blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:10:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61762 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

Hi Maureen, lovely to hear from you again and wishing you and Reece all the best.

I missed the event at The Western, but how much did P4C raise for you guys ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 10:01:26 PM »

Thanks Shelly.. cope.....well...that's a matter of opinion..one copes as they know how and it is really strange how you do cope.. i would say that in the past (pre Reece) i would have said a very similar thing..or asked the question " how do you cope" ..but you do..you have to..there is no choice..love takes over..one goes in over drive....this is how i am coping..

Tx ..xx

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 10:03:34 PM »

Maureen and welcome back!

Glad to hear you and yours are as well as to be expected (and better lol), but do you know how long it should take for the donation to reach the hospital? I would have thought it should have gotten to them LONG ago!

Jane xx

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 10:04:51 PM »

Hi Maureen, you have been missed, welcome back Smiley

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 10:16:49 PM »

Estimated around 7k in total ...received £640..plus £300 direct donation from the Western Club to Stacey on the day..but this is my estimate...no one said exactly how much was raised. We were told that the event was in aid of Reece alone and that all donations would be spent in liason with us.  The total received in aid of Reece was £940.00, which was paid direct to Stacey.

Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »

So you haven't had a breakdown as yet of what was raised?! I assumed, like you did, that it was an event to raise funds for Reece alone, and I'm sure also in the original thread it said you would be consulted as to where the funds would be going.

Hopefully someone from P4C can shed some light onto what has happened! I assumed (wrongly it would appear) that Stacey would have received more than just £940.

Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 10:47:27 PM »

A couple of quotes from the original BLONDE thread and the URL to it:

That is why the proceeds of this event will be spent by Game for Life in consultation with Maureen and Stacey. The money raised may be spent specifically on Reece, they may go to the service providers who have helped Reece and Stacey over the last 15 months or it may be a combination of the two. Every penny from this tournament will either help Reece, his family or kids just like him.
           PAGE ONE

What can I say but fantastic to see everybody supporting the Reece fund and thank you for digging into your pockets .  £4750 was the total amount for the day, so 1/2 to prize fund and 1/2 to P4C .
     PAGE FIFTEEN

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=9505.0
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 08:38:32 AM by Trace » Logged

Liberavi animam meam
TheJagster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 10:58:52 PM »

Yes Jane you are correct in that more than £940 was indeed raised although it was not as much as £7,000 and don't forget that half of the money raised in the tourney itself was returned as prize pool. Although some did give a proportion of their winnings back including one person who returned ALL of his winnings!

We are arranging a grant to Booth Hall.

Just to explain we do not give donations as such but grants. Whilst it is easier to give a donation by simply writing a cheque there is then no knowledge of where that money goes and so it was decided at the outset to only give grants for specific named and agreed projects which we have to agree with the recipient. This by its nature does make the process longer. We are in the process of doing this with the hospital concerned but they do need chasing and I have asked for this to happen next week.

I have sent a PM to Maureen to explain where we are with this which I hope will ease her concerns.

The specific grant will be given by Game For Life as the registered charity and will be in the names of Game For Life and Reece. When this is finalised it will be published on our website and as the matter has been raised here I will post confirmation on Blonde also.

I hope that this clarifies the situation as far as possible at the moment.

Andy. (Chairman - Game For Life)

26. Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 11:05:12 PM »

Cheers Andy, clears it up nicely  thumbs up

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 11:27:42 PM »

Tx for repling to Jane but it still has not been stated as to how much exactly was raised, Trace quotes London poker girl as saying 4750 was raised on the day, does this take into account the money donated from Spin Palace 3.5k plus 300 from the Western club owners which means that the actual rebuys and the auction raised £950.00.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006, 01:45:53 AM »

Forgive me, I apologise if I've got this wrong, I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw.
I'm not casting any aspersions here, so indulge me please.

As I understand it, we are 6 months down the line, Reece has received only £640 from P4C, the hospital has received nothing as yet, and Maureen doesn't know how much was raised.

Are those the facts? If so, surely there must be a better way.

6 months is a very long time when you are struggling to cope with a sick child.

The older I get, the better I was.
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2006, 04:45:59 AM »

As someone who was there and who did a ridiculous amount of rebuys in support of this wee boy I would also like to know why after all this time the hospital has not received a sizable cheque?

I know I put just short of £200 (and im one of the skint ones) in the pot and tighty who was sat next to me put in WAY more than me.

Even taking off 50% for the prize money I have to agree that this sounds a bit fishy.

Perhaps Davey would be kind enough to give us all an update?

Just to explain we do not give donations as such but grants. Whilst it is easier to give a donation by simply writing a cheque there is then no knowledge of where that money goes and so it was decided at the outset to only give grants for specific named and agreed projects which we have to agree with the recipient. This by its nature does make the process longer. We are in the process of doing this with the hospital concerned but they do need chasing and I have asked for this to happen next week.

I thought the the event was to raise funds for this wee boy, his family and the hospital taking care of him....was there not time enough to sort out the hospital before now?

Here I go again making enemies sigh
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:57:54 AM by suzanne » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2006, 04:54:02 AM »

As someone who was there and who did a ridiculous amount of rebuys in support of this wee boy I would also like to know why after all this time the hospital has not received a sizable cheque?

I know I put just short of £200 (and im one of the skint ones) in the pot and tighty who was sat next to me put in WAY more than me.

Even taking off 50% for the prize money I have to agree that this sounds a bit fishy.

Perhaps Davey would be kind enough to give us all an update?

The Chairman of G4L just did give an update!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2006, 04:59:22 AM »

where on p4c?
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 05:12:17 AM »

Im not trying to upset anyone anyone here coz as you know James I am a great supporter of p4c and attend as many live events as I can.

I made a point of going to this event and donating as much as I could afford. I feel for Stacey and Maureen and wanted to give what I could.

To find out after all this time its not been sorted is to be honest DISGUSTING.

(gonna end up billynomates at this rate)....snatty can I be in your team next event?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:15:38 AM by suzanne » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: