
UK poker players are generous people, if this charity is not working, we need another one.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »

i may not be as well spoken as these guys above me but i can assure you my heart is as big as a lions.
the only thing i can say in my own words on this subject is

I CAN SEE THE LIGHT !!!!!!!

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2006, 09:10:31 PM »

i may not be as well spoken as these guys above me but i can assure you my heart is as big as a lions.
the only thing i can say in my own words on this subject is

I CAN SEE THE LIGHT !!!!!!!

I said that after too much whacky backy one night.

But then again, I also saw a few goblins and fairies too.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:09 PM »

I have already said that I understand why the post containing personal messages had to be removed and that maybe I have gone about this in the wrong way but at the end of the day ask yourselves one thing, if you had been part of an event to raise money from blondes in aid of a member of your family i feel them blondes had a right to know how much we had received,therefore, all i did on my origianl post was to let all the kind hearted folk who did donate to the cause know how much we had received and to say thanks as i felt that after such a long period we probably would not be seeing much more money. It was on this site that i first came into contact with p4c and it was on here that most of the folks got to know about the event hence my post on here and not P4C.. Maybe i should just every month pm'd Ange/ Davey for the money, but in pm's from them, where there was misplaced cheques , either ange was poorly or then davey was poorly then they were moving into new office premises so i sure as hell am not going to myther people for funds when they are ill. At the end of the day like i stated in my post that was removed i have not accused them of stealing monies all i say is that we are appaled that monies raised have been spent on other causes opposed to Reece.

Fred Titmus

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2006, 09:25:50 PM »

What I don't understand is why P4C felt the need to divert funds from this appeal to other causes.

It seems like everybody who attended, as well as Spin Palace themselves, thought that their substantial donation was solely for this cause, so what motivation is there for sending it elsewhere?
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »

I just want to say to Maureen, sorry all this has been happening, and I hope that it ends in you getting a result that you are reasonably happy with.

**hugs**

heid
xx

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:06 PM »

What I don't understand is why P4C felt the need to divert funds from this appeal to other causes.

It seems like everybody who attended, as well as Spin Palace themselves, thought that their substantial donation was solely for this cause, so what motivation is there for sending it elsewhere?

Has it been spent elsewhere thou.

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2006, 09:27:31 PM »

My thoughts are with you and Reece Maureen and I hope you make Christmas as special as it can be. I don't personally care about any of the other stuff in this thread, the main thing is to give the little one as good a time on this earth as possible.

ariston

better lucky than good
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »

I can add a bit more now as i have topped up my internet card as we decided against bringing lappy, bad move.   Ariston .. i know your idea of raising funds is totaly from the heart and we thank you so much, but please can we request that this doesn't go ahead we are all very emotional at the moment and apprehesive about all this and exactly what we have started off here with  my origianl post.  A lot of you have pm'd me and I thank you all for that too but I am unable to answer everyones at the moment due to this internet jobby here, but when i get home on the 18th i will.  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: