blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:01:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61781 times)
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »

I have stayed well out of it on this thread (until now) because I have been known to speak my mind a little too much on issues like this but I think you need to get your act together. The way maureen has been treated is unnacceptable and at the end of the day she has enough on her plate to be worrying about this sort of thing. Rob said that charities need to be fully accountable and this in fact is part of UK Laws covering charities. I have not attended any P4C bashes so none of "my" money has been missused but i would feel conned if I had. Everyone who went to this do seemed to be under the impression that it was to help Maureen out and even the corporate sponsor was under the impression the money was to be spent either by Maureen or on Stacey, surely it cant be that hard to spend a few grand?

I will not post on this thread again as it seems to be getting abusive at times but I would suggest to resolve this issue you give this every spare minute you have before one of the parties involved contacts the charity commision and starts something way worse than a thread on a forum.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2006, 02:57:10 PM »

Swoon...................................THUMP!!!!

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »

I agree Fred this is not an Ideal thread.

Having looked at the P4C and G4L website. I hunted down the grants page.
I'd like to ask G4L or P4C what % of each £ donated actually ends up going to a good
causes. Could you donate 10% in the £ to good causes and still be a charity?.

Hope it's OK to ask such a question.   

Just like to say good luck to all those involved in sorting out things quickly
and amicably.

Seasons Greetings

Regards

M

great question M

there are so many bogus charitys out there mate,its unreal.

(im not saying that p4c is bogus by any means)(i think they have raised money for good causes)

i know there was a young lady that used to come to one of my warehouses every friday with flowers,she had a badge on that said she gave half her profits to
ty hafan, a massive charity in wales,i must have spent ££££££ with her,after about 3 years she got expossed to only giving a 5% donation (every now and again)(when it suited her)   
i hope this has answered your question mate.

seasons greetings to you too

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2006, 06:11:40 PM »

Trace, who asked you to remove your post?

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2006, 06:32:56 PM »

Someone I respect and one of only three people I would gladly remove it for!

Is it a secret then?

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2006, 06:44:53 PM »

Someone I respect and one of only three people I would gladly remove it for!

Is it a secret then?

Only if asked to remove it via a PM.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2006, 06:50:34 PM »

post was up for less than 3 minutes and I have recieved several pms from people all wanting to know who posted then removed. I know none of the mods would have asked to remove the post so I would assume its Ang (forgive me if I'm wrong). None of this is any of my business as I have given nothing to P4c (which I am really glad about to be honest- I donate to charities direct before anyone thinks I'm heartless) but I will say just reading this whole thread has left a very nasty taste in my mouth and there isn't usually smoke without fire. Any charity should have a full set of accounts available when anyone questions its integrity (I haven't questioned anyones integrity but several people in this thread have). If the funds are all still there then a week (the length this thread has now been running) is more than enough to have sorted this matter out imo. If I had donated in anyway to P4c I would have already contacted the charity commision to let them confirm everything is above board as anyone reading this thread can clearly see there are several "grey" areas that need to be explained.

ariston

better lucky than good
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2006, 06:56:58 PM »

Like Ariston, I havnt commented on this topic until now.
I really hope p4c get this sorted asap and Maureen gets ALL the funds from the event at The Western.
Then i think questions like below need answering asap.

I'd like to ask G4L or P4C what % of each £ donated actually ends up going to a good
causes. Could you donate 10% in the £ to good causes and still be a charity?.
Answers to simple questions like these would help p4c no end.
And to be honest things like this should be on p4c website in the first place to stop any questions being asked in the first place.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »

Just a thought but I have an old stars account (empty) that I don't use anymore. If any of us would like to help maureen out maybe we could transfer "donations" to that account and I will gladly give someone like tony the password so he can transfer the funds to himself and see maureen gets all the funds str8 away. I am sure maureen wouldnt accept this but if we all did it through an old dormant account then all donations would be completely annonamous so she wont know where the few $s have come from. I think we should try and make this christmas as special as possible for the little one and if we could do our bit in any way I am sure it would be appreciated.

If tony agrees to this I will give him the account name and password and he can change the password so only he has access to this and will make sure all the money donated will go straight to maureen. I for one would love to give something to help make this Christmas as special as it can be under the circumstances.

ariston

better lucky than good
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2006, 07:19:25 PM »

Just a thought but I have an old stars account (empty) that I don't use anymore. If any of us would like to help maureen out maybe we could transfer "donations" to that account and I will gladly give someone like tony the password so he can transfer the funds to himself and see maureen gets all the funds str8 away. I am sure maureen wouldnt accept this but if we all did it through an old dormant account then all donations would be completely annonamous so she wont know where the few $s have come from. I think we should try and make this christmas as special as possible for the little one and if we could do our bit in any way I am sure it would be appreciated.

If tony agrees to this I will give him the account name and password and he can change the password so only he has access to this and will make sure all the money donated will go straight to maureen. I for one would love to give something to help make this Christmas as special as it can be under the circumstances.

Thanks Russ, I know that many people on here would like to donate in some way or other, I'm sure something can be arranged. The fact remains though, people have already donated, and are anxious to see that the money they gave goes where they intended to go, and were led to believe it was going.

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:38 PM »

great idea m8,or what you could do is put the money in that account let me play on it for a few days multiply it by 20 then give it to mau,,,,,,,,,,,ok second thoughts, stick with your idea lol.nice gesture ariston.

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:10 PM »

nice idea Russ. As someone who donated that day at the Western I'd donate again in a flash.

However as RED emphasises I would like to see all money raised that day go to where we all want it to go first and foremost and await adequate answers to all the points raised along with everyone else.

On a wider issue, as raised by several people, open disclosure of policies as to expenses and costs must be a key objective now that it is seen to be operating below what I consider to be good business practice.

In particular, just as an outsider but one with a financial background in analysis of companies, I find the transfer pricing policy between money raised in the name of P4C at events and then given by G4C to good causes to be opaque in the extreme.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 11, 2006, 07:46:15 PM »

Its a bit close to christmas for my liking to wait. I will kick in a donation to start the ball rolling. I am not willing to wait for P4C to answer the things being aimed at them as this could well be the little ones only christmas. Please could one of the mods contact Tony to check he will facilitate this as I would like to help out as I am sure many others would. The account is sat there and can be put to a good use. I dont want to facilitate it myself as I feel tony would be the most appropriate guy to get the money straight to Maureen without a fuss being made.

ariston

better lucky than good
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2006, 07:48:51 PM »

tikay will be online later, send him a PM Russ.

And for final clarification, no blonde moderator asked for trace's post to be deleted in which she referred to the thread as a "bandwagon".

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 11, 2006, 07:50:22 PM »

A very good gesture Russ.

Sofaking, 20x! You wuss i could spin it up to at least 50x!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: