blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  PSTARS $2,500 TODAY
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PSTARS $2,500 TODAY  (Read 145831 times)
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 20, 2005, 03:12:50 AM »

I agree DC, this is a great tool to tech all the BLONDE out there, I hope everyone on this site understands the importance of haveind experienced people give opinions on this site.

Thanks for giving your insight, it was great to see you having a good time during the comp and doing all the posts while you played.

Maybe you should have pushed w/ that 4 7 Huh? Grin

Hopefully this hand will stick in the back of my mind and I can draw from it some day!

Rookie

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
2005 WSOP PLH WORLD CHAMPION
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 20, 2005, 05:05:17 AM »

Well, this is just jaw-droppingly good - analysis from His Blondeness, & comment from Aces & Brian. Great stuff, from which we can all learn how these boys think.

Almost the whole of blonde tuned in the whole night, and what a rich harvest we reaped - El Blondie & Tony G giving us the "inside line" as they both battled for the biggest purses of their career. The mere fact they they were prepared to post at all was something else.

I'll also share with you that Dave is "running bad" right now, truly. He picked up AA against QQ, but QQ boy only had a handful of chips, & he had KK v JJ, JJ boy ditto. As for the exit hand, well, we regular guys think on a lower level, but top two pairs is tough to get away from, & for Dave to believe Rob H had a set of Jacls meant he had to believe the case J had fallen - which it had. Brutal.

I had barely slept for 3 night - nor had DC for that matter, we had a problem in the hotel, but, like so many others, I ended up glued to my 'puter screen all night. Such is the magic of community poker, when one of ours is involved we feel a need to be there to support them.

I know this sounds ukky yukky, buit how lucky we are. Where else could we get this level of interaction, direct from the table, as it were, with two of Europe's top pros?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 20, 2005, 09:07:52 AM »

check out the following article

"I don't Envy PokerStars One little bit...."

in

www.camelpoker.blogspot.com

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 20, 2005, 09:14:34 AM »

P.S

One of the all time great Blonde threads

The combination of inside track from participants, infromation, speculation and humour was terrific

My eyes are open wide
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 20, 2005, 10:15:39 AM »

Second what Mr End says. It was  great to read through (at the time) 39 pages of stuff yesterday AM then watching the final was actually quite interesting (if a little sad) Cheesy  some of the posts after were a bit hair raising ( are the 18 year olds taking over the world?) thanks to all the blodites who shared their thoughts and experiences.

Now if only I could figure who "pickled Egg " is  Grin

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #650 on: September 20, 2005, 07:45:32 PM »

Dan Harrington?

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 20, 2005, 10:03:54 PM »

Yes, I know for a fact Bundle and me watched it from start to finish, how sad eh.
But it was great fun, just wish i was playing in it too.
The winner definately asked for poker stars if they could transfer the winnings to another account, but they said ,NO. They could only pay the actual account he was using, but he 'd be able to transfer it himself.
On the radio they said he would probably be broke in a year if he didnt change, too much gamble I think they meant, B Greenstein said he hopes he comes and looks him up with his 500k.

Like its been said, Im sure u only have to be 18 to play, and whats to say he wasnt playing on his lap top in a country where 18 is the legal gambling age? Ive read this argument somewhere on the web, but the concensus was he will get paid because he can say he was playing anywhere, and Im sure some US lawyer would lick his lips at this case.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: September 20, 2005, 10:34:46 PM »

Yes, I know for a fact Bundle and me watched it from start to finish, how sad eh.
But it was great fun, just wish i was playing in it too.
The winner definately asked for poker stars if they could transfer the winnings to another account, but they said ,NO. They could only pay the actual account he was using, but he 'd be able to transfer it himself.
On the radio they said he would probably be broke in a year if he didnt change, too much gamble I think they meant, B Greenstein said he hopes he comes and looks him up with his 500k.

Like its been said, Im sure u only have to be 18 to play, and whats to say he wasnt playing on his lap top in a country where 18 is the legal gambling age? Ive read this argument somewhere on the web, but the concensus was he will get paid because he can say he was playing anywhere, and Im sure some US lawyer would lick his lips at this case.

I remember that request clearly, he said OK to the deal "IF.......... IF......... you put the money in...." So weird, alarm bells ringing all over.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 20, 2005, 10:51:59 PM »

Start brushing up on US gambling laws Robert Wink Wink

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #654 on: September 20, 2005, 11:04:07 PM »

Interesting end to the thread. PokerStars rules state that the minimum age to play on the site is should be 18 years old OR the minimum age for the area that he lives........and NO it is not Dan Harrington, i think that has been very well documented now in many areas.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 20, 2005, 11:29:49 PM »

Pickled Egg is now Bill Gazes, D Negreanu & J Juanda, anymore to add to list   Grin

My Dad

Tony Bolto
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 21, 2005, 02:28:09 AM »

It was his friend's account that he was playing on last night.

Ive just came across this elsewhere on the web:One thing to make clear.

Panella = Jim Panella, a friend of Jordan.  Eddystone is in PA, near Delaware.

derrobbie / PagonaB = Jordan Berkowitz, the person who is the skilled poker player.  He lives in Media, which is about 15 minutes from Eddystone (and about 15 minutes from where I live).

I guess this sorts out the age problem if Jim is 21 Wink Wink
by the way derrobbie is the acc  panella wanted the money paid into
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 02:29:50 AM by I KNOW IT » Logged

My Dad

Tony Bolto
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 21, 2005, 02:38:40 PM »

I think everyone is missing the point about online gaming in the US. It is illegal to gamble on line anywhere in the US except through approved horse bettibg sites.

EVERY DIME PLAYED ON THE NET FROM THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS BEING DONE ILLEGALLY!

THATS IT END OF STORY, NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This will change soon im sure, then everyone in the US will need a good buddy over seas so we can lie about where we live Grin

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 21, 2005, 02:43:10 PM »

Brian

It is, perversely, in the interests of the big sites, who are all registered overseas, that online poker remains illegal in the US.

For as long as this is the case, the big B&M Vegas operations are prevented from entering their market and cleaning up

My eyes are open wide
wsopin07

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 21, 2005, 03:20:30 PM »

Brian

It is, perversely, in the interests of the big sites, who are all registered overseas, that online poker remains illegal in the US.

For as long as this is the case, the big B&M Vegas operations are prevented from entering their market and cleaning up

I totally agree, it will become a hudge problem for players in the US very soon, they will want to tax it, there will always be reasons to play online outside the US.

People just need to realize what it is, ILLEGAL, I dont care, I just think alot of people do not understand this point.

JUST WIN BABY, JUST WIN
          THE ROOKIE 4/7
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: