blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Quick Hello and P4C
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quick Hello and P4C  (Read 61510 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 09:51:16 AM »

Morning all. I've been offline almost 3 weeks due to a combination of issues - most of them good. APAT developments Event Two, blonde & 425, a blonde deal with DtD, new Techies lined up, old techies sorted, and, on a personal level, an enormous amount of things have gone off, most of them good, including progress on the return of 425, and developments for me at Poker Night Live and elsewhere, news later today or tomorrow, latest. Been playing a bit, too, gotta keep that balance at my age!

So pardon my absence. I'm offline most of today, too, back properly tomorrow I hope, but I must just comment on this P4C & Maureen issue first.

Give me 10 minutes to write up the Post, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »

Both blonde, & myself, have been very supportive of P4C, both directly & indirectly. However, I did not donate to this cause, nor did blonde, this was a concious decision which I explained to Maureen at the time.

Several blondes are P4C Mods, some blonde Mods are tied in with P4C in some way or another, many blondes support P4C. So, an emotive issue, if ever there was one.

The "do" at The Western.

It was Maureen's impression (for Maureen & Stacey, read Maureen) that the money raised at The Western would all go to Reece, directly or indirectly, being half to Stacey to help care for Reece, & half to the Hospital. That was my understanding, that was the understanding of most of the Corporate Donors to whom I have spoken, & most of the blonde donors appear to have been under that impression.

However, the P4C website says, words to the effect, "money raised will go to help Reece and kids like him". And, as Trace quoted earlier in this thread, see what it says at the very end of the sentence.......

".....A couple of quotes from the original thread and the URL to it:

That is why the proceeds of this event will be spent by Game for Life in consultation with Maureen and Stacey. The money raised may be spent specifically on Reece, they may go to the service providers who have helped Reece and Stacey over the last 15 months or it may be a combination of the two. Every penny from this tournament will either help Reece, his family or kids just like him......"

So, as you can see, it is a little complicated, & there is room for a major misunderstanding here.

What IS clear is that the Hossie, to whom it's apparently agreed that half the money will go, have received nothing. Weekly phone calls to the hossie confirm this. It now emerges that, apparently, the Hospital are said to be holding things up, but the Hossie strenously deny this.  It's sortable, clearly, send them the cheque & it's "job done"! No point in arguing about this - give them the money & it's sorted.

As to Maureen? (Read, Stacey & Reece). This is terribly distressing for them. Never accepted Charity before, & embarrassed aboiu asking whats what, & where did the money go. They thought 50% of the money raised would go to Stacey & Reece directly, but the P4C Website suggests, as I note above, different. But it still may all go to them, in time, we don't know, as there is not much transparency here.

What to do?

I chatted to the Management & Owners of The Western about this. They were appalled that the money raised never went directly to the Hossie & Stacey. (They gave a personal cheque for £300 DIRECT to Stacey, so their money hit the intended target). Remember, The Western generously allowed their premises to be used for the event.

The Western have agreed that we need to solve this problem, & get this money to Reece via Maureen & Stacey, so I have chatted with The Western to see how we can raise some more money, & I will keep you informed.

ALL THIS MONEY, 100%, WILL BE GIVEN TO STACEY. No room for misunderstanding there! Details will follow as soon as I can sort it.

In Posting on this thread, please remember this at ALL TIMES.

Reece remains a very sick boy.

This fund-raising misunderstanding has caused Maureen & Stacey huge personal distress & worry.

I just want to help them, & put this thing to bed in a satisfactory manner. It mut be hell to have a seriously sick child, & Stacey & Maureen deserve our help.

Later this week, tomorrow in all probability, I shall announce new rules for all Charities who wish to raise money via the blonde Forum.

Big thanks go to Tom (Red-Dog) who has been tremendously supportive to Maureen throughout on a personal level.

OK, I have an appointment at 10.30, I gotta go, but I will try & get back on line around midday or just after, prior to going down to Luton this evening. If anyone wishes to discuss this issue with me at Luton tonight, please feel free. I have a whole bunch of info on the subject, and it is not as straightforward as it may seem.

Lets discuss this issue with a view to sorting it, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 10:49:17 AM »

To avoid confusion why doesn't the charity at least send the cheque they promised to the hospital, very easy thing to do - and get that out of the way? How can that be difficult - find out who it should be paid to and send it - I will pay for the stamp if necesarry. You have to assume that the money is just sitting in the bank waiting to be distributed?

If no joy - who are the charity answerable to? I'm not here to make enemies but money should be distributed as promised - come on P4C - reasonable answers accepted.

julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »

what an awful situation, made worse it would seem by the very vehicle that's 'supposed' to help: P4C.
i'm appalled that such an organisation can behave in such a manner.
disgusting.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 11:44:47 AM »

*waves* thenun, good to see you. gl with all this.
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2006, 12:00:28 PM »

Disgusting. How many of us who attended the event would have given so generously if we'd known this would happen? We could have given directly to Maureen to ensure it got to where we believed it was going.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2006, 12:32:02 PM »

It was Maureen's impression (for Maureen & Stacey, read Maureen) that the money raised at The Western would all go to Reece, directly or indirectly, being half to Stacey to help care for Reece, & half to the Hospital. That was my understanding, that was the understanding of most of the Corporate Donors to whom I have spoken, & most of the blonde donors appear to have been under that impression.

When Tony and I first discussed this issue several months ago, we agreed that allowing a charity to conduct a campaign via the blonde forum burdened us with a moral obligation, a duty of care to try as best we could to ensure that any money raised by our members would be used in the way that those donating intended. That remains our position.

I would just add this, I have been down the "Seriously ill child" route, and I can tell you from personal experience, it is a living nightmare.

Maureen and Stacey have enough to cope with at the moment, so please, for their sake, let's keep this debate civil and sensible.

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »

Message to all

I've deleted a few posts from this thread that use language that goes way beyond what we regard as acceptable on blonde and I will contact those people individually to explain my actions

As we can see this is an emotive subject that not only touches many of us on here who know Maureeen and family but also because many blondes, both moderators and members, have connections with P4C. Many also donated at the event, me included.

The good news is that this should allow an open debate on the issue. For example Andy Donn the Chairman of G4L posted earlier on the thread, which I think is to be welcomed and is encouraging. I thank him for that.

I would ask most sincerely that despite emotions aroused by the thread that the tone is kept civil, inflammatory language is not used and we allow all parties to debate openly should they so wish, so that a solution is found speedily for Maureen and her family.

Thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 12:41:03 PM »

Message to all

I've deleted a few posts from this thread that use language that goes way beyond what we regard as acceptable on blonde and I will contact those people individually to explain my actions

As we can see this is an emotive subject that not only touches many of us on here who know Maureeen and family but also because many blondes, both moderators and members, have connections with P4C. Many also donated at the event, me included.

The good news is that this should allow an open debate on the issue. For example Andy Donn the Chairman of G4L posted earlier on the thread, which I think is to be welcomed and is encouraging. I thank him for that.

I would ask most sincerely that despite emotions aroused by the thread that the tone is kept civil, inflammatory language is not used and we allow all parties to debate openly should they so wish, so that a solution is found speedily for Maureen and her family.

Thanks

Well said Tighty 

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 12:42:16 PM »

One real minor thing I've been wondering about for a while regarding P4C.

Gold Membership - Costs £25 per annum. Gold members receive a copy of Poker Europa magazine each month (usual price £40/year) and advance info on forthcoming events. All Gold members' names will appear on the 'Wall of Fame'. Not only a bargain but an essential source of income for Poker4Charity.

The "Wall of Fame" doesn't appear to have been updated for at least a year and a half?

AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 01:54:22 PM »

Does anyone know whereabout on the Poker4charity website they detail how much money was raised at each event and how it ended up being used? I have had a look myself and can find nothing. I would have thought most charities would be upfront about how much money has been raised and who it was donated to. Its the first thing you would expect to see in a post event report.
Trace
21/01/07 18:33:11

Mrs Fielding to be!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 02:20:27 PM »

I can't believe the direction this thread has taken.

Things are being hinted at here that are bang out of order.

My loyalty lies with P4C, always has, always will.

I don't have the answers you are all looking for.

And I can't smooth any ruffled feathers.

Nothing is as it seems folks.

Emotions are running high on all sides, this all could of been handled so differently, but the damage has now been done.

Not much else I can say really, so maybe I just won't.

Liberavi animam meam
AlrightJack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »

There is indeed a page on the Game4life site detailing who has received grants from the charity,

http://www.game4life.org/index.php?page=grantsawarded&parent=grants

but what I was referring to in my previous post was somewhere detailing how much was raised in total at each event,

E.g. 2004 NECS - £xx,0000
      2004 Xmas - £yy,000

Why is this info not available? I am not suggesting anyone has stolen anything, but it must be either incompetence or a deliberate decision to not publish it.
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 02:47:56 PM »

i have deleted all my posts on this matter as to the old saying
"INOCENT UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE"
all i know now is that I'm sure 1000000000%  that little Reece will now get what is overdue to him . as this normally is the case when it is brought to peoples attention,and if this is the fault of the hospital then they should be told of this little boy who's been waiting 6 months.......good luck Reece and god bless you mate....
                                                         James

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 02:48:40 PM »

I can't believe the direction this thread has taken.

Things are being hinted at here that are bang out of order.

My loyalty lies with P4C, always has, always will.

I don't have the answers you are all looking for.

And I can't smooth any ruffled feathers.

Nothing is as it seems folks.

Emotions are running high on all sides, this all could of been handled so differently, but the damage has now been done.

Not much else I can say really, so maybe I just won't.

I'm sure you are right - I hope you are Trace - like you I always want to assume the best about people, but it does seem strange that this charity is late in filing it's company return as well......come on gameforlife just reply with answers and this will all dissappear in a flash - not answering makes it all look more suspicious than it is - hopefully.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: